Voting/Election System

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

Voting/Election System

Postby FPC » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:15 am

How about a law that allows players to vote on what sort of voting system their nation uses. For example some options could be:
First Past the Post
Proportional Representation
Electoral College
German Style Proportional Representation (a different name would be needed for this option)

Obviously it would be a constitutional change so would require 2/3 of a legislature to support it. I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions and any other ideas you have for other voting systems ext..
Used to be relevant
FPC

Re: Voting/Election System

Postby Aquinas » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:56 am

FPC wrote:How about a law that allows players to vote on what sort of voting system their nation uses. For example some options could be:
First Past the Post
Proportional Representation
Electoral College
German Style Proportional Representation (a different name would be needed for this option)

Obviously it would be a constitutional change so would require 2/3 of a legislature to support it. I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions and any other ideas you have for other voting systems ext..

It would be wonderful if we could do that, but the game mechanics do not facilitate different voting systems for generating election results, so introducing a law like this would not be very practical.
Aquinas

Postby FPC » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:26 pm

I wonder, is there any way a programmer could implemetn such mechanics? I have a basic knowledge of computer science and we programming and I dont think it ould imossible to add some mechanics.... Im not sure though? Do you know if the developer ever plans to update the game or relaunch the sequel or anything lke thayt??
Used to be relevant
FPC

Postby jamescfm » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:32 pm

FPC wrote:I wonder, is there any way a programmer could implemetn such mechanics? I have a basic knowledge of computer science and we programming and I dont think it ould imossible to add some mechanics.... Im not sure though? Do you know if the developer ever plans to update the game or relaunch the sequel or anything lke thayt??

I believe development has ceased on Particracy Classic, although I'm not sure if Wouter (the developer) is still working on a successor game.
jamescfm

Postby Aquinas » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:31 pm

jamescfm wrote:
FPC wrote:I wonder, is there any way a programmer could implemetn such mechanics? I have a basic knowledge of computer science and we programming and I dont think it ould imossible to add some mechanics.... Im not sure though? Do you know if the developer ever plans to update the game or relaunch the sequel or anything lke thayt??

I believe development has ceased on Particracy Classic, although I'm not sure if Wouter (the developer) is still working on a successor game.

That's correct. I'm not personally involved with Particracy Dev so can't really say much about it, but for more information, I would recommend contacting Wouter directly (lievenswouter@gmail.com ). You might also check out: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5940
Aquinas

Postby FPC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:47 am

Aquinas wrote:
jamescfm wrote:

That's correct. I'm not personally involved with Particracy Dev so can't really say much about it, but for more information, I would recommend contacting Wouter directly (lievenswouter@gmail.com ). You might also check out: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5940

Thanks, I will definetly check that out and I may email Wouter.
Used to be relevant
FPC

Return to Laws