Student Maintenance

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

Student Maintenance

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 21, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm not entirely sure how this should go but I think it may be beneficial to have a variable which relates to how students fund their living whilst in higher education. Originally I thought it could be incorporated into the tuition policy, so something like this:

Name: Higher education tuition policy.

Category: Education

Options:
The government fully subsidizes tuition and provides maintenance grants for students.
The government fully subsidizes tuition but students are required to maintain themselves otherwise.
The government subsidizes tuition only for students from families classified as low-income or poor.
The government subsidizes higher education tuition to a certain amount, the rest is covered by the individual students. This includes scholarship programs.
The government does not subsidize tuition, students must pay for higher education themselves. This does not include scholarship programs.
The government introduces means tested loans for higher education tuition, to be paid back by students after earnings reach a certain amount.
The government does not subsidize tuition but given grants to maintain themselves.

However, as you can tell, it quickly becomes clunky and difficult to easily grasp so perhaps we should have an entirely separate policy, which reads something like this:
Name: Higher education student maintenance policy.

Category: Education

Options:
Students are given grants to maintain themselves while they receive higher education.
Students are given means-tested loans, to be paid back after earnings reach a certain level to maintain themselves.
Poor or low income students are given grants to maintain themselves, otherwise students must maintain themselves.
The government does not provide grants or loans for the purpose of student maintenance.

On the other hand, we do have three higher education policies already so perhaps you might think this is an unnecessary addition altogether :lol:
jamescfm

Re: Student Maintenance

Postby Hrafn » Mon May 22, 2017 1:44 am

I support this.
Hrafn

Return to Laws