National service.

Propose and review new legislative variables for the game.

National service.

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:07 pm

The options thus far are:

All adults upon completion of schooling must serve a term in the military.
All adults upon completion of schooling can be required in times of war to serve a term in the military.
All adults upon completion of schooling must serve either a term in the military or a lesser paid term of civilian national service, at their option.
All adults upon completion of schooling must serve a term of civilian national service.
There shall be no mandatory military or civilian national service.

Shouldn't we also add two more option to these like:

In case of war a draft is called.
All adults upon completion of schooling must serve a term of civilian national service. And in case of war a draft is called.

Opinions?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Re: National service.

Postby jamescfm » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:50 pm

Personally, these seem rather similar to the existing options.
jamescfm

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:45 pm

James there is no option that institutes establishing a draft in case of war at the very least.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby jamescfm » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:55 pm

Excuse my initial response, it was hastily put together on mobile! The real issue here is that a draft and national service are different, though similar concepts. National service is normally upon completion of education whereas a draft is often the entire young, male population of a country. If you want a variable which relates to a draft then my suggestion is an entirely new one.
jamescfm

Postby Corvo Attano » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 am

jamescfm wrote:Excuse my initial response, it was hastily put together on mobile! The real issue here is that a draft and national service are different, though similar concepts. National service is normally upon completion of education whereas a draft is often the entire young, male population of a country. If you want a variable which relates to a draft then my suggestion is an entirely new one.

Then no the fault lies on me I thought the draft was selective conscription.

Not native English speaker and I come from a country with universal male conscription so I biased the word.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Return to Laws