Laaglandese Voice

Laaglandese Voice

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:30 pm

The Official Newspaper of Laaglanden.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Re: Laaglandese Voice

Postby CanadianEh » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Senate Reform Passed

Today the Laaglandese Parliament passed a new act placing the amount of Senate seats per region based on regional popukation rather than the 15 that every province was assigned prior. The bill is wildly popular in the larger Provinces while the smaller ones feel left out, because they are loosing representation in Parliament. The Freedom Party solidly backs the Senate Reform, authored by the President Zachary Bradham.
Kirlawa Liberals - Inactive
Baltusia Conservatives - Inactive
Rutanian Democratic Party - Inactive
Conservative Party of Luthori - Active

In all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom -- John Locke
CanadianEh

Postby J4C0B65 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:03 pm

The Conservatieve Partij van Laaglanden was formed by leader, Fredrick Widmaier.
Classic Particracy

Parti Conservateur Democratique (Lourenne) - Inactive
Parti Conservateur Democratique (Rildanor) - Inactive
Partido Nacional (Gaduridos) - Inactive
National Conservative Party (Beiteynu) - Inactive
J4C0B65

Postby Arizal1 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:01 pm

The Federalistische Partij in power in Laaglanden

After an unusually tense electoral night, the Laaglanden woke up under a new government. The new Federalistische Partij won the elections in both the Lagerhuis and the Senaat with a very slim majority. The leader of party, visibly as surprised as her opponent, declared that she wanted to serve Laaglanden at the best of her capacity. She didn't detailed her intentions, but promised better tomorows.

OOC : Whut! I just created my party and I ousted the previous one? :mrgreen: Well, all should return in order at the next elections.
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Postby Kubrick » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:13 pm

OOC: While yours is technically correct, the name Federale Partij would probably be better. Same meaning, but shorter and I think a more modern spelling.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Arizal1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Kubrick wrote:OOC: While yours is technically correct, the name Federale Partij would probably be better. Same meaning, but shorter and I think a more modern spelling.

OOC : Isn't "Federalistische" the equivalent of "Federalist" while Federale would mean "Federal"? If my goal is to enforce an ideology called federalism, my name would then be Federalistische. But as a Dutch (I think), you may very well know better than me how those kind of words are understood in your country.
The Social-Liberal Caucus (Ibutho) (Inactive) (Particracy Classic)
Demokrat Konservativen Partei (DKP) (Narikaton and Darnussia) (Particracy Classic)
The Federalistische Partij (Laaglanden) (Particracy Dev)
Arizal1

Postby Kubrick » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Arizal1 wrote:
Kubrick wrote:OOC: While yours is technically correct, the name Federale Partij would probably be better. Same meaning, but shorter and I think a more modern spelling.

OOC : Isn't "Federalistische" the equivalent of "Federalist" while Federale would mean "Federal"? If my goal is to enforce an ideology called federalism, my name would then be Federalistische. But as a Dutch (I think), you may very well know better than me how those kind of words are understood in your country.

That is correct, and I fully agree with you. I did state it was technically correct but that in the Dutch language every party would use Federale, since it is shorter and catchier. I think Federalistische can today be considered 'old-fashioned'. At least I can not remember the last time it was used. The only relevant page in Dutch is the direct translation of the US Federalist Party from the 18th Century :lol:
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Return to Particracy Dev Roleplay (World: Siggon)