Tropican Daily Dispatch

News generated by our Global Role-Play Team, which you can engage with if you choose

Re: Tropican Daily Dispatch

Postby Darkylightytwo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Dark times for Tropica ? Prime minister hit closed doors in Alduria and Kanjor.

Maybe the future for Tropica will be very dark. Recently, the idea of the minister of democracy, Pikake Kane, to create electoral committees that would hand-count the results of the election, was blocked in the national assemble of Tropica. The opposition parties argued that this idea would make the nation look like a dictatorship, which could lead to international sanctions. However, the nations electoral machine where still not remplaced because the governments lack the funds to repairs it, and the ideas to take away funds from healthcare, education, police, or from the electric maintenance program where also blocked by the National assemble of Tropica. Another subject that hang around the air is the incredible power given to the leader of a party, there was multiple to discuss it and many attempt to reform it, but none of them succeeded. The Tropican prime minister tried to ask the nations of Alduria and Kanjor for foreign aid, in order to solve this problem, however both nations refused to give any kind of foreign aid and the representatives of the Seleyan Union have yet to reply to her demands. Meanwhile, tension between parties, especially between the Tribe Union and the Native Satanailist Alliance are very high.

a few comment in reaction to this situation

I must say I am full of compassion for Malina Metua. She is trying to find a solution for a very obvious problem, our broken electoral system. But her friends are more interessed in religions, then in elections and as soon as they, all parties try to pressure her into accepting their politics. Some day, its the friends of animals, then its the NSA, the liberal, the luthoran assemble. Everyone are trying to exploit their position in that coalition to force the prime minister in accepting their politics. life is a hard.
Lalepa Makala, leader of the new democratic party

I'm not certain there is a super future for Tropica. If we continues like this, we are going to embargoed in, for lacking democratic elections, but we are unable to organize any kind of democratic elections. I tried asking two nations, but both of them refused to aid us. I really hate how some nation can just sit on ton of foreign aid.
Malina Metua, Prime minister
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:25 pm

Tropica Solution to the electoral crisis, a new political party.

Malina Metua announced a rather unusual solution to her continued government crisis. She will use public funds to create a political party, the Party of Neutrality, who would have the mission to safeguard the democracy of Tropica and whose members would be granted the right to participate in hand-count ballots. This mean electoral machine would be scrapped or recycled, and the results of the new elections would be hand-counted. The prime Minister assured the journalists that the Party of Neutrality would be able to attract people by offering goods salaries to those who volunteers and that this party would be independant from any of the current parties of the national assemble of Tropica, She also assured the journalists that the people who be handling the ballots in the next generals are going to be neutral.

This mean our next election, when we will able to organize, are going to be handled by neutral individuals. People who will not have any reason to lean toward the communists, the greens, the Labor or the Satanailist, for their only goal is protect the democracy of Tropica. The most common objection we had to hand-count in Tropica, where the possible presence of members of political parties in the processus, and I can assure everyone that members of political parties shall not play any role in the democratic process. The Ballots will not count by a communist, nor by a green or by any other political party member, it shall be counted by an independant organisation. And I took some precaution, for exemple I made sure it would be illegal for members of the party of Neutrality to directly call members of other politicals formation.
Malina Metua, prime minister of Tropica

However, the leader of the Labor denounced this solution
This is a bad plan, What we will see, is that members of political formations will infiltrate the neutral formation, and this will threaten the democracy in Tropica. That's why we used machines to count our ballots, Because Machines can't have any interests in a communist victory or defeat.
Mana Kaia, Labor Leader
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:31 pm

Party of Neutrality disolve after infiltration by other political parties

the prime minister of Tropica has recently decided to disolved the party of Neutrality, after the party was invaded by multiple political members, who brought political reason on the table. This move mean that the nation will be unable to proceed to manual counts, and will be unable to hold new elections. It has already been 11 years since the last general Tropica, and it does not look like the crisis is going to stop. As the leaders of the Tribe Union and the Native Satanailist alliance are still in conflict with each others.

The prime minister of Tropica also announced that this term is going to be her last term as prime minister of Tropica.

Tropica is undergoing a bad political crisis and is becoming extremely hard to manage, it has already been 11 years since we last hold democratic election in our nations, and I don't see how the current situation can evolve. It seem there is only two solution, etheir our country receive foreign aid, or we wait for the old politicians to retire and be remplaced by new and more open politicians. I'm doing everything I can to manage the nation to the best of abilities, but there is a limit to what I am able to do. I found it extremely sad, that the party we created to hold the new elections, was infiltrate by members of others political parties, our election should always be organised by neutral, not political personnal. We are not in a dictatorship where the president can delete the vote of the opposition.
Malina Metua.
Darkylightytwo

Previous

Return to Global News (RP Team)