Tropica

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Tropican Daily Dispatch

Postby Darkylightytwo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Tropica denounce the legalization of Slavery in Telamon.

in the morning of 25 August 4516, the prime minister of Tropica, Malina Metua appeared in front of the press to denounce the legalization of slavery in Telamon, Arguing the nation has elected a terrorist groups as their government. Tropica also learned, that a terrorist who fled the country, Mario Okia was Hiding in Telamo. However, Tropica did not make an official demand for the extradiction of Mario Opiu.

I won't waste my time with theses kind of lunatics, it is obvious that our demand for the extradiction of Mario Okia is going to be rejected, as Mr. Okia is likely going to be viewed as a friend of freedom by the president of Telmona. We can also add that The president of Telamon is nothing then a psychopath who enjoy the suffering of others. This morning, he decide to legalized Slavery and to lower the adult age to 12, so he can have sexual relation with 12 years girls. This kind of behavior is unacceptable, we demand the international communauty to bring their attention on the Evil Regime of Telamon.
Malina Metua
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Tropica shocked by Kanjor

Recently, the new government of Kanjor as proposed to abolish the recent kanjorian monarchy and to enslave everyone used to the etheir the Ecolo-Monarcho Alliance or the Liberal communist alliance. The Prime Minister of Tropica, Malina Metua. has said that her country will accept requests of Political assylum from all citizens of Kanjor who currently fit in this definition. This include former ministers like Leon-KInney Darklight, Arthuria Laframboise-Des Rosiers and etc.

The new Sénat of kanjor has presented law which are inacceptable. it seem them, are Telamon will understand each other quite well as defender of slavery. Our Nation cannot accept, we are going to accept all political refugee from Kanjor, without exception. This especially include all formers members of the Liberal-communists, who are still in Kanjor, and all formers members of the ecolo-Monarchists. Our nation will also used the some of the Money that we receive from the government of Kanjor during its last uear, to compensate them for their losses. We don't really have a military, but we can at least do this. If we need, we'll construct a new City. Let me just say, The decision made by Kanjor cannot be accepted. Slavery is not an acceptable punishment for any crime, even the death penalty is more clement then this, and we are going to take necessary to protect people from Slavery.

When I am talking about slavery, we heard that the government of Kanjor has decided to enslaved prisonner of war. Our Nation does find this acceptable and I have decided to grant political assylum to any war prisonner Kanjor might have. We will also grant the same rights to any consciencous objectors from Kanjor.
Malina Metua

However, this recent move might be challenge for Tropica, as there are still over 70 000 former members of the Liberal communists in Kanjor and around 460 000 former members of the Ecolo-monarcho alliance, who still wonder why their party left and can do nothing but watch in Silence, the new senat of Kanjor abolishing their Monarchy. It is not certain Tropica will have the ressource to Substain the lives of 530 000 Canrillaises speaker from Kanjor. some experts said the move was anormal, and wondered if Alduria or Rildanor could not accept the refugee instead of Tropica, whose population are speaking various languages.
Last edited by Darkylightytwo on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Tropica to head towards new election, how will the new democratic party perform ???

Tropica is about to head into its 12th general election, and two major question are standing before the prime minister, Malina Metua, of the communist party. First is the performance of the new democratic party, it is expected that the new democratic party might still be in the opposition, but no one know how well they are going to perform in the next election. Lalepa Makala said that the party under his direction has nothing to do with the electoral fraud they committed during the 10th general elections, he also said that he does not believe the party will be a great success. here are his comments

I think we are going to have more representatives then the friends of animals, but that is all. I don't expect people to forgive our party for electoral fraud and its perfectly normal. When someone cheat, they should be expected to apy the price, and before I was leader of the party, we must admit that we cheated for no reason. We apparently though we could use the conflict between the Tribe Union and the Native satanailist Alliance to push anti-communism. But it just failed and everyone saw us. We are going to behave properly under the next elections, in order to build a new reputation, but for the next couple of election, I don't expect more then 14 seats. Also, I cannot say that all Anti-communists left my party.
Lalepa Makala

A 2nd big question, is our are the religious tensions going to evolve between the religious parties. the Tribe Unions and the Native Satanailist Alliance generally believe in the same gods, but not the same religion anymore, And the continued Growth of the Satanailist church as well as the recognized of gods newly created, like the goddess of watermelons, brought high tensions between the two parties. It is far from certain that they will be able towork together for long.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Latest Tropican General election saw the rise of the greens

For the first time ever, it appear the communist have lost the general elections of Tropica. The green party of Tropica has elected more representatives the communist, however the political system give the right to the communist to present as candidacy for prime minister in exchange for having to negociate a government that is approved by 75% of the representatives.So far, the party has always presented the candidacy of Malina Metua, who is married with the son of Mark Edward. the Expert are not certain if the green party of Tropica, might take advantage of this opportunity to push their candidacy, or if they are going to play by the system. So far, the green have been an historical ally of the communists. The New Democratic Party was able to elect 12 representatives, becoming the lowest party, just before the friends of animals, who are known for their extreme position on environment, such as enforcing mendatory vegetarianism. Here are a few comments in reaction to the recent election.

Did anything really change ? No, it did not. There is nothing new, the satanailist are still mocking our religion by introducing new gods. Now I heard they have introduce a Goddess of Almonds. I'm pretty certain the deityb discovery program all present the major gods in Tropica, and we don't need to create new gods for the shake of it.
Okiara Topia, Tribe Union Leader of the Opposition

Woah, I guess the people have really no problem with incest, I mean, they voted for a party, lead by a woman who claim to be married with her brother. Guess they have no problem and they are extremely progressive.
Mililani Kaluhiwam, Tropica green party

Things have really changed from the start, because our nation is finally showing that we accept freedom of religion. As far the goddess of Almonds. Humans created gods, and so they have the right to create new gods.
Ikei Keeti, Native satanailist alliance.

Things changed right, those politicians once again forgot the important of developping small region. Once again, Lakeifo have been forgetten by this country politician.
Abegaila Amalu, Naopea Party, league of independant politicians.

Latest elections results
Communist Party of Tropica = 38 Seats
Tropican Green Party = 40 Seats
Native Satanailist Alliance = 31 Seats
Tribe Union = 31 Seats
Luthoran Assemble = 30 Seats
Liberal Club = 21 Seats
Labor Party = 20 Seats
Friends of animal = 8 Seats
New democratic party = 12 seats
The League of independents politicians = 6 seats
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:30 pm

Tropica Overwhelmed by the political assylum demand from Kanjor

The government has recently declare it was overwhelmed by the number of the demand for political assylum from Kanjor and has demanded that the vast majority of theses people to immigrate in Alduria, Rildanor and Mordusia.

Our government is more then happy to accept a few immigrants and give political assylum to protect people from dictatorship. but to 500 000 immigrants, that's way too much, we cannot accept that number. Since Alduria, Rildanor and Mordusia are closer to Kanjor then us, all speak of french and none of them are dictatorship, we encourage the people of the Ecolo-Monarchist alliance to seek freedom and live in one of theses countries, because those sheer vastly exceed our immigration capacity. We are a third-world nation in need of economic development, there are certain limits to what can we accomplish and this is one of them.
Malina Metua Prime minister.

People protest the importation of dirty energy from Temania.

A large crew of people gathered in Tropica City and manifested in front the Tropican National Assemblee their opposition to the importation of dirty energy from Temania.

Are you guys aware what Temania does ? Public execution. !!! Our country should be denouncing such terrible acts and bring this situation to the attention of the international communauty, but instead, but we quietly import dirty energy from that country. This is unacceptable, we are becoming the allies of dictatorship around the world.
Apekaloma Nohealani, organisator of the manifestation.

The government has yet to answer the manifestation, but the prime minister, Malina Metua, said she was extremely confused by this manifestation, saying that's it's been more then 20 years since the country has cut their dependance on temanian energy.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:13 pm

The maple Scandal. Unique Tropica scandal.

The Tropica Daily has recently discovered the government gave funds, subsidies to an entreprises which presented the goal to develop (tropican maple Product). But what set the opposition and the parliament on fire, is that this new entreprises belong to Luke Edwards-Thunder and Nakoa Palea, who are the Husband of Malina Metua, prime minister of Tropica and current leader of the Tropican communist party, and the brother/husband of Mililani Kaluhiwam, leader of the Tropican Green party. Multiple politicians accused the government to give in to low-quality corruption.

What the hell is this ? The far-wast where everyone can open any type of entreprises ? I don't really care about a business trying to operate a maple farm in Tropica, even if it is extremely unusual, since we do not have the climate to grow such a product, but must it be done with the public funds and must it be done by the friends of the leaders of the most important party ? This seem like low quality corruption to me.
Okiara Topia, Opposition leader

The government is profiting from our weakness. Its already extremely weird that we let an entreprises operate a maple farm in Tropica. And now we are going to support that business with public funds. Seem to like the ladies of government are using their political power to give avantages to their husbands, this is extremely scandalous. I though Mark Edwards' political system was supposed to safeguard us against such basis corruption.
Lalepa Makala

The opposition parties have both decided to hold rallies, to protest against the corruption of the government,
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Luke Edwards-Thunder enrage the opposition.

The Maple Scandal has taken another turn as Luke-Edwards-Thunder has explained that he simply wanted to his friends worship her Maple goddess. his comments immediatly drew the attention of the Opposition who accuse him to create a new religion to hide the corruption of the government.

Now that is really a new low. First we state the gods are just imaginary friends created by man, and we insult all people of faith. Second, we create joke gods, like the goddess of watermelon, in order to mock the old tropicans deities. and now we create gods to pass corruption as religious Practices. This is unacceptable and we ask that the government back down on the subvention given to this business. We can't waste the tax payer's money on projects, simply to allow the husband of the prime minister to have some fun.
Okiara Topia, Opposition leader

A large protest was held today, in front of the Parliament, in reaction to the comments of Luke Edwards-Thunder
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:24 pm

Tropica elections held by politics

Tropica non longer can maintain general election every 4 years, according to the minister of democracy, Laka Kalani.

During the last election, the electoral machine brokes and multiples ballot where losts, which forced the minister of democracy to invalidate the results of the impeding elections and renewing the current mandate of all representatives of the national assemble of Tropica for an indeterminate period of time. The communist party of Tropica, tried to pass a resolution to autorize the organisation of a new election, however the attempt was blocked by a majority of representatives of the national assemble of Tropica. Multiple parties, including the Tribe Union, the Luthoran Assemble, the new democratic party, the Labor party and the league of independant politicians, argued that multiple questions should be answered before the country autorize the organisation of a new election. However, the prime minister of Tropica, Malina Metua, has told the population to get ready for elections and that she could use her extraordinary powers to force them.

Comment from differents politicians in reaction to the recents news

A Democracy need elections and we need to hold elections in a regular intervals. I'm open to discussion, but if the others parties cannot understand that elections are vital for our democracy, I will use my powers to force the organisations of new elections.
Malina Metua

The Prime Minister is going way too far. Our first business is not to organise new elections, its to understand what happened during the last elections and why the electoral machine broke. We are all in favor of Democracy, here.
Okiara Topia, Tribe Union Leader of the Opposition

We still need to adopt a project of law to define the rights and the duty of a party leader. we've debatting this and I believe the government might use this electoral crisis to avoid this discussion. Yes, the organisation of Democracy is an important process, but we need to discuss the powers of the party leadership and the roles of the representatives. I doubt people are voting in favor of Yes Robots.
Lalepa Makala, leader of the new democratic party
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Electoral calendar disturbed by high religion tensions.

The lone representative of a party, Kaimalie Naihe, named the Watia party, has introduce a motion that would force the government to recognize gods and deities as imaginary friends created by mankind. While her Motion has receive the approval of the Tropica Green Party and the Native Satanailist Alliance, the Tribe Union and the Luthoran Assemble where insulted by the motion. The Tribe Union also answered by presenting a bill, asking the government to forbid people from presenting abnormal and strange deities, known as the sensible deity preservation act, however the bill did not receive the approval of the Luthoran Assemble. And Finally, the Labor party jumped in the debate by presenting a law that would ban all religions, drawing heavy critics from all parties. We are not certain of how the government of Malina is going to solve this new crisis. But we have presented comments from differents politicians about this situation.

Why can't we people to have their own religious belief. Its like their personnal business. Nobody in this country seem to mind the fact that I'm married with my brother, but everyone make it sound like its end of the world people tries to forge their own religious belief. I really don't understand this, Let us pray to the gods we wants.
Mililani Kaluhiwam, Green Party leader

Everyday its the same thing, our religious belief are being insulted, we are being insulted. Enough is enough. We demand that the government take action on this. Our religious figures are being attacked.Goddess of watermelon, Goddess of Maple... pff. we don't want our religion to become a church where everyone believe only in their own ideology.
Okiara Topia, Tribe Union Leader

I can quite understand that the creation of countless by the non-religious is offensive for some, I found it offensive to reduce the almighty to an imaginary friends, its offensive for all hosians. but theses laws are not the answer. We need to be more tolerant to others
Kalia Makaha-Mitchell, Luthoran assemble leader

From what I seen, during my time as leader of the Labor Party. Religion is just there to cause countless fights. it even caused a fist fight in the parliament. Look, how about we just ban all religions. that's a simple law that make no discrimination between Tropicanism, Luthoranism, Satanailism or minorities religion, We just ban all of them. without religion, we would be able to be a fonctionnal assemble. Religion is just a mental sickness anyway.
Mana Kaia

However, the prime minister of Tropica, was not in the country to answer our question, her aid say that she is travelling to the nation of Kanjor and Alduria to demand financial aid.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Tropica could missed another election.

It has 7 years since the nations was able to hold democratic election, and the minister of democracy said to journalist of the Tropica Press agency, that the government would not able to organise the next elections, due time restriction and monetary restriction.

I am deeply sorry for what I am going to say, but we are not going to hold elections in the next years, our electoral machine still do not, and unless I allow a manual count where only the members of the communists party would count the ballot, holding a new election is impossible. Also, I might add that if we ever proceed this way, our nation would described as an evil dictatorship and embargoed, and we do not have the luxe to face an embargo, nor do we have the luxe to embark ourselves in any kind of conflict. This is why, I have choosen to simply no hold any election, until we are able to buy and install a new set of electoral machines.
Pikake Kane, minister of Democracy
Darkylightytwo

PreviousNext

Return to National News