Tropica

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: Tropican Daily Dispatch

Postby Reddy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Kamehameha Declares "Autonomy"
April 4373

Tropica's southern island Kamehameha is the scene of a new twist to the ongoing Tropican political crisis. 174 out 231 Matai (tribal chieftains) signed a "Declaration of Autonomy" which rather ambiguously declared Kamehameha to be a "Tropican nation-state" Kamehameha has become somewhat lawless with the central government's reach tenuous. The chiefs were outraged at the central government's "failure to protect the citizens captured by Hawu along with Tropica's territorial integrity" Foreign intelligence agenices have long claimed that these chiefs and their local administration are heavily involved in piracy and often shelter, encourage and fund piracy ventures in the Odufart Sea. The chiefs are now focusing on creating a "national administration" for Kamehameha.

A group of Kamehameha Matai

The central government has dismissed the declaration as illegal and called on the chiefs to desist from their treason. It remains a caretaker government, Tropica now having gone three years without a national government. Parliament remains divided and a motion to condemn the declaration failed to pass in the lower house while the chieftain dominated upper house refused to schedule a vote completely. Aldegar, a nation heavily interested in the stability of the eastern sea lanes, has called on Terra to unite and "put Tropica back together again"
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby lewiselder1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:20 am

I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Batman337 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Independent Consul Party- Inactive

Voronan National People's Party- Inactive

Reformist Party- Inactive

HNHP- Active
Batman337

Postby Reddy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:16 am

Zero Response From Tropican Government
August 4378

Tropica's embattled caretaker government has failed to issue any statement or carry out any action to counter the Medinese actions in Kamehameha or comment on Temania's border closing. Reaching a new low, caretaker Prime Minister Toke Metua Jr refused to comment whatsoever. It was revealed in the Tropica Daily Sun last week that Tropica retains an army of just 800 men and it is already struggling heavily to keep control of Whale Island (the main one) There's little hope of the hopelessly divided Parliament uniting enough to introduce conscription or fund any kind of increment to the defence budget.

It is only in the security establishment where there appears to be any concern over the country's apparent disintegration. Sources in the Army high command reveal that army chiefs are deeply distressed over the ongoing chaos and only a few weeks ago, Army Chief of Staff Gen. Palua Maio pleaded to Parliament's Defence and Security Committee for more funding and a solution to the political crisis which has gripped the nation since 4355.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 pm

I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:47 pm

lewiselder1

Postby General.M » Thu May 10, 2018 10:20 am

Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby lewiselder1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 am

lewiselder1

Postby Darkylightytwo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Communist government elected in tropica.

In, August 4476, the election aftermath gave place to the reformation of a communist government. The recently formed communist party of Tropica was able to elected 23 deputes, way less then Spiritual Party who elected 43 deputes, but following negotiation with others parties such as the feminist party who had 13, the pirate who had 12, the greens who had 11 and the tourism coalition, who had 9, the communist party of Tropica was able to nominate Mark Edwards as the new prime minister of Tropica. The new government confirm that its main interest was to solidify the tourism industry, who over time became the main economic activity in Tropica.

We're not going to hide anything, we have a lot of work in front of us, We need to develop our energy sectors, we need to solidify our tourism industries. And we also want to liberalize the values of the country, we would like to build a country, where people are free to live their own lives without inferences from the government or from other person, but it is also vital that we respect the main beliefs of the Tropican people. Our first obstacle right, is that we don't have a list of deities the people believe, so our government will begin working on that.

Mark Edwards, Prime minister of Tropica

OOC
Tropica news in the future
Politics = Tropica Daily
Religion = Tropica Spiritual News
Economics = Tropican Economics
Last edited by Darkylightytwo on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Darkylightytwo

Postby Darkylightytwo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Tropican Deities discovery Program : Today, Maxia the goddess of Fire And Safiosina Goddess of sea

Today, We are going to speak about one of the gods the indigenous population still believe in, despite Luthoran Colonization and attempt by the Luthoran to erase all heathens deities. Today we are going to speak about Maxia, the goddess of fire. Locals may define her as the goddess who shape the sacred land, the earth-eating woman. The locals believe that as she journey through the lava flows of the earth, Maxia tend to raise the land and give birth to islands or tend to disrupt the earth, giving birth to earthquakes. They believe she shaped Tropica. She is known for being the goddess of Volcanoes, Power, Jealousy and capriciousness. The Legend say that Maxia tend to navigate around the sea of Terra and tried to create fire on multiple islands, however she was chased by her sister Safiosina. In the end, both sister found on the tropican mountain, Maxia felled in the Volcano, while Safiosina felled into the sea. Meanwhile, Safiosina is credited by the locals for controlling the marines current across Terra. Today, Maxia and Safiosina are most popular deities in Tropica.

Tropica god list (Work in progress)
Major Deities : Mane the creator - (Inspired by Kane), Danic the first wive-- (mother of Tassia), Tassia The great Mother(inspired by Haumea and inspired by Papahānaumoku), Poya goddess of death (Inspired by Kanaloa, Hine-nui-te-pō and Whiro )
other Deities : Maxia goddess of fire (Inspired by Pele), Safiosina goddess of the sea (inspired by Namaka), Micia goddess of Rain (inspired by Lono), Arkia Goddess of Storm (inspired by Tāwhirimātea), Tukio god of wind (inspired by Pakaa and Ara Tiotio ), Jercilia goddess of Fertility (inspired by Lakia), Luvia Goddess of war and love (inspired by Maru), Amura god of war and love (inspired by Maru), Kofio trickster god- (inspired by Kaulu), Tianga Goddess of seduction (inspired by Hiʻiaka), Nihama Goddess of the Moon (Inspired by Hina), Kumalu'hele god of the forest (inspired by (Tuna), Kahe, God of Flood (inspired by Hinakuluiau), Kaniu goddess of coconuts (inspired by Hina), Kalani God of Mirage (Inspired by Arohirohi), Rivia Star God (Inspired by Rehua), Frazia goddess of snow (Inspired by Poliʻahu), Kicia Goddess of Milk(inspired by Nuakea), Slirio Gods of spirits (inspired by Milu), Kau Sun God (inspired by Tama-nui-te-rā), Kauwela-Wahine Summer Lady (inspired by Hineraumati), Kahoilo-Wahine, the winter lady (inspired by Hinetakurua), Mokuna the sky god (inspired by Wakea), Moana the Ocean god (inspired by Kiwa), Liziau Lizard Goddess (inspired by Kalamainu'u, and Tu-te-wehiwehi), Keannu Rainbow God (Inspired by Uenuku), Fugia Mist Goddess (inspired by Hine-pūkohu-rangi), Naopea Goddess of Bats (inspired by Leutogi), Mixia goddess of Love (inspired by Laka), Pokol god of Luck and blessing (inspired by Tamalafafa), Tolioa , god of thieves (inspired by Tolioatua)
Spirits : Kaliff Peace Spirit,

In red : theses gods are considered Dead by the Tropican
In Blue : These gods are still worshipped
Pink : This goddess is considered as both dead and alive, because she is death itself.
in Green : this gods are Known, but they are not subjects of active worship.

Explaination : the gods are not identical image of their counter part in Polynesyan cultures. They are simply inspired by the gods in the differents cultures.
Last edited by Darkylightytwo on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Darkylightytwo

PreviousNext

Return to National News