Medina

National news threads that host the key national news outlets for each of the game’s countries.

Re: The Medina Courier

Postby Luis1p » Thu May 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Luis1p

Postby cm9777 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:42 am

cm9777

Postby Yolo04 » Sat May 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Dankuk Sends Military Advisors to Medina
Today the Ministry of Defense has announced that they will send military advisors and generals to the Medinan government. The Dankuk government will also send several tanks and AFV’s to the Medinan Armed Forces.
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby General.M » Sat May 05, 2018 12:57 pm

Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby General.M » Sat May 05, 2018 8:00 pm

General.M

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Azeez Falls Back, But Puts Up Deadly Resistance

The stealthy Lourennais strategy, which seems to be designed to work around Azeez skill on the open battlefield, has caused some major issues for the Medinese military despite some early gains on the enemy. Despite attempts by Azeez to adapt his tactics, the army is still unable to work as effectively as it had previously.

Last week the Sultan ordered a retreat, despite some reported resistance from Azeez. Still, Azeez has managed to turn the retreat into an act of deadly resistance.

First, the army has laid several minefields, as the enemy found out yesterday when a stray unit found itself walking straight into Azeez’s vicious trap. Meanwhile, militia units behind enemy lines have been activated, with enemy supply lines being troubled by theft, sabotage, and in some cases even poisonings and killings! While many militia units have been caught or killed, one must remember that these are amongst the earliest recruits and the more efficient recruitment method recently introduced had not yet been put in place. Still, the chaos caused by this will surely slow and weaken the enemy assault and, if Azeez is lucky, might even open up a weakness in the enemy lines ready for Azeez to strike once again...

Meanwhile, the 300 new Istapalian elite troops have, despite being used sparingly, been delivering precise cutting attacks to the enemy lines in yet another attempt to drive up enemy casualities and delay the conclusion of the war. It seems a new battle of attrition tactic is being utilised in an attempt to make continued war unfeasible for the enemy, who has already lost thousands, but will it work?

Rebellion in Tropica!

After confederate forces recently stormed the Tropican capital, imprisoning King Kaleel, all while the majority of the tropican army is trapped on Medinese soil defending the south, it could not be expected that the populace — who did not resist too strongly as the invasion horn underway — would merely accept their new government without argument.

Medina invaded Tropica after an elongated period of chaos and anarchy in the country, re-unified it, modernised it, and out a popular and intelligent monarch on the throne. He was so popular the people even voted in massive numbers to give up all parliamentary process and give Kaleel complete power after Parliament struggled to reach a decision and Kaleel was forced to step in one too many times.

With the Empire bringing military reform and plenty economic benefits, it seemed that Medinese nationalism had spread to Tropica, with many identifying more with the Medinese Empire than Tropica itself!

Now that nationalism has fanned the flames of rebellion, as what few remaining troops and together with the people tocformed a large armed resistance in the relatively undefended east. Meanwhile, citizens in the capital have been protesting en made, with thousands rioting last week after weeks of protest.

How will the confederacy respond? Sultan Zaafir II has already implored the enemy to release Kaleel, who the people demand be placed back on the throne. But is this a strategical step they couldn’t risk taking, or would Tropican neutrality be an acceptable price for continuing Medinese influence in the apparent stronghold of Tropica?

More as it happens.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby lewiselder1 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:56 pm

OOC: From around Friday onwards General.M will likely be taking over most of the posts for Medina. While I will be monitoring things from behind the scenes and guiding it where necessary, and indeed technically maintain control of Medina, General.M will be taking over the RP for the moment as I’m particularly busy. I might pop back for the big finale or something. Worth noting nonetheless!
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby General.M » Thu May 10, 2018 10:18 am

King Kaleel released, his supporters are urged to leave east island
The transport plane which carried king Kaleel to the west island

Tropica, December 4390 - With the recent rebbelions in Tropica, the Confederation needed to do something to please the population. With the war in Medina slowly continuing, the Confederation couldn't deploy more troops in Tropica and leave the Medinese front with less troops. King Kaleel has been released by the Confederal troops, but instead of putting him back on the throne, he has been deported to the smaller west island. And his supporters are urged to follow him, while the Confederation places a Tropican Republic back in place, which ofcourse supports the Confederal war plans.

The Confederation is not interested in the control of the west island, it has more important things to do in Medina. But to secure the Tropican Republic, the Confederation forbids any military buildup from the Tropican Kingdom. If they do, the Confederal navy will bomb the hell out of it, according to an anonimous source. All military facilities have already been destroyed by the Confederal cruise missiles. The military command, which was also captured in the landing, has not been released. They are held in custody for their efforts against the Confederal military campaign.

While the Tropican issue is resolved, the fight in Medina continues. Slowly the allied forces are advancing to the capital. Lourrenias and Talmorian forces are advancing in the coastal urban west, while Confederal mountain troops are advancing in the mountains in the east. With Azeez now putting everything together to defend the country, casualties are increasing. But there is almost no turning back and Azeez is also reinforcing the capital while he holds the allied troops back.
General.M

Postby Luis1p » Sat May 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Luis1p

Postby Alexandrox » Sat May 12, 2018 4:03 pm

Alexandrox
Leader of the Progressive Republican Party of Talmoria
Alexandrox

PreviousNext

Return to National News