9th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Leonidas II » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 pm

Honourable members of the General Assembly,

I would like to inform the Assembly that the Confederația Noului Endralon, Kizenia și Kuzaki is about to ratify the embargo against Vorona for its legalisation of slavery. Slavery is the remainder of hundreds of years of opression and dark periods of fascism. It is deplorable that some nations did not learn from history, leaving them not civilised enough to condemn such violations of human rights. The Confederation is against all forms of human opression and therewith encourages all nations to uphold an embargo against Verona until these disgusting deeds stop and are fully repaid to the victims. As the famous Kizenian writer Davic Rikaciu once said: ''Where slavery is, there liberty cannot be; and where liberty is, there slavery cannot be.''

Thank you for your time and attention,
- Vittor Sanescu, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Confederation, as representative of the government of the Confederația Noului Endralon, Kizenia și Kuzaki.
Leonidas II

Postby Cirith » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:39 pm

James Stinson, Foreign Secretary of Luthori and Deputy Leader of the Royal Conservative Party via video link;

President von Thaller, Luthori is not trying to peddle Imperialism, we are not interested in expansion or colonialism, merely international peace and prosperity. We have no influence on Beiteynu or their domestic issues, we merely stand by the Security Council resolutions that condemn and oppose slavery or the trade in slaves. Beiteynu and Vorona are flaunting these resolutions, allowing their own people to be enslaved, and the nation has no protections in place to stop Luthorians or any others from being enslaved within their borders. It is unacceptable and we will oppose it.

Ambassador Amphion, an excellent point. No Government should have the 'democratic' right to enslave people, whether elected by the people or not.

Ambassador Pellegrini, we do not mean to belittle Istalia, we are making a general comment about us all, that is why I apologised, we ALL missed this and failed to Act, since 4204. Not Istalia alone, not Luthori alone, but the entire World Congress and numerous Security Councils.

Minister Sanescu, this is excellent news from the Confederația Noului Endralon, Kizenia și Kuzaki, I have instructed the Luthori Foreign Office to look to ratify the Embargo as well (http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3794)

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not about the past, this is about the present. There are people in Terra being enslaved. There are people in Terra being sold. There are people in Terra becoming slaves as a perverse form of punishment. Either this World Congress stands against it and acts, or this World Congress becomes defunct.
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby lewiselder1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:51 pm

I would simply like to inform the World Congress that we fully support restrictions on slave-trading nations and that I have instructed the Foreign Office to consider ratification of the Embargo of Vorona. ( http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3794 ). We must not allow any nation to get away with openly enslaving human life in any situation, be it in war, trade or other situations.

Thank you.

Alexander Feigenbaum
Bundeskanzler (Prime Minister) for Bundesrepublik Narikaton und Darnussia
Liberale Partei Leader
Via Video Link
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Axxell » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Giorgia Pellegrini, Istalian Ambassador:

Yes, all of us failed, we agreed on this and we agreed on all the rest, it's time to act.

And my Government want inform you that also Istalia is ready to ratify the embargo against Vorona.

Finalky, Mr Feigenbaum, just a suggestion: the Government of Narikaton and Darnussia should concord on the declaration made by its highest institutions...
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Cirith » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:13 pm

James Stinson, Foreign Secretary of Luthori and Deputy Leader of the Royal Conservative Party via video link;

Louise Dougall, the Luthori Ambassador to the Security Council , has been made aware that the Yeudish Republic of Beiteynu has moved the Abolition of unjustified punishments Act, which would outlaw the slave trade and slavery altogether. Provided this Act passes, which it is currently set to do, the Luthori Delegation has amended the proposed Resolution to the Security Council, to omit any mention of the Yeudish Republic of Beiteynu.

May I take this time to welcome this news, and to thank President Amram Reinhartz, Prime Minster Gilon Dienesman and the entire Knesset of the Yeudish Republic of Beiteynu for acting on this vitally important matter.

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby Axxell » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:34 pm

***Istalian delegation plaud the news***
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Aethan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am

Cynthia Amphion

Icarus Mavros, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Res Publica Seleuciae, has proposed the treaty ratification to its Senate. We expect the coalition government to ratify it, In Marea-Civis Sinistram has already voted for it. We also expect Partis Nationalisti to oppose, but it should not be a problem.

In other terms, I want to raise concern about the recent thoughts that are raising in Selucia about the Security Council. Different groups and associations are feeling like it is not useful and that it does not come with fast and effective solutions to the gobal problems, and are demanding the abstention of our nation in all the voting seats. The number of Selucians with those feelings are growing, according to our most recent research.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Re: General Assembly Session VIII (4219-4234)

Postby Cirith » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Ambassador Amphion, we welcome Selucia's involvement in the embargo. I understand your concerns about the Security Council, but know that 4 of the 5 members have moved on the Vorona matter already, and we have passed a Resolution on the matter. Only Dorvik failed to participate in the Council. I agree that it needs to do better to justify its existence, I urge anyone to come to a member of the Security Council if they feel their is an issue they want raising, I can guarantee the Luthori Ambassador will raise them all for debate.

Player since 2700!

Cirith

Postby Mbites » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:05 am

Uther von Gotha

Honorable ladies and gentlemen of the General Assembly, first of all I have to sincerely apologize for the emotional speech of our president. He is rather indignant when speaking about the past and Luthori especially. Of course we have to agree, as the Leader of the Thalleristische Einheitspartei, I state this once and for all. Slavery has no place in the world,
not in Narikaton, not in Beiteynu and not in Vorona! This is why we of course supported the Embargo against Vorona. We want to pay our debts we owe to the Luthorian population.
Because strong and proud nationalists have to stand for their actions, as a Narikatonite I apologise for all of the wrongs the former Fascist parties of the Reich did to your People Mr.
Stinson. Nobody deserves treatment like that, nobody does not matter if it is a Luthorian, Darnussian, Istalian, Beiteynian or Voronian. Never let slavers have the markets!
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Re: General Assembly Session VIII (4219-4234)

Postby Cirith » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Resolution 22 has passed the Security Council.

The Security Council,

RECALLING its previous Resolutions, in particular Resolution 3 and Resolution 8,

RE-AFFIRMING that the Security Council of the World Congress recognises that slavery and the slave trade are inherently evil crimes which are to be utterly condemned,

RECOGNISING that the Security Council of the World Congress officially condemns all form of slavery and the slave trade as crimes against humanity,

Does hereby condemn the Grand Duchy of Vorona.

Does hereby demand that the Government of the Grand Duchy of Vorona immediately release all people within their jurisdiction from illegal bondage, demands that enslaved persons or their heirs be compensated and demands that the government of said nation immediately implement statutory overhauls to eradicate the culture of slavery and all its attendant crimes and customs from their society.

In pursuance of this Resolution, the Security Council does name Giorgia Pellegrini, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress, as the Security Council Rapporteur to the Grand Duchy of Vorona. The Rapporteur will oversee the implementation of the Resolution and report back to the Security Council on a regular basis.

If, within 2 years, the Grand Duchy of Vorona has moved to enact this Resolution in full, the Rapporteur may propose a complete lifting of all sanctions and a repeal of the condemnation applied. If the Government of the Grand Duchy of Vorona fails to act, the Security Council shall review further options.

I am pleased to see that 4 nations have ratified the Embargo, and there are a further 7 nations moving to ratify the Embargo. It is imperative we move against slavery in Vorona, and apply pressure to the Government there. We can confirm that Louise Dougall, the Luthori Ambassador to the Security Council, has been in contact with the Merela democratic Party .

The Security Council would welcome the recommendation of any issues or concerns that delegates wish to see us discuss. I am currently looking at raising concerns on the situation between the Free State of Malivia and the Bundesrepublik Narikaton und Darnussia.

Player since 2700!

Cirith

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive