9th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby abcxyz123 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Harold Millar, Solentian Ambassador to the General Assembly
Istalia is now in direct violation of their Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Protection with Vorona.
SUN - Solentian Social Republic - Active
abcxyz123

Postby abcxyz123 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Harold Millar, Solentian Ambassador to the General Assembly:
In addition, Baltusia is in gross violation of the international Brahms Accord of which Vorona is also a member state. Under this agreement, Baltusia and Istalia have committed an act of war against the Accord's coalition, as has any nation enacting this embargo.

These documents detailing the terms of these agreements show complete disregard for international law and a severe breach of trust among sovereign nations by Istalia and Baltusia, have been submitted to the General Assembly by the Solentian delegation:

Treaty of friendship,cooperation and mutual protection between the Repubblica Istaliana and Horellia(Vorona)

http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3409

Brahms Accord
http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3752

We also request an investigation as to whether Baltusia violated an additional treaty of which they are a co-signer with Vorona:

CSCO International Affairs Diplomatic Protocol
http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3094
Last edited by abcxyz123 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcxyz123

Postby Axxell » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Giorgia Pellegrini, Istalian Ambassador:

We can respond to the Solentian representative that Lex posterior derogat priori. And then this treaty is almost 170 years old, a withdrawn would be just a formality, but if this could tranquilize Solentia I can ask to my Government to accomplish with this formality. Thank you for your technical assistance.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby abcxyz123 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:14 pm

In regards to the Istalian ambassador's flippant response, Lex posterior derogat priori applies when BOTH nations are parties to the new agreement.

A law that is well on in age does not in itself negate the law. Shall all parties to the international Law of the Sea disregard maritime law and respect of other nations' coastal waters simply because it is over 2 millenia old?

Istalia's intention to withdraw now from the original agreement is an obvious admission of culpability to the entire Assembly. We can not let certain nations play fast and loose with treaties they have with weaker nations just because they feel they are above the law.

Ambassador Pellegrini, Istalia is not above the law!
abcxyz123

Postby Maxington » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:41 pm

Ellinor Ketelsen, Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Kazulia to the World Congress General Assembly.

Baltusia does not breach any provisions established within the CSCO International Affairs Diplomatic Protocol. The CSCO International Affairs Diplomatic Protocol establishes diplomatic relations between the signatory nations. Within its provisions there is no article nor section outlining an asymmetrical response in the event that a signatory nation were to imposed sanctions, embargoes or a blockade on other signatory nations. It is clear that diplomatic and political discussion with respect to this issue has failed, meaning that Article III does not apply.

With respect to the Brahms Accord, Baltusia has breached Article 3.3, which stated that signatory nations are prohibited from restricting the importation and exportation of goods and services between each other. Nevertheless, there is a no article outlining an asymmetrical response in the event that a signatory nation breaches a provision within the accord.

With respect to Istalia's trade agreement with Vorona, it is at both nations' discretion to leave the agreement. It is irrational for the Solentian representative to make the wide assumption that Istalia has left the agreement out of guilt. Recognising the fact that the nation has imposed an embargo, a functional trade agreement between the two nations (who have cut trade and diplomatic ties) would be nonsensical and a complete waste. It is recommended that the Solentian representative and other representatives refrain from making exuberant claims and assumptions whilst in this already intense situation.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby abcxyz123 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:21 am

We thank the respected ambassador from Kazulia for responding.

Article IV of the CSCO International Affairs Diplomatic Protocol states: "Signatories of this treaty shall commit to attempt to resolve issues through diplomacy and political discussion."

We question whether one attempt by the Baltusian delegation to contact a government is sufficient to satisfy the terms of the above article. We also question whether it is fair. legal, and humane to starve the citizens of a nation into submission to impose domestic policy without first pursuing all forms of mutual diplomatic and political discussion with their government.

We have confirmed Baltusia is in violation of Article 3.3 of the Brahms Accord. We also see a violation of 3.1 and also of 3.6 since this embargo is clearly an illegal activity.

If there was no question of Istalia violating their agreements with other nations, there indeed would be no reason for them to cut ties after the fact.
Last edited by abcxyz123 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
abcxyz123

Postby Maxington » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:43 am

Ellinor Ketelsen, Permanent Representative of the Kingdom of Kazulia to the World Congress General Assembly.

As stated, it is irrational to make assumptions in a diplomatic situation. I am sure that the Baltusian representative and the various nations will confirm as to whether diplomatic contact with the government of Vorona was established and a diplomatic resolution to the issue was attempted. A diplomatic resolution could have been proposed once, nevertheless, it was still proposed, thus making it better than walking into these discussion when a diplomatic resolution was not even attempted.

This is what an embargo entails. The nations who have come forth in ratification and agreement with the resolution proposed to support the embargo, act on the premise that the government of Vorona does not intend on improving its labour situation with respect to slavery and the slave trade (which it supports). I believe that the government of Vorona was in fact aware of an asymmetrical response when they adopted the policy thus allowing slavery and the slave trade to be legal within the nation.

I believe that the Solentian ambassador is swimming within a pool of hypocrisy. Solentia is a still a signatory nation of the Koeistad Pact, an alliance which has been known internationally to support the ideologies and policies of the Yeudish Republic and the Saridani Republic (two nations known for their gross and inhumane violation of international humanitarian laws and protocols). In fact Solentia is a founding nation of this xenophobic, slavery-sponsoring, oppression-spewing alliance. The Solentian Ambassador cannot champion the cause of supporting freedom, egalitarianism and fair mindedness whilst it is a founding member of an alliance whose practical objective has been to support dissidence and sponsor humanitarian violations.

Mr. Ambassador, I hope that you cease your fuelling of this grand facade that you are attempting to push for fair reasoning whilst ignoring the humanitarian violations being executed by the government in Vorona. I hope that you do not express the comments and mentalities being pedalled by the Koeistad Pact, however, seeing that your nation is a founding member, i believe you could not resist peddling its oppressive agenda.
Maxington

Postby abcxyz123 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:00 am

Is it not an assumption to take literally the words of the Baltusian delegation whom stated specifically they made one attempt.

"I believe that the government of Vorona were aware of the asymmetrical response when they adopted the policy allowing slavery and the slave trade to be legal within the nation." You assume this, Mr. Ambassador.

If having any sort of relations with those nations is a fault, you are faulting countless other nations. The Koeistad Pact contains no articles endorsing xenophobia, slavery, or oppression. Can the respected ambassador name just one? The Pact was formed to protect nations from the overzealous actions of some members of the Security Council who disregard treaties, law, and national sovereignty to starve other nations into submission. The only ideologies required of a Pact nation are stipulated in Article X: "monarchism, conservatism, or centrism."

It is clear by your words that even nations (Saridan and Yeudish Republic) who have reformed their policies are still held in contempt. And you question why some nations are deeply skeptical of some members of the Security Council?

Mr. Ambassador, you confirmed Baltusia violated their treaty. If this is a facade, you are indeed a co-conspirator.
abcxyz123

Postby Maxington » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:27 am

To believe is to have confidence in one's thoughts and actions. And I "believe" that you are taking my statement out of proportion. Correction, I am a woman, not a man (OOC: You address her as Mr. Ambassador). Yes, I am faulting countless nations for supporting a country which has made it umbrella objective to obtain a homogeneous state through the genocide and oppression of various minority groups. Although Saridan has reformed its policy with respect to this, it was made clear by the incumbent government of the Yeudish Republic that they intend on rolling back on the changes made. This means that the Yeudish Republic will continue to endorse humanitarian violence and continue to execute its gross campaign against minorities.

The fact that your government has not come out and openly condemned the actions of one your signatory nations is confirmation that you do not intend to see an improvement in humanitarianism within your own region. The fact that you allow the Yeudish Republic to execute its crusade against ethnic groups under the cover of this Pact, is confirmation that your nation does not intend on upholding the democratic principles which its "supposedly" upholds. The Koeistad Pact does not uphold the values of conservatism, monarchism nor centrism. It instead protects and attempts to justify the actions perpetrated by its members. But i digress, the umbrella discussion should and will remain about the current situation with respect to the Voronan government and its humanitarian violations.

I shall leave this discussion pertaining to the Koeistad Pact for another time. I hope that the various nations gathered, continue these discussions on a basis of fair mindedness and intellectual purity.

Ellinor Ketelsen leaves the discussion room with her diplomatic staff in tow. (OOC: I had to pull her out, we are supposed to start early elections soon and i don't know whether i'll get re-elected. abc, don't even think about trying to turn this into making it seem as though Ellinor gave up.
Maxington

Postby stuntmonkey » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:15 am

Isobella Descartes, Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress:

To clarify, both former President Kramer and former Foreign Secretary Hurt made several attempts to engage with Vorona. After no response on any occasion it was President Kramer who personally drew up the embargo treaty, which was approved by our Congress.

As for Brahms we were contacted several years prior to this by the author to tell us it was a dead treaty. We therefore believe there has been no breach of terms. However, if some representatives here believe we are in the wrong for making a stand against slavery, then I think they need to take a long hard look at themselves.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive