2nd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Axxell » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:56 am

Giovanni Paolo Fulgi, the Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress addresses the General Assembly:

Mrs Montreal,
in this case, The Istalian delegation feels compelled to answer to your positions against the reactions of Telamon and other nations that show their rejecting positions against Saridan.
Also Kalistan, as well as Istalia and other nations during the crisis at the time of the Ameliorate Republic made all the possible efforts to contrast the obscurantism and irrational theocratic government and most of us expressed their disponibility "to do anything in their power to stop" the perpetuation of similar policy.
What audacity could the Kalistani delegation be having to condamn similar reactions, in response of explicit military threats expressed by Saridan against Telamon?
For the fanciful mind of Mrs Montreal, how other nations have to response to an explicit military threat against a nation that could not defend itself? Let's facing the reality, the flowers never really resolved anything!
But, more important: where and when Telamonia expressed its intention to proceed with military actions? Until now not even the Saridanese Government showed us an explicit threat of military actions from the Telamonian Government (that in fact it could not reach to violate the coasts of Saridan).
Verbal denounces and verbal actions are not at all comparable with any military actions and all the nations of this world have the inviolable right to express all their concerns and all their positions toward the world as well as toward any other nation!
If we do not recognize this right and we are ready to condamn also the free expression... so, let's begin to break down also this institution if we have to have fear to "hurt the sentiment of other nations"!
We think that Kalistan could not express condamn because the denounce of Telamonia and about its statement 'to do anything in its power": must it necessarily mean military actions? Or we want apply form of censorship in what can or cannot declare world's nations and their governments? As well as Istalia and also Kalistan denounced at time the horror of the theocratic regime in Saridan, Telamon denounced the re-introduction of racial and segregational policies under the current extremely conservative government.
As well as Istalia and Kalistan moved concerned about the fate of thousands and thousands, if not millions, of saridanese citizens, also Telamonia was aimed by the same sentiment.
Why Telamonia can't express their concerns and they rejection of this barbaric policies? Why Telamonia could not start a diplomatic campaign to denounce all this and to raise awareness? Because its only a weak nations which should not meddle in the affairs of "big"? Or because it must to have fear of the reaction of more powerful nations because their principles?
We have to stop to promote this idea that a nation that want partecipate on the international stage shall not to be influenced by the international stage. It's something that do not exist in the reality of the geopolitical! A nation that want exit by its isolation will have always to face the international responses for external as well as internal legislation! ALWAYS! It's false the fancy story about a total hermetic sealing of the internal affairs than the foreign affairs.
They want build international relationships? They must to be ready to receive criticisms as well as rejections and refuses also for their internal policies. They want trade with other nations? They want establish friendly relationships with other nations? Well, they shall be ready to face the oppositions also for their internal affairs.

It's for this reason that my Nation currently are facing a serious crisis with our most close ally, the Democratic Republic of Solentia, that declared itself ready to support military Saridan in case of attack, among other attributing to Telamonia the risk of a first attack when the only one to talk of military actions was Saridan.
For our own interests we would have been forced to ignore all the situation in order to preserve good relations with Solentia, but Istalia can not put similar interests before of other people's lives, also if these life are located thousands of kilometers away.
we are ready also to put at risk our own interests to respect the word given during all the previous campaigns for the security council: we will continue to do all we can to promote and to protect the rights of every human being regardless of the nation of origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, political beliefs, etc...
And this is what we are doing!
Finally, as assured in the Security Council, we are the first to intervene to calm the most excessive reaction of some of those that supported us and Telamonia, and in fact you can read this here, but we don't want condamn the ardor and the courage of these nations that are ready also to sacrifice their brave men to protect the most vulnerable and the oppressed all over the world! They are not imperialistic or neo-colonial intentions to push this nations to show their resolution against these human abuses! For noble causes many in the past took up arms against these violation, against the tyranny, agaist the opprossion, against the principle for which exist more worthy people than others.
We do not want limit the rights of the people! We want protect them and their rights! It's very different to want ban something than to want allow something!
You have to understand very well that we are not even worried about to limit the power of other governments, because the governments SHALL have limit toward their citizens! This is one of the most foundamental principles that a civilized nation have to respect to be consider civilized and worthy of international respect!
Other nations in the past decided to put in danger the lives of their brave men to reaffirm that all the men, of all the world, born equal in dignity and rights!
We will always be pushing because all the ways of diplomacy are exploited, but we declared to you that for a noble causes we are ready, and apparently togheter with other nations, to affords also the most extreme solutions. Because the life of the oppressed can not always wait for the cuteness and educated way of the diplomacy.
This organization have to declared cleary their positions! What principles we want share here? What ideals? We want only create a living room to debate for months or years while people are dying, suffering and continues to be oppressed? Or we just want to discuss of trade and cultural exchanges? If this organization does not have the courage to take sides in case of conflict between two or more nations, what should we do? Assist to the exchange of insults and then let the nations involved finally solve their problems as they see fit?
Istalia take a side, as this organization made once time, and we supported this choice as well as many other nations! Condamn the disproportionate reaction of Saridan to defend their ignoble internal policies.

Thank you
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Aethan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:36 am

In case of an attack to the principles of liberty and democracy to Telamonia, the Regnum the Selucia announces its support with the kind of assistance necessary to ensure that these principles are not violated by Saridan

Ajax Apostolos,
Selucian Ambassador to the World Congress
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:41 am

Eleanora Montreal, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council responds to the discussion thus far:
Please understand, my Honourable Friend, that I do not try to suggest for a moment that Saridan is innocent of blame nor that I support the way in which they govern themselves. Saridan, as I have made clear, is the most prolific abuser of human rights on Terra and deserves nothing but condemnation for that.

Nonetheless, many nations here- including Istalia- have ignored the role that Telamon played in escalating, and in my view beginning, this situation. The statement which I referenced; 'The Republic Of Telamonia will do anything in its power to stop the racist government of Saridan' should be considered an act of aggression. If such a statement was made in the National Assembly of Kalistan, I would consider it a breach of our sovereignty! While everybody agrees that Saridan must be stopped and that they are behaving aggressively and immorally, that doesn't mean we turn a blind eye to Telamon's actions.

Aside from this current crisis, Telamon itself has a history of human rights abuse: it has been both a fascist state and a theocracy in the past century! Even today, it continues to practice capital punishment. Let's not make this nation out to be the innocent darling of the international community! I do not contest that any nation should be able to freely criticise another but criticism and outright threats are totally different things!

Finally, I would like to ask the representative from Kanjor to reconsider their decision to prevent travel from Saridan to their nation. Consider who those leaving Saridan are likely to be: refugees. Why punish them purely because of their country of origin? In that situation, are you not as bad as those who persecute them in the first place?
jamescfm

Postby TheCaliph » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:52 pm

Prime Minister John Kenway Of Telamonia
Sir,blaming our government for the acts that happened before us is widely absurd...we have faught against fascism and theocracy for many years and continue to do so...our nation is way more democratic and freedom-loving than you can ever imagine....you will see that if you look at our laws.....secondly.....if free speech and diplomatic right are acs ot aggresion then yes we are guilty.....we want to see Terra free and agaisnt racism whether you liek it or not...please remove your bias out of this council and speak with a clear mind.....Thank you...and once again we woudl like to thank every freedom loving nation who supported us and continue to support us
TheCaliph

Postby TheCaliph » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Minister of Foreign Affairs of Telamonia Mike Stewart
We have just reached an agreement with the government of Saridan....they have agreed to pull out any warships and surveillence systems from our borders and refrain from acts of aggresion...in return we have promised to not interfere in their nations internal policies from here on out..however sanctions and our denouncement will not be lifted
TheCaliph

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Eleanora Montreal, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council responds to the representative from Telamon:
Do not patronise me and certainly do not refer to me as Sir!

I'm fairly certain I can imagine a democratic and freedom-loving nation, given that I represent one. There are differences between Kalistan and Telamon, Telamonia, whatever it is called nowadays. For example, the government will never order the slaughter of citizens in Kalistan, whereas in Telamon it will. I suppose that is neither here nor there. I remain certain that Telamon committed an act of aggression, in fact, the act that began this debacle in the first place! I have determined this without bias. If there is any bias from a Kalistani point of view, it is an anti-Saridan bias because that is a nation with which we have had troubled relations in the past.

This is the scenario that occurred: the government of Telamon entered into the national legislature of Saridan, while debate was ongoing, and attempted to influence the decision of Saridani politicians then, when they were not successful, they threatened to do 'anything' in their power to achieve their stated goals. It is a direct threat, it is indefensible and it should not be tolerated by the international community.
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Giovanni Paolo Fulgi, Ambassador to the World Congress of the Repubblica Istaliana

Mr Montreal,

When the Kalistani Law that avoid to foreign dignitaries to speak in your parliament bacame an international law? Telamonia we are sure will choice more carefull word to use in the future, but this not change that never Telamonia talk about military intervention or other direct action against Saridan.
Bur more important why lost time to blame a nation when now we have to be all together in the comdanation of Saridan? Why create similar fracture when not necessary?
And about the capital punishment, despite Istalia shares your same posistion about it, we invite you to take a more real politic position.
It rest true that the capital punishment in force in many democratic nations is a measures at disposition of indipendent judiciary that respect the rule of law, applied against citizens find guilty of serious accuses.
The organization leaded by the ex president of Kalistan, mrs Conti, already created strong tensions between your nation and other kalistan's friendly nations.
And as member of the Security Council we are concern about the possibility that many nations could take serious position against the World Congress due this inflexible position on this matter, a matter that it cannot be face as the human violations of which are accused Saridan or Beiteynu. Probably you could not see the differences, but there are, enourmous differences!
This is simply not a smart way to face this matter and sure this is not the moment to talk about it right now!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Maxington » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:26 pm

Tormod Solbakken, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Kazulia to the World Congress General Assembly addresses the assembly.
What transpired in this assembly, is beneficial to everyone. Especially the members of the nations of the security council, who are also represented here. From this situation everyone should leave knowing not to act on a situation with very little information. What the Kalistani representative said is very accurate. This situation was formed solely out of external forces meddling in another nation's internal affairs. One can express one's feeling of a certain topic that is a core principles to democracy, but as many of our politicians at home (Kazulia) say, the way this assembly, specifically the Security Council handles issues, and I would focus this onto the Istalian representative. As former Statsminister, Rasmus Ingebretsen said about Sophia Conti's approach to reform,"It is ineffective for a diplomat of any proportion to portray him/herself as a "fighter of the truth" or a "Freedom Fighter", for they are robbing themselves of pragmatism and flexibility as both a diplomat and/or an activist and that is not qualitative. Furthermore by doing so one is simply digging him/herself a hole of unnecessary, incoherent and nonsensical arguments with inconclusive and in-comprehensive points. I will not get into the schismatics of the Human Rights Foundation as I am under direct from the Foreign Ministry (Royal Kazulian Foreign Ministry) to not offer any comments when it pertains to the Human Rights Foundation and Sophia Conti.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby matthewleitch » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Lewis Wright, Conservative Party of Baltusia

I thank the member from Kalistan, Eleanora Montreal, for sharing the archives.

What this report reveals is truly shocking and we in Baltusia shall immediately withdraw our support for Beitenyu. Please remember though, the endorsement and alias we made with Beitenyu were prior to any reference to bills made in the report.

It is in the best interests of Baltusia to withdraw any diplomatic aliases with Beitenyu and our SC nomination for them shall be struck immediately. It is truly regrettable that we haven't removed ourselves from aliases earlier, but it shall be done now and we will look to the future to improve Baltusia on the international circuit.

Thank you for your information provided.
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Eleanora Montreal, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council responds to the request of the previous speaker:
While I am glad to hear that you are no revoking your support for the Yeudish Republic, I do not accept you assertion that these events have transpired since your relationship with Beiteynu. Eighty years before the Security Council even existed, Beiteynu had implemented the Non-Yeudish Segregation Act, the National minority card act and the Segregation Rights Act. This legislation was passed before the Conservative Party of Baltusia even existed! It is very clear to me that you turned a blind eye to this in an attempt to make political gains.

Mr Wright, your party and nation was complicit in and supported crimes against mankind. Ignorance is no excuse.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive