2nd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby matthewleitch » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Lewis Wright, Baltusian Foreign Minister rises to address Aldegars comments:

I would like to address Mr Esfahani on his comments and express thanks to the Tsar and Trigunia for their support. Mr Esfahani claims that we are completely inadequate. Clearly he is unaware that we have cut all relations with Beitenyu and are making progress on the international stage with regards to security council nomination etc.

Any attempt to threaten and adjust a sovereign nations policy shows that in fact, you Mr Esfahani and your government, are "completely inadequate". Our President is not an imposter, he is a democratically elected head of government and head of state. The shah is an ignorant, selfish and power-hungry monarch. In Baltusia, we have recently held two landmark votes regarding foreign monarchy and the shah. The first vote was regarding recognition of a foreign monarch, namely the Shah, as our official head of state. The bill can be found here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=497646, and it was opposed UNANIMOUSLY by the whole of congress, 700-0. The second vote is regarding Baltusia's independence as a republican state. The bill is set to pass, with no opposition. It can be found here: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=497875.

The whole of Baltusian congress opposes the Shah as the official head of state and I call on Congress to request that the Shah removes the "King of Baltusia" part of his title, as that is unofficial.
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby jamescfm » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:46 pm

Court Minister Tutak Esfahani of the Glorious Shahdom of Aldegar responds to the prior discussion:
The hypocrisy of the so-called 'government' of Baltusia is absolutely laughable! Their representative begins by stating that I am inadequate because I wish to bring Baltusia's policy into line with the desires of Yazdān yet by the end of his remarks he is pleading with me to change Aldegar's policy. The fact of the matter is that His Most High Majesty Shahnam I is the true and lawful King of Baltusia. As a result, any silly vote which 700 people take part in is irrelevant. Those people are stooges and they do not represent the true wishes of the Baltusian people.

Having dealt with the Baltusian people, I find that they have a great affinity for His Most High Majesty and a great desire to see him rule over them rather than the insignificant and illegitimate morons who have decided that they understand the wishes of the people more than the anointed representative of Yazdān. The Honourable Gentleman, in providing what he deems 'landmark votes' fails to mention the bill in which less than half of the Baltusian Congress supported his position. Rather convenient I consider!

What we see manifesting itself here is what we all knew already. The World Congress is simply a vessel for an elite group who wish to snatch power away from the people. Not only do Baltusia attempt to reject the unquestionable truth, that their so-called 'government' is illegitimate, they encourage their Trigunian imperial colleagues to join in the attack. Even then, their representative fails to understand my initial request! I originally called for, and I will reiterate this request, a Security Council resolution confirming that His Most High Majesty Shahnam I is the legitimate and lawful King of Baltusia and that the individual claiming to be President of that nation is an imposter. I did not 'demand' anything and I certainly did not ask the World Congress to 'force' Baltusia into any action.

The complete disrespect shown for His Most High Majesty is sickening. The hatred for Aldegar from the foreign invaders spreads beyond rhetoric. We have seen Baltusians murder our citizens in cold blood. There will be severe and merciless consequences.
jamescfm

Postby matthewleitch » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:08 pm

Lewis Wright stands again to address the General Assembly:

Ladies and gentlemen, "Baltusia" has been accused of sponsering terrorism in Aldegar, as per the statement by Mr Esfahanis party: http://classic.particracy.net/viewnatio ... ationid=22

"It seems Baltusia has been sponsoring terrorism in Aldegar. This is disgusting and there will be consequences."

Firstly, the CPoB and the government send their condolences and prayers to the families of those killed in these horrible attacks. Our government fully condemns the attacks.

Our justice committee, in assistance with the police will launch an enquiry and investigation into the incident and I call on the Securtiy Council to address the issue and investigate immediately.

Baltusia does not sponsor terrorism and we believe it is grossly negligent to accuse us of sponsoring terrorism. Our government have absolutely no role to play in this attack and fully condemn it.

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby matthewleitch » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:01 pm

Lewis Wright, Baltusian Foreign Secretary stands again to address the Assembly:

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to inform you about continued aggression from Aldegar.

The following bill was recently proposed in the Divan, Aldegar: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498246

To quote from it "We request that the National Divan, by way of a majority vote, authorise the Court Minister to seek the approval of his Most High Majesty to engage in war to remove the false government of Baltusia and install a true, noble, Royal government."

The bill is set to pass and we are very concerned about the consequences for innocent civilians in Baltusia.

I ask on behalf of Baltusia, that the International community assists in stopping this escalating situation and condemns Aldegar for proposing such a crazy bill! It is not in Baltusia's interests to engage in war.

We would also ask the international community, and perhaps an independent commission or the Security Council could verify that the Baltusian President is head of State and Government in Baltusia, and the Shah is no longer the ruling head of state.

matthewleitch

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Tutak Esfahani of the Glorious Shahdom of Aldegar responds to the prior discussion:
The bill in question will not pass with the necessary votes. Nevertheless, if Baltusia had not provoked the government of Aldegar by refusing to acknowledge His Most High Majesty as their rightful ruler, we would not be in this position!
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:14 am

Giovanni Paolo Fulgi, Ambassador of Repubblica Istaliana to the World Congress:

what are Aldegar doing? What is all this? Baltusia provoked you because the democratically legislature refuse to recognize the request to be the monarch in Baltusia from of the Shah of Aldegar? Are you serious? Do you want become the monarch of the world? Aldegar, Indrala, now Baltusia. Who are you to claim in this eay to be monarch of other countries? We see many reaffirmation from Baltusia to be a republic without any foreign monarch and Aldegar have to respect the decisions of the local parliament. Any aggression will be considerer as a Aldegar agression against the sovereignty of Baltusia, but we invite also Baltusia to cut all its possible involvment in Aldegar.

But another question concerns my Nation: the situation between Kazulia and Mikuni-Hulstria, it's very serious now!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:31 am

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Head Baltusian Representative to the General Assembly:

We thank Ambassador Fulgi of Istalia for his supportive response. Baltusia will maintain a state of defensive readiness until Aldegar revokes its claim and the Shah and his ministers realise empire building is very much a thing of the past. As for the other spurious claims of Baltusia sponsoring terrorism, we have never heard anything so outrageous. The claim is a complete fabrication and whilst we very much mourn for the loss of innocent lives, I can tell you here and now that Baltusia had nothing to do with it!

We hope that all security council members will keep a very close eye on this situation and take whatever action they believe is necessary to stop this aggressive behaviour from Aldegar.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:57 am

Tutak Esfahani of the Glorious Shahdom of Aldegar responds to the prior discussion:
I thank both the Baltusian and the Istalian delegation for confirming what we all knew already, the World Congress is a Godless entity with no respect for the legitimate claims of a monarch, in this case His Most High Majesty Shahnam I. I fail to see what is democratic about the Baltusian Congress when it is made up of less than a thousand Baltusian citizens whereas there are millions of Baltusians who wish to see the Shah be crowned King of Baltusia.

Clearly, such intellectual and difficult topics as this are too much for the feeble mind of a republican to comprehend. Baltusia and Istalia cannot possibly understand these matters and it is rather shameful that one of these nations has been chosen to serve on the Security Council! Nonetheless, I will try to explain the situation to the two ambassadors. When a monarch dies, according to the laws and regulations of their position, their titles are passed to their descendants. Thus, through his great-grandmother, His Most High Majesty is King of Baltusia (as well as Celestial Emperor of Indrala). Any decision by the local parliament is irrelevant. Yazdan is the one who decides.

The main takeaway from this matter should be this: the World Congress is an excuse for neo-colonial nations like Istalia to impose their disgusting and backwards values on the rest of the world. Just because they have not been chosen to be ruled over by Yazdan's appointed representative on Terra, they want nobody to be able to experience that. They employ their local stooge in Baltusia to provoke Aldegar, to murder our citizens- even members of our government- and then claim we are the ones showing 'aggressive behaviour'. It is shameful. You say this is a 'complete fabrication': do what I did, visit the hotel where the shooting occurred! Let's see if you think the corpses and blood-stained carpets are a fabrication!

Just today I have received a message from the President of Baltusia stating 'your shah will probably get attacked by republicans', 'the world congress don't support you' and lastly that Baltusia 'will embargo and ban your citizens and goods from our country including the shah'. How can any nations blame us for this? This is a threat against Aldegar from the person they call their leader! Of course, we are the ones to blame in the eyes of the Security Council...
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:13 pm

Ambassador Fulgi:

What? Aldegar is claim to conquest Baltusia HoS position and you accuse the World Congress to be imperialist? Do you have some mental problem or what? Do you realize where you are and when you are? And what are you saying about the Baltusian? Almost 55 milion of baltusian voted to elect the local Parliament at the last election and all the elected PMs (at leadt the great majority) voted against your ridicoulus claim (sure 2 times). Yes, the World Congress is not interested by the claim of a old monarch of an old monarchy. Aldegarians can do what they want inside their borders but behind it your are nothing than a nation like other with no right to claim sovereignty on other nations. The Baltusian parliament has already expressed its decision. I think we can also stop to spend time with this archaic way to act, a way that gives to a perfect Mr nobody "Shannam the Shah" the right to claim territories! Aldegar is his nation, continue to think about his nation, because for the others already exist parliaments and governments democratically elected. Where are the millions of Baltusian that claim for the arrive of Shannam? Where? The Baltusian Parliament is the highest representative body of the Baltusian and, as said, already expressed its position. Go away from Baltusia!
All other ridicoulus claim will be ignored and all forced attempt from Aldegar against Baltusia will be consider as an aggression against the sovereignty of Baltusia. We are sick of ridicoulus claims and protests in this organizzation! We are in the XXXXII century! The time of the divine empires is finish long time ago!

Baltusia will continue to be governed by its own organism. Stop! We no needs other interventions. I'll ask to my government to graant a support to Baltusia in case of any attempt against its sovereignty.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Tutak Esfahani of the Glorious Shahdom of Aldegar:
Anybody observing from the outside would think Mr Fulgi is a puppet of the Aldegarian government, such is the hypocrisy of his remarks and discourteousness of his tone. I am accused of having 'some mental problem'. I find such words extremely insulting but also somewhat disrespectful to those who do suffer from severe mental conditions- like the victims of the Lotus Flower Hotel attack, some of whom now have to live with post-traumatic stress disorder. That doesn't matter to Mr Fulgi, though, he only cares about pushing his own agenda, not the lives of real people.

The facts are clear for all to see: the World Congress is an imperialist body used as a tool by the OAC and neo-colonials like Istalia. How many times has Istalia said they will attack another nation, twice to Saridan, to Beiteynu and now to Aldegar? Yet, we are the aggressors, the nation accused of being 'archaic'. The President of Baltusia has threatened to murder our leader, Baltusian citizens have attacked members of our government and have even attempted to assassinate His Most High Majesty. Does Istalia care about that? Do the Security Council even mention these atrocities? Not at all, as usual, they turn a blind eye when its suits them. Baltusia, like Telamon before it, is a special chosen nation which does not have to meet the same standards as us 'old, archaic' nations.

I am told 'the time of the divine empires is finish long time ago'. Does that not apply to the Esinsundu Empire? You know, the one which Istalia has voted for twice in the Security Council elections? It might be because Istalia is making a hefty profit selling ships to the Empire nations, although that is just speculation. Nations of Terra, it is about time we gave the Security Council the boot. I ask you all to switch your votes away from the current, corrupt representatives and towards nations which respect sovereignty and the rule of law; Vanuku, Trigunia and Lodamun for example.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive