3rd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Ambassador Taylor Murphy of the Federation of Zardugal
The Federation harshly condemns the statements of the Valruzian Government. The Security Council is already moving to take action on this file and Valruzia is only going to make things worse by threatening Aldegar. The World Congress needs to intervene on this diplomatic exchange and condemn the clear threats Valruzia has made towards Aldegar.

We will also state unilaterally to this Body, the Federation does not respond well to open and naked threats and are going on the record to state that Zardugal will take action to ensure the sovereignty of Aldegar is not infringed upon as we have been doing thus far for Baltusia.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Tormod Solbakken walks out of the Assembly, without saying a word to his delegation. His Deputy, Ellinor Ketelsen, former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazulia assumes the position as Acting Kazulian Ambassador to the World Congress. She begins speakings.
I speak not for my former colleague, what i do speak for is the foreign policy of the Kingdom of Kazulia, which is to uphold the principles of democracy and moral understanding. Let it be known of our backpedal of this matter. We will not be at the centre of judgement or accusation. Neither shall be express a sentiment of judgement, suspicion and make unconfirmed accusations towards any nation. As I have pressured throughout my tenure as Foreign Minister, mediation is our most powerful weapon. Thus we will take the "backseat" on this matter. My sincerest apologize to those affect by my former colleagues' blatant incompetence.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Eleanora Montreal, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council rises to speak:
What is absolutely clear to me, and what myself and others have warned of before, is that the World Congress weakens its position when nations rush to react. Kalistan and Aldegar have had a period of strained relations but in our view, there can be no excuse for the current action being taken against the Shahdom. To my knowledge, the trigger for this was a request for recognition of the Shah as the Head of State of Baltusia. The response has been the threat of war, mass expulsion of citizens for no reason other than race and, although this is to be taken with a grain of salt, reported terrorist attacks.

I have, as you all know, raised the issue with the Security Council. Outside of that, the Kalistani government will not hesitate to come to the defence of Aldegar and its sovereignty if that is required. Furthermore, we ask the Baltusian government to immediately cancel plans for deportation and detention of Aldegarians. In the past century, a Baltusian criminal by the name of Karl Benn entered Kalistan and sought to disrupt relations between our nations. Would Baltusia consider it fair if we had punished all 99 million Baltusians for his actions? I think not. Perhaps my insistence that Baltusia be held to account for their support of Beiteynu can be reconsidered now that they behave in an extremely similar way to the Yeudish Republic!

In wanting to appear fair, I intended to present demands to the Aldegarian delegation but I actually do not see what action Aldegar has taken which it should not be permitted to. The ban on travel between Aldegar and Baltusia is regrettable but it is nothing within the larger context of this issue. I am happy to take that issue up with the government if I am presented with evidence that the other side is making significant improvements.
jamescfm

Postby stuntmonkey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress

Given that Ambassador Montreal has already come to a conclusion before any investigation has been carried out, we now ask the security council to send a representative from another nation rather than Kalistan to inspect our deportation process.

We have nothing to hide but must insist that objectivity is a pre requisite of any inspector sent to carry out this work and report back. Prejudice in all its forms must not be a tool of this esteemed body.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:41 pm

I find, Mr Blick, that when you are trying to defend yourself against accusations of pinning the crimes of an individual on their entire race, discounting a WHOLENATION as lacking objectivity because of the views of a single woman is a rather stupid move. Need I remind that Kalistan has a treaty of cooperation and friendship with Baltusia? I heard no calls for a more objective individual at that time. In my first remarks, I had left the opportunity there for Baltusia to defend itself against my claims but it seems you would rather indulge petty xenophobia.

That leaves aside the fact that my views are the result of investigation. How can you possible tell me I am incorrect when you have provided your own Congress with a running commentary of events? We know you have tortured and you have tortured somebody who hadn't even committed a crime! You have undertaken a process which, whether you like it or not, meets the definition of ethnic cleansing. Now you have decided to form an alliance with Valruzia, a nation which is threatening to blockade Aldegar. None of this is acceptable and there absolutely must be repercussions.

Worth noting, is that Aldegar has only claimed a title. That is literally the extent of their aggression, to my knowledge. It is well-established that Kalistan is a republic and that we strongly support Republicanism as a system of government but abusing human rights in order to preserve is not something we will ever support.
jamescfm

Postby stuntmonkey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress

Madame Montreal, In this Assembly you hold plenipoteniary powers on behalf of your nation.Therefore your individual views are taken as the views of your nation, unfortunately for you and those you represent.

Therefore, I either ask you retract the statement which you have made on behalf of Kalistan or we ask another nation is represented on the inspection team sent to Baltusia. I believe given the prejudice shown it is a fair request.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 pm

The matter will not be addressed until you explain why the torture, imprisonment and deportation of ethnic Aldegarians continues to take place in Baltusia.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Payam Khodayari, Aldegarian General Assembly Ambassador:
To further update the General Assembly on the situation with Valruzia, Court Minister Esfahani attempted to contact the Valruzian government to understand what exactly the cause of their aggression was. Their response, to quote their message, was 'Your government has done crimes and don't seems to admit any let alone lie about facts. We leave the meeting now.' Court Minister Esfahani provided his Valruzian counterparts with a large amount of evidence relating to the various aggressive actions taken against Aldegar, including murder, terrorism, deportation and torture. The response was that 'Baltusia is doing out of defense'. I thank the Kalistani ambassador for at least attempting to hold Baltusia to account for their tyranny.
jamescfm

Postby NationalDemUnion1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 am

Faisal Daneesh, NDU Shadow Ambassador to the General Assembly

I wish to inform the Assembly that the NDU is taking the necessary steps to ensure our nation is not threatened. We have ordered our personal security force, the NDM, to prepare a counterstrike Hitlist of HVT politicians in the Valruzian chain of command. This is a last resort option, but we are willing to use it if the government cannot avoid war. We shall take all steps to aid them in resolving the conflict, but we are ready to take more extreme measures.
National Democratic Union of Aldegar
NationalDemUnion1

Postby Maxington » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31 am

Ellinor Ketelsen addresses Faisal Daneesh, NDU Shadow Ambassador to the General Assembly
Your nation was never mentioned in prior statement, nor was it threatened directly or indirectly. It was you who decided upon yourself to foolishly and mindlessly to interject yourself into a situation that is of little relevance to you, and your nation. Do not enter this situation and create a premise and use this situation as a legislative magic wand. I can assure you, you are of little relevance the current proceedings.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive