3rd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby MarkWill » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:20 pm

Luthorian Ambassador to the World Congress, Steven Moss:
Seeing that the Aldegarian Ambassador pointed to nothing but what can be agreed are inappropriate remarks for a representative to this body in response to my question asking for evidence of Istalia's complicity in a number of acts allegedly perpetrated by the Baltusian government, I will now move on to another question. Where exactly is the evidence that the Baltusian government is torturing Aldegarian citizens? Simply allowing torture does not necessarily mean it is being carried out. Even harder to prove is that it is being carried out systemically against an entire ethnic group. I have reviewed the document the Aldegarian Ambassador has submitted to this body, and what troubles me is, if correct, is that the assassin of the now-deceased Baltusian politician had ties to the Aldegarian government, cause in and of itself for the outrage in Baltusia. If that is the case, is it not then that Aldegaria is, at the very least, equally complicit in sponsoring terrorist activities, an act they have accused the Baltusian government of partaking in? Will the Aldegarian Ambassador provide an explanation to this piece of information?

I express concern over Baltusia's detention and deportation of all Aldegarian nationals and find it to be extreme. More oddly, however, is that Aldegaria has done little to reverse course from their previous decision to end diplomatic exchange and travel between the two nations. If the government was so concerned with Aldegarian nationals in Baltusia, it would appear natural, if only temporary, to reestablish diplomatic relations to provide embassy or consulate services and to permit Aldegarians to travel directly back to their native country, rather than to attack the integrity of the World Congress and attempt to exacerbate the ongoing crisis through, as I have stated before, inflammatory rhetoric.
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Ambassador Taylor Murphy of the Federation of Zardugal
As this Chamber deals in facts rather leaps of faith that part is irrelevant so instead the Federation will repeat it's current stance; should any Aldegarian citizen be detained or executed, for no further reason beyond their Nationality as Aldegarian citizens the Federation of Zardugal will join with Aldegar in condemning in the harshest possible Terms and take further action as is justified, with collusion with Aldegar, to rectify those crimes.

While the Federation of Zardugal always supports the notions of freedom, equality and self determination amongst nations, it will note that should any hard evidence be provided to prove that these tenants have been violated by either side, that side will face the consequences.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:24 am

Tormod Solbakken, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Kazulia to the World Congress General Assembly addresses the opposing sides.
As I have learn't over the years, there are three sides to every story, Your side (Aldegar), their side (Baltusia) and the truth (undetermined). The recent events which have unfolded before us, are prime examples of this clause. I have many questions which i wish to be answered adequately without slander, chastising and suppressed facts. It is qualitative to review the entire situation from its spark to the present, I had our intelligence agency conduct an analysis of the government policies and newspaper articles from this situation's spark to present and the questions are: Firstly, On January 13, 4139, it was reported by the Glorious Illuminator, Aldegarian Shah's Official News Outlet, that information was revealed that the Shah was the "rightful ruler" of Indrala. We would like for the Aldegarian Representative to present the complete case study, if not we will have no problem in finding this information on our own.

Secondly, Upon the attack whether it was directly or indirectly towards Selab Nishpuri,the Aldegarian Foreign Minister at the time, it was assumed by the Aldegarian Government that Baltusian were behind its execution, as it was reported that weapons were traced by Baltusia and the two men who perpetrated the attack held in their position Baltusian passports. This makes me question the intelligence gathering apparatus of Aldegar. Could it be indicated by Aldegarian representative as to the evidence to connect the perpetrators of the attack to the Baltusian government.

Thirdly, it is being regurgitated through the "fact" spewing mouth of the Aldegarian Representative that the Shah was shot by a Baltusian gunman. I am not the first nor am i the last to ask for evidence which can directly link the individual to the Baltusian Government. I would further ask, as to the name of the organization which is funded by the Baltusian government and may even be receiving arms from them as reported by Aldegarian State Media.

My Questions and Comments to the Baltusian Representative.

Firstly, I would like for the release of the interrogation the four (4) individuals arrest by the supposedly effective Baltusian Agency of Intelligence against Terrorism and International Threats (BAITI)

Secondly, it is vexatious, frivolous, childish and disruptive to democracy as a whole, for the actions prescribed by the Sanctions Against Baltusia Act. 560,419 Aldegarian citizens, must pay the price for the actions of a few. It is clear the Aldegarian have taken the old saying "Peter pays for Paul and Paul pays for all" to the extreme. I stringently condemn the actions of the Baltusian government in taking immigration stances similar to the State of Beiteynu.

General Comments.

I would believe that this situation in its own right is inadequate and unnecessary. For instance, if a Dundorfian man, holding Kazulian citizenship were to kill a Kazulian citizen, does it mean that relations between the states must be tarnished as a result of a irresponsible actions of one person? From what i see, both nations are using murder, terrorism, might it be directly funded, or indirectly funded as a guise or legislative magic ward for justification to go onto the offensive between each other. That is the official belief of my government. My personal will be confirmed by my country's General Intelligence Service. I believe that situation is the offspring of a much larger problem. There is a growing anti-intellectual strain, that could usher in the end of informed democracy, government looking for a guise/justification to carry out certain acts is beyond me. But i do intend on seeking further information on this matter.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby stuntmonkey » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Ambassadors,

We thank you for taking the time to digest the facts and listen to your conclusions on our country's motives with much interest.

Please may I set the record straight and point out the facts:

Baltusia is a presidential republic, we refute the rule of the Shah or any similar spurious claims to be our head of state from foreign powers. For refuting this claim we have found ourselves accused of terrorist acts, which we adamantly deny. We have taken action against dreadful attacks on our soil, including implementing cross-party emergency measures, many of which are being phased out - as we speak - because tensions subside.

All Aldegarian citizens are being deported as per Article 5 of our Sanctions Bill and while I would agree that some are not happy with this, no torture or similar tactics are being used in executing this process - that would be abhorrent. I would suggest the Assembly sends an inspection team to Baltusia to check our methods and processes and see for themselves that the so-called ethnic cleansing accusations of the Aldegarians is totally untrue and, of course, beyond contempt.

On a more general note, it is ok for larger, more powerful countries to reproach us for taking this action but our sovereignty was being threatened - we felt war was imminent. As a country that felt under attack we took it on ourselves to defend our people, our culture and our democratic way of life. Frankly, we could not wait for this Assembly to make a decision for us. We deal in realpolitik in Baltusia - we have no choice but to do so.

“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Ambassador Taylor Murphy of the Federation of Zardugal
With that thought when Ambassador, with your governments permission, the Federation will deploy a contingent of peacekeepers to serve as observers to ensure the decency and legal rights of Aldegarian residents of Baltusia was respected. We would also ask any other volunteer nations, with the permission of the Baltusian Government, also to join our contingent. The contingent would be under Zardic Command but WV Mandate.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Maxington » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Tormod Solbakken, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Kazulia to the World Congress General Assembly
With permission from the Baltusian government, we will deploy a contingent of peacekeepers who will both serve as observers and fact-finders in ensuring the civil rights of Aldegarian residents within Baltusia are upheld and ensuring allegations and conspiracies are quelled with a fact driven investigation respectively. We request for the proposal to deploy peacekeepers be sent to the security council.
Maxington

Postby stuntmonkey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:02 am

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Ambassadors,

Our Government accepts this and will abide by the Security Council resolution. We have nothing to hide.
I stress again, we have attempted to ensure the process is as seamless and as painless as possible and where necessary we have gone the extra mile to ensure the wellbeing of deportees.

“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Maxington » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:32 am

Tormod Solbakken, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Kazulia to the World Congress General Assembly
I would like to request permission from the Aldegarian Government to unconditional access to the Cultural Archives of the State as well as information on the Shah. It is our hopeful intention to conduct a Genealogical test to put to rest the various claims being spewed from the Shah's Official Media Outlet. It will not require a peacekeeping contingent. If permission is granted teams from the Royal Genealogical Society and the National Institute for Religious and Cultural Research will be able to determine (1). If on a line of succession, if the Shah is the actual King of Baltusia, and (2). If on a line of succession, if the Shah is the "rightful" ruler of Indrala.
Maxington

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Payam Khodayari, Aldegarian General Assembly Ambassador:
It should be noted, before I continue, that Mr Esfahani has returned to his former position as Court Minister and I have been appointed to represent Aldegar in the General Assembly. In spite of this, the position of the Aldegarian National Party continues to be that the World Congress is a corrupt organisation, intent on the destruction of our national culture. Since returning to government, the decision on whether to entirely cut engagement is still being made. There is absolutely no benefit to me expending time talking to any of these representatives, who deny facts, manipulate quotations and support terrorists and murderers.

I'll begin by informing the Kazulian ambassador that I can save him a great deal of time: His Most High Majesty the Shah is the rightful Emperor of Indrala and King of Baltusia. Perhaps it has not been explained to you, and that is no fault of your own, but the Shah's great-great-grandfather was Wu Xian- the last recognised holder of the aforementioned titles in Indrala. When we are faced with a situation in which almost every nation on Terra is threatening us, you can understand why we may be hesitant to invite you to view such sensitive information. Given that there is nobody else claiming these titles anyway, the Shah is doing the world a favour by taking their burden on board.

Similarly, as has been repeated on numerous occasions, we have no desire to reveal intelligence gathered about foreign terrorists to the entire world. Any nation, like Baltusia, who does so is obviously revealing false information to slander others. They actually invented Aldegarian citizens in order to stage the murder of their own Congressman; it is truly appalling behaviour. Nonetheless, they are given a free pass to pursue their ethnic cleansing by the World Congress.

It seems that in Luthori, evidence is only valid when it supports your own viewpoint. A man who cannot even get the name of my country right would like to stand in front of me and tell me that the forced mass expulsion of an ethnic group is not ethnic cleansing. Let me make this absolute crystal clear, so that you might be able to get it through your thick skull. Ethnic cleansing is 'the mass expulsion or killing of members of one ethnic or religious group in an area by those of another'. Aldegarian is an ethnicity which gives its name to the nation of Aldegar. Baltusia passed a bill stating; 'All Aldegerian citizens who have NOT left Baltusia by January 1st 4150 will be actively searched for. If found, they shall be arrested, placed in a detention centre, placed in a 3 month jail facility and deported as soon as the 3 months is over.' That is ethnic cleansing, it's an abuse of human rights but because the victims are Aldegarian, nobody in this disgusting, godforsaken body seems to care.

I thank the Federation of Zardugal for being apparently the only nation in Terra to understand that this is immoral.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Payam Khodayari, Aldegarian General Assembly Ambassador:
Since my previous remarks, a message has been forwarded to me which was originally sent to the government of Aldegar.

From the government of Valruzia.

Role play message.

We see that your nation gas made aggressive actions against Baltusia. link of RP: http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498366

Our nation of Valruzia demand that your nation take down this bill! If your nations does not Valruzia will take actions to block all you sea routes. And will block air travel to and from your nation. If your nation then takes military actions against Valruzia we will consider this an act of war and will react with much more action.

Your nation has been told! Best you meet Valruzia's demands!

From Valruzia Government

I suppose this is our own fault once again?
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive