3rd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

3rd General Assembly Session

Postby Aethan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:08 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 3rd General Assembly Session, which lasted from 4144 to 4159.

Ajax Apostolos, Selucian Ambassador to the World Congress
My nation has recently held new elections, and due to political deadlock I was unable to continue with my duties as Selucian Ambassador. I want to apologize for the lack of presence of our nation in the last discussions and hope to be informed about the last news that have happened in the world as soon as possible.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Re: General Assembly

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Taylor Murphy, Former President of the Federation of Zardugal and Zardic Ambassador to the World Congress General Assembly

It is an honour to have been selected by President Yasmin Won as the newly appointed Ambassador the World Congress. Our government will offer no comment on previous incidents handled by this August Body but will gladly enter into the discussion of any new international incidents as they occur.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Tutak Esfahani of the Glorious Shahdom of Aldegar:
Will the General Assembly join me in condemning the actions of the Baltusian government, specifically in rounding up ethnic Aldegarians and placing them into concentration camps? Will they also condemn the actions of Istalia, who have facilitated and supported Baltusia's ethnic cleansing?
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:24 pm

Ambassador Taylor Murphy of the Federation of Zardugal
I would ask the Aldegarian Ambassador to provide proof that the Baltusian Government is currently engaging in ethnic cleansing; those are truly serious accusations.

We will note to the Baltusian Ambassador we must protest the possible illegal detention of Aldegarian citizens in Baltusia for no other crime then their nationality, even if this won't occur for another 4 years.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:13 pm

The Honourable Mr Murphy, is the forced mass expulsion of an ethnic group not evidence enough for you? The legislation mentioned earlier, in my view, qualifies as ethnic cleansing and, to speak to the World Congress more generally, that this is being ignored is a sad indictment of this body. I have repeatedly raised the issue of Baltusian aggression and terrorism; the response every time has been that Aldegar is the one to blame. The history books will show that it was Baltusia who, time and time again, took advantage of their position as the World Congress' golden child to imprison, deport and murder our citizens.
jamescfm

Postby MarkWill » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Luthorian Ambassador to the World Congress, Steven Moss:
I echo the concerns of the Zardic Ambassador. Will the Aldegarian Ambassador provide evidence of the ethnic cleansing of Aldegarians? Furthermore, will the Aldegarian Ambassador elaborate on how exactly Istalia is facilitating these alleged actions?

If ethnic cleansing were to be taking place, Luthori will be among the first nations to flatly condemn it; however, it appears the Aldegarian ambassador is engaging in nothing more than hyperbole, exageration, and inflammatory rhetoric. I ask the Aldegarian Ambassador to refrain from such misleading rhetoric, such as claiming the government is murdering your people, until there is corroborating evidence. Such language only heightens tensions and does nothing to help resolve the situation.
Turdidae, formerly Mark3, Mark2, MarkWill

Union Party (Aloria)
Vorona Conservative Party
Union Canrillaise (Baltusia)
Parti Conservateur d'Alduria
United Luthori - active
Nouveau Centre (Rildanor)
MarkWill

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 pm

We are openly agreeing with your Government that the forced deportation of Aldergarian citizens is wrong, and we do condemn those actions. However the mass deportation of your citizens from their nation is their national right; much in the same way as Blacklisting Baltusian citizens from entering Aldegar would be your nations right.

The Federation of Zardugal will openly join in a condemnation of Baltusia for any forced detention of an Aldegarian citizen who has committed no crime and if such actions occur, we encourage Aldegar to bring it to this August Body so it can be addressed.
Last edited by colonelvesica on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:32 pm

I am disappointed but hardly surprised. The World Congress remains the most corrupt organisation in Terra. Dead Aldegarians and a wounded Shah is, in the eyes of Luthori, 'hyperbole, exageration, and inflammatory rhetoric'. I'll ensure that message reaches the victim's families: I asked the world for their help, their reply was for us to be less misleading. To those who are being forcibly removed from their homes, losing their rights and facing the death penalty at the whim of the Baltusian regime, I'm almost certain that 'heightening tensions' is at the forefront of their minds.

Yet we return to the 'Do you have some mental problem or what' level of diplomacy which I referred to from Istalia...
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:40 pm

We will note that there is no hard evidence, aside from allegations of the Aldegarian Government that the Government of Baltusia supported the actions that lead to the death of your citizens and the injury of Your Shah. We are still awaiting hard evidence that proves that Baltusia is responsible for the evidence of those terrorists, whose actions we condemn the harshest possible Terms.

Now I will ask the Honourable Ambassador of Aldegar a very pointed question; in what way are Aldegarian citizens facing the death penalty? Aldegarian citizens are being sent back to their nation, not being executed. Further as we have said, should even a single Aldegarian be imprisoned for their citizenship, OR executed, we will gladly join with your nation in condemning those actions and further actions as would be required.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 pm

We already have clear evidence, presented to the Baltusian Congress, that being Aldegarian is enough to permit torture in Baltusia. I do not believe it is a huge leap of faith to presume that citizens in a similar position will face the death penalty.
jamescfm

Next

Return to Sessions Archive