3rd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby NationalDemUnion1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:33 am

Reply to the idiot Ketelson

We, the official opposition of Aldegar, do not see the relevance of this statement. Calm down, you foolish woman, and listen next time.
National Democratic Union of Aldegar
NationalDemUnion1

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:39 am

Payam Khodayari, Aldegarian General Assembly Ambassador:
The Aldegarian delegation would like to make clear that the shadow ambassador is not affiliated to the government in any way whatsoever, other than through virtue of citizenship. We apologise for any disruption that may be caused.
jamescfm

Postby NationalDemUnion1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:44 am

jamescfm wrote:Payam Khodayari, Aldegarian General Assembly Ambassador:
The Aldegarian delegation would like to make clear that the shadow ambassador is not affiliated to the government in any way whatsoever, other than through virtue of citizenship. We apologise for any disruption that may be caused.

I'm not being disruptive- I'm adding to our cause...sort of...I'll just go and sit back down now...shout if you need me, or an internationally acreditted hitsquad...
NationalDemUnion1

Postby stuntmonkey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:50 am

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress

May I remind all delegations, both official and unofficial, that under the terms of the International Unity Party Union treaty we and several other countries would be obliged to come to the defence of Valruzia should any conflict break out. I do not believe any country wants that.

http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3555

Our president has spoken to Valruzia President Prydain and we both agree that we want this resolved diplomatically and peacefully.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Eleanora Montreal, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council rises to speak:
Who exactly do you think you are Mr Blick? You still refuse to answer my questions regarding the clear abuse of human rights taking place within your nation and you now have the audacity to accuse the rest of Terra of being aggressive! It matters very little which assortment of nations are obliged to protect Valruzia, Kalistan does not give in to bullying. If Aldegar's sovereignty is infringed, we will protect it- just as we would protect Baltusia, Valruzia or any other of our neighbours if they were in the same situation. The treaty you present to me has very little meaning in the grand scheme of things.

I shall pass the message on to my colleagues in Kalistan that Baltusia has shown itself to be a nation unworthy of Kalistan's economic support and that we should withdraw from the various treaties binding us together as soon as possible. Please ensure your government is made aware of this.
jamescfm

Postby stuntmonkey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Otto Vanderijk Blick,

Who do I think I am? I am a diplomat, as you are Ms Montreal, trying to do what is right by my beloved country.

The reason I have not answered your questions is because you have already reached a conclusion and answered them yourself, such is your obvious bias in this matter. Rather than wait for the investigation to run its course and the inspection of the deportation process to take place, you have already accused us of ongoing torture, imprisonment and abusing human rights! Yet the Aldegarians can fabricate stories about terrorist attrocities and refuse to provide proof to this Assembly but you say they have done nothing wrong. There is clear bias, which is why we ask that more impartial members of the Congress carry out the inpsection and, as I have said many times, we will fully co-operate.

I also see that the Kalistani government is now looking to withdraw from the treaty it has with Baltusia on your recommendation. Again this shows such a level of arrogance on your behalf: to take unilateral action without waiting for any kind of proof or the judgement of the World Congress on this matter is tantamount to negligence of your duties. And to say a multinational defence treaty, that bears the name of at least one other security council member, has no real significance in the grand scheme of things both reinforces this arrogance and clearly suggests your judgement to suitably digest world affairs is in doubt.

“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:06 pm

My questions are not about what is happening, that is already understood. My questions are about why it is happening. Why are you practising ethnic cleansing of Baltusia? Why have you dragged Valruzia into this affair? Why do you believe torture can be justified? I will confess Kalistan has a bias. We are extremely biased against nations who abuse human rights and make threats against their neighbours.

If you would like to make clear to me what it is that Aldegar has done wrong then I will be happy to review it. From my position, all I can see is that they claimed the Shah to be the ruler of Baltusia and blamed the Baltusian government for terrorist attacks on their soil. That is not particularly constructive or agreeable but it is not on the same level as torture and mass expulsion. Please review my earlier comments if you want the proof upon which Kalistan is basing their decision. The mutual defence treaty could be easily gotten around if Valruzia or Baltusia took unlawful action.
jamescfm

Postby stuntmonkey » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Otto Vanderijk Blick, Ambassador to the General Assembly of the World Congress

Madame Montreal, Member of the World Congress.

After direct consultation with my President and our Foreign Secretary I have been asked to present this report, which was being prepared for the Security Council inspection team but has been amended to answer the pressing questions posed in this room.

1) In regards to torture ongoing or otherwise: Baltusia has not involved itself in such practices. Yes, we passed a law in May 4143 stating that under the gravest of circumstances torture could be used.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498492

However, this law was not in place when we interrogated the cousin of the suspected assassin and he confessed under traditional methods of questioning. The home secretary's report was issued a month before this date in April 4143 with the questioning taking place earlier that month and year. Rigorous interrogation technques were used but not torture.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498648

2) What has Aldegar done wrong other than claim that the Shah was our king? Well, when we refused to bow to their will the ruling party at the time attempted to go to war with us over this very issue.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498246
It was blocked by the opposition at the time (November 4141) but the ruling party were so aggressive we suspected that if they gained enough seats for a 2/3rds majority they would go to war with us in an instance. Given their outburst in this chamber we still believe they would go to war with us if they gain power again.
This along with the assassination of a prominent anti-Aldegarian senator and later more demands
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498688
led us to believe that conflict was imminent and like any nation in that situation we began the expulsion of citizens from the country we feared we would soon be at war with.

3) Expulsion of Aldegarian Citizens
This was a major task so we set out clear rules to ensure it would happen smoothly under Article 5 of the following sanctions act:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498694
You will note that Aldegarian citizens have until January 4150 to leave our country - and most are leaving, I can tell, you for they fear war is coming too. So there are no detentions, no arrests, no violence or intimidation - no concetration camps as some would have you believe. By the deadline in three years time we are confident all Aldegarians will have chosen to leave Baltusia and headed home or north.
This is why I wanted you to come and inspect our deportation process - to see that all is going well despite the threat of war hanging over our heads.
You may say why has there not been a change of policy now that a different party rules in Aldegar? Well, we have no channel of communication as diplomatic ties have been cut, and the overtones I have heard from their representatives in this assembly suggest they are not in the mood to co-operate. We also believe that in three years time if the NDU gets back into power they will push for war again and we would have to start the whole process again.

4)Valruzian involvement. In 4145 Baltusia signed up to the IUPU treaty of which Valruzia is also a signatory, This was to give us economic sway around the world but it also ties us to a mutual defence pact.
http://classic.particracy.net/viewtreat ... atyid=3555
Shortly afterwards we decided to sign a mutual friendship treaty with Valruzia to confirm our cultural and economic ties. They had also signed our international petition for Baltusia to remain a republic which helped grease the wheels.
However, we did not ask them to confront Aldegar nor allegedly threaten them. As soon as we knew our President contacted their chancellor to calm the issue and asked them to let diplomacy take its course. They agreed.
However when the Aldegarian NDU suggested they would carry out "hits" on Valruzian politicans and members of its high command it was encumbent on Baltusia as a honourable ally to remind this Assembly - but really for the attention of the NDU - that we were honoured bound to defend Aldegar if attacked. This was not a threat to the nations of Terra just a warning shot to a radical party that we would stand by our duty and defend a neighbouring nation.

Members of the assembly it is true we have in place some laws that do not chime with countries like Kalistan yet we have the sovereign right to self determination like every nation and to be persecuted for this is wrong.

As a footnote, when we are compared to the current regime of Beiteynu which has just reinstated slavery as a punishment I ask myself what justice is there in this world?

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=498358

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Whether or not torture occurred on that occasion, you clearly practice it- as is made clear on the government records you presented. Furthermore, I am not convinced that you did not torture the individual; in my opinion you probably did but that is nothing more than speculation.

Evidently Aldegar did not attempt to go to war with Baltusia. A single party, proposed a bill which would have allowed their Head of Government to request war. The bill didn't pass at any rate so that is a complete red herring. As a government, it is incumbent upon you to understand the difference between action and discussion. The NDU did not have a two-thirds majority so trying to suggest that Baltusia was genuinely under threat is ludicrous.

At this point we both understand that the actions of an individual have no relation to the actions of their race. If you do not accept this, you are nothing less than a racist. How dare you suggest that 'any country' would expel an entire ethnic group whenever they face conflict! What a disgusting proposal! Your backwards behaviour is no reflection of the world as a whole. Ethnic cleansing of this kind cannot be justified. Stop attempting to white-wash what your government is doing, the mass arrest and expulsion of an ethnic group is a human rights abuse. Why would Aldegar retain diplomatic relations in this position? Fortunately it seems that the Valruzia Unity Party has been overthrown and the new government of Valruzia has reversed their actions.

We can discuss Beiteynu if you wish, now that Baltusia has finally decided to investigate their legislation. Your pathetic attempt to shift blame away from your own nation is, however, just that- pathetic. There is no justice in losing your home, employment, family and way of life purely as a result of your race. Baltusia must reverse their course of action immediately.
jamescfm

Postby NationalDemUnion1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:41 pm

A small, white haired bespecled gentleman walks in to the Council chamber and goes to the front. He pulls out a brown folder and clears his throat.

Council,

My name is Professor Karl Badensgruper, of the National University of Aldegar. I am head of the School of Genealogical Science, and have been recently tasked with investigating the bloodline of His Most High Majesty Shahnam I at his behest to prove without question his claim to the Throne of Baltusia.

My search began with the Shah's father, Gorgin. Gorgin's mother is Vajesta, second cousin of Bardiya II of Aldegar- the previous Shah, and it is through her that the current Shah is the legitimate ruler of Aldegar. Gorgin's father, however, was Shahrokh. Shahrokh's father was Shahnam- not the same one that is the current Shah of course, Royals and nobles tend to share names, it's bloody confusing let me tell you, especially when you find seven of them in a row with the same name- who's mother was Wu Qigang. Wu Qigang was the eldest daughter of Wu Xian, the last recognised Emperor of Indrala, King of Baltusia and Prince of Luthori. It is through this relation that the Shah is the Emperor of the He Dynasty, a title which he uses to make clear that he is a lawful ruler.

With all of this in mind, it should be absolutely indisputable that Shahnam I of Aldegar is the rightful King of Baltusia. This line of sucession to the throne, and to the change in Royal House which ocurred in Baltusia in a time when most of the present political groups existed, is demonstarted here http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=464018, in this document I have copies of to distribute. By blood and by law, the Shah is the rightful claimant.
NationalDemUnion1

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive