6th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

6th General Assembly Session

Postby jamescfm » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:35 am

Below are the archived discussions of the 6th General Assembly Session, which lasted from 4189 to 4204.

Billy Ray Murphy, President of the National Party of Baltusia:
As the leader of the largest party in the Baltusian Congress, I would like to make clear that the Resolution proposed by our Ambassador to the Security Council does not have the support of our nation's legislative body. It is hyperbolic and fabricated. While we regret that some Baltusian citizens have had their lives inconvenienced, we do not accept Baltusia's right to interfere in the affairs of a foreign and sovereign nation. It is the decision of the Confederation's government to promote their own national interest and internal security. With all this said, we implore all Security Council members to vote NO to Resolution 20.
jamescfm

Re: General Assembly

Postby Axxell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Riccardo Malzi di Arenese, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Mr Murphy,
thank you to be intervened in the World Congress, but I think that I should specify you that despite the size of your party, the foreign policy of a nation is responsability of its Government.
Currently in Baltusia the National Party is not part of the current government coalition.
The Government coalition has gained the confiance of the Baltusian Parliament to be at power, so, we can assume that the current Government has all the right to present such a Resolution and it is assumed that also the Legislative body, through the majority coalition which support the Government, support the Resolution.
A support assured by almost the 60% of the representatives of the Nation, whil the National party, with only the 23% came here to pretend to speak on behalf of the entire Legislative body.
We invite you Mr Murphy to think very well on what is it a Democracy, and to start to defend your citizens rather then cooperate with a foreign government which is only aimed to perpetruate an irractional persecution of your citizens and that unitl now proposed absurde and unilaterally motivations, if now false motivations about a conspiracy against your Nation.
The Government of New Endralon presented to Baltusia proofs about a conspiracy? Or it want pretend that the investements made in New endralon by private citizens and companies are part of a conspiracy to sabote the New Endralonian nation? and again: what kind of proofs apart the words of the New Endralonian President presented New Emdralon?

Thank you
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby kj#2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:06 pm

Thomas Barron Ambassador of the Royalist Faction of Rutania
Former Foreign Secretary of Rutania (4172-4181) (4185- 4189) (4190-4193)

Addressing the General Assembly and directing remarks to Riccardo Malzi di Arenese, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress

The blatant assault on the Royalist cause by the Istalian Ambassador is unprecedented and frankly lacks character and respectability. The Istalian Ambassador has done everything in his power to slur our names and our cause all the while he shows a basic lack of understanding of Rutania's political landscape. For over 2 decades Right-Wing parties have ruled Rutania with a brief gap of liberal rule in the early 4180's. It has been known and understood by the Left wing parties for decades now that Right-Wing Rutanians value greatly the rights and traditions of the nobility. Immediately after the election the 'Republicans' made it obvious they would disregard the feelings of half the nation and abolish all rights of nobility and abolish the titles themselves. They could have just abolished the rights of nobility but they chose to end the practice of even recognizing the titles. This was a clear provocation.

We 'Royalist' have respected Democracy but we will not let them radically change our nation without atleast defending the principles we believe in. We did not rise in rebellion when they won an election in the 4180's and proceeded to eliminate our free market policies and we wouldn't have this time either but they didn't proceed with politics as usual. It is also worth noting who the real aggressive side is, not a single party in the Royalist faction has maintained a militia. We never felt the need to pressure the other side with force. It should be noted that the 'Republicans' that the Istalian Ambassador seems dead-set on putting on a righteous pedestal have threatened insurrection several times over the last few decades, with calls for violence increasing in the years leading up to the election of 4193.

I charge that the Istalians are attempting to do nothing but empower a group to become a puppet of the Istalian regime.

I urge members of the General Assembly to disregard the propaganda and lies of the embarrassingly pathetic Istalian ambassador.
Whig Party of Rutania
kj#2

Postby jamescfm » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:16 pm

I had nearly forgot how corrupt and anti-democratic Istalians were. Fortunately, it seems Baltusia is not the only nation who has been targeted and I offer my support to the previous speaker's remarks.
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:56 pm

Mr. Barron,
I'm 'really sorry' for the nobility of rutania and I'm really sorry for your disappointment, but Democracy works in this way: the people of a nation elect their representatives, they choose who will support policies dear to them, and these representatives will act so that the positions of their voters could have a voice and that will be submitted to a vote before the rest of the nation's representatives.
And parliaments work in this way, the proposals that earn as much support by elected representatives of the nation become state laws, laws that are sons of the will of the people.

And excuse me Ambassador Barron, could you explain to colleagues in this Assembly how it can be defined legally and juridally as a democratic system one which provides for some individuals more rights than the rest of the citizens?

I do not think this is propaganda, just a discussion on how a democracy functions and what characterizes a system that can be called democratic.

Furthermore Mr Ambassador, I think that the error committed by others in the past does not justify what you have done today and why you mentioned the past years of rule of your coalition? In Democracy the majorities change, with them the governments and, therefore, the national policies, I do not think it is something so strange or unsettling as you're describing.

Ah... and they said, Mr. Ambassador, that in the course of time even the traditions evolve and change, it is simply the inevitable passing of time and the changing of the times.
In Istalia we accepted them, and take it from someone who comes from an ancient noble family, the Manzi's family, Marquis of Arenese and Prince of Mondorato, title which today are simply part of our complet family name, no more, because my family doesn't need to major right to habe success, the history ennobles us, an history of century fiercely lived under the Istalian Republic as productive and loyal citizens.

I shall draw to a close saying that my Government apologizes for allegations of war crimes directed against the royalists, an initial misunderstanding due to incomplete information.
We have already taken steps to withdraw any inference about war crimes.
But for the rest, we see someone that are opposing the course of the time with the violence, someone who turned against a Government regularly supported by a majority to oppose to a law introduced by the supreme legislative body of the Nation, where I can't see some parties or representatives entitled of more power than that given them by their voters.
At the same way your past majorities enforced your specifically policies in Rutania, the new majority and the new government are acting at the same, they are enforcing their policies.
If the people of Rutania were so satisfied of the policies of your party or coalition, why most part of them gave their support to others?
And what about your claim to transform Rutania in a monarchy? In this case you will see with me that your coalition was far away by the necessary support to advance a similar reform.

No propaganda, only clear evidences about what happens in Rutania.
Last edited by Axxell on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Axxell

Postby Axxell » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 pm

jamescfm wrote:Billy Ray Murphy, President of the National Party of Baltusia:
I had nearly forgot how corrupt and anti-democratic Istalians were. Fortunately, it seems Baltusia is not the only nation who has been targeted and I offer my support to the previous speaker's remarks.

Sorry?
Mr Murphy, please, has my Nation, Istalia, targeted Baltusia, its most close allies? I well understand? Mr Murphy, into the last debate into the Security Council I'm quite sure to have declared in behalf of my Government fully sypport to Baltusia.
My last response to you Mr Murphy was just a response to you as leader of the National Party of Baltusia, one of the different parties today represented into your legislative body but not one which is part of the current government, a response to you Mr Murphy clearly is not a statement toward Baltusia, and personally I don't think your are in the position to speak on behalf of all Baltusia.

About your statement on how the istalians are anti-democratic, please, explain me and to the rest of this Assembly this vote.
We are so anti-democratic that our Nation adopted with a large majority and are defending with an even bigger majority a Constitutional Chart to assure a democratic, equal and fair society for our citizens.
In our anti-democratic nation mr Murphy the political forces respect the outcome of elections and bill votes, in our anti-democratic nation mr Murphy the peoples lead their battle inside a truly democratic, pacific and mature system, through a democraric dialectics, respecting the role of the Government and also accepting the defeats, a recurrent possibility which promotes a beneficial alternation into a stable democracy which in the last 160 years has encouraged a great social, cultural, economic and scientific growth and that at the same time has known however many changement of policies.
And I'm sorry for a so long response, but we istalians are proudly of our Nation, of our values and principles and of our Political System, we are children of century of battles for the Freedom and faith in the Democracy, even when those that we support don't win the elections, leaving also speak internationally in behalf of our Nation those entitle to do that legitimately.

Thank you
Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 am

It should be made clear that real Baltusian citizens do not regard Istalia as an ally. Istalia is the nation who's corporations and businesses have decimated our economy and left thousands unemployed. In fact, the only Baltusians who regard Istalia positively are the corrupt business elite and career politicians who have cemented control of our nation. You are no friend of ours,
Mr. Ambassador.
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:42 am

Ricardo Manzi di Arenese, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

jamescfm wrote:Billy Ray Murphy, President of the National Party of Baltusia:
It should be made clear that real Baltusian citizens do not regard Istalia as an ally. Istalia is the nation who's corporations and businesses have decimated our economy and left thousands unemployed. In fact, the only Baltusians who regard Istalia positively are the corrupt business elite and career politicians who have cemented control of our nation. You are no friend of ours,
Mr. Ambassador.

These, like all the other declaration from you, are simply lies against our Nation Mr Murphy, but... I know very well the parties like the NPB, populist and demagogical screamers which made often use of lies or exaggerated facts and information to mobilitate the people against the "enemy" of the moment to collect votes through the fear and the ignorance and pushing for suicidal policies without consider the conseguences of their application.
And to emphasize your nature of serial liar, able only to spread lies and fears, let me refresh your memory remembering you that when one of our companies was about to be pushed out from your Country, this unleashed even a government crisis, with parties which withdrew from the Government proposal, first of all leftist parties, not "business" party, a clear evidence of how our companies are working for decades in Baltusia cooperating with the baltusians with profit for both the Nation.
Thanks to our investments we created many jobs in Baltusia and I can also said that we have helped Baltusia to grow, with great pleasure I can add! Baltusia today can boast the larger solar energetic facility of the world, today Baltusia is one of the main exporters of mining products, and the major exporter of Rare earth element, also thanks to the istalian investments, we created also a whole new city for the workers of the main mining region of Baltusia to exploit the north-seleyan craton riches.
Or we can also talk about the revitalization of the Costa de Oro economy where almost 20 thousand of istalians, personnel of our base in the city, are living for many years without any problem with the local population.
Given the fact that me and my delegation are always ready and able to extensively respond to your ridiculous allegations and statements while you showed to be just what I said at the top of this declaration, a demagogue with empty and flimsy arguments good only to make sterile noise, it is always a pleasure to ridicule each your statements.

And to stop these unnecessary and ridiculous interventions, my Government will demand to your Government to take the necessary measure and assure that the legitimate Government of Baltusia, and not someone that have any institutional roles, will talk in behalf of your Country.
Or maybe not... because in effect we do not need to hush up such falsehoods, the fact talk for us! Indeed, the PNB, acting in this way, it does nothing but make a fool in front of the whole world.
But Mr Murphy, from now, I received clear instructions from my Government: as Ambassador of Istalia, autorized representative of the Istalian Government, I've been authorized to speak and deal only with the official representatives of the Government of Baltusia.

Good moornign Sir.
Axxell

Postby matthewleitch » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Good Evening,

I would just like to clarify that Mr Murphy does not speak and cannot speak for Baltusia and her citizens as he is not in the government and has a minority in Congress, additionally he has no role as representing Baltusia here in the World Congress. The voice of Baltusia is that Istalia is a strong ally and we are condemning the behaviour of New Endralon together. Thank you.

Patricia Grayson
Baltusian Ambassador to World Congress
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby Aethan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:32 am

Altair Rodis, Selucian Ambassador

The situation is quite weird. As my predecessor Mr. Apostolos did, I will keep my nation as more neutral as possible. However, it should be clear that provocations have no place in this Assembly. All of the members here have been selected by their Governments, and I want to think it has been because of our capacity for dialogue and self-control, to compensate for the actions that our own governments can carry out and do not know how to explain properly, and not to fight and create more conficts than those that are currently happening around the world. About the Baltusian ambassador, this is clear: it is a matter of the Baltusian Government to name their official Ambassador,
and the decision should be complied if done.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Next

Return to Sessions Archive