8th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Mariana Fonseca, General Secretary of the World Congress:
Mister Argov, your failure to withdraw your comments means you are suspended until such a time as they are retracted. Beiteynu's government are welcome to be represented by other individuals in the meantime. Likewise, other groups/organisations/individuals are not affected by this suspension.

Mister Stinson the General Secretary has sole authority to determine who may speak in General Assembly sessions, if individuals have not been permitted to speak (in this case because they have registered personal attacks against fellow members) yet persist in speaking, the procedure is for their removal. At this point, I doubt the sincerity of your questioning: almost all legislative chambers operate in this way and it is a format I am certain you are familiar with. With that in mind, I will not respond to any further specious accusations.
jamescfm

Postby Govenor12 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:21 pm

The government stands to the comments of Mr Argov and would like to underline that the actions by the president of this chamber support the majority position in Beiteynu that women are not fit for work or indeed office.She is indeed the best example for that. Mr Argov will be appointed Foreign minister of Beiteynu after the next election. Furthermore, the government deplores this dictatorship-like attitute based on the simple inabiliy to understand sentences.

AI powered answering device, Rep. of Beiteynu
Govenor12

Postby jamescfm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Shahrzad Rahija, President of the General Assembly:
With that dealt with, a return to the matter at hand. My counterpart in the Security Council has suggested a resolution on nuclear disarmament. Would a resolution of this sort, if passed,
help more nations to support the course of action we are pursuing?

Additionally, I would like to return to the question raised by the Human Rights Foundation's representative. What more should we be doing to improve the quality of life for citizens across Terra who are living under repressive regimes like those like those highlighted in the HRF report?
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:04 pm

Giorgia Pellegrini, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Hon. Collegues,
I'm personally appaled that in place like that there are debate on what it is the respect and politeness and what could be expressed in such a august organization.
As woman, I cannot but to support the request made by the Secreatary. The representatives in this organization have to express themself in a respectful manner and have to respect the official appointed to lead this institution and its bodies.
And Mr Ambassador of Luthori, the freedom of eachone end when hit and reduce the freedom of the others, and an insult hits the freedom, the freedom to express themself and to be respected or criticizedfor his words and opinions, not for his DNA or other personal feautures.
And about the statement made by the HRF, here we have an example of what this organization must fight, similar archaic discrimination based on the genders or other charateristics.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Cirith » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:25 pm

James Stinson, Shadow Foreign Secretary of Luthori and Deputy Leader of the Royal Conservative Party;

Madame General Secretary, I do not endorse or agree with what the Ambassador said, but I question your authority to make them retract it or to even eject them, you can simply indicate they are not permitted to speak, you did not do this, you asked for a recanting, which invites a reply anyway, and you threatened removal which is beyond your power. I do not believe you have the power to suspend or remove anyone, you can simply not give them the floor to talk at your discretion, which is better served by not asking them to do something and inviting them to speak again.

Freedom in this chamber must include saying things or having believes that may differ from your own or others, Beiteynu obviously believe women should be at home, it was not long ago that Luthori had these laws too, luckily the RCP and myself reversed this and gave them equal working rights. But, we respect other nations, religions and cultures are different. We cannot have an open dialogue between so many different people without some views we disagree with, the Ambassador was not insulting the General Secretary, he was talking about the legal position of the right to work for women in Beiteynu, and I know that country is not alone in this position, however crassly he put it.

As for the question raised by the Human Rights Foundation's representative, could Secretary-General Pyakuryal list the nations they claim present an immediate threat to the lives of their own citizens?
White Rose of the Holy Luthori Empire

Player since 2700!

Parti Conservateur Royaliste in the Kingdom of Lourenne until 3000
Parti Conservateur Royaliste of the Royaume de Kanjor until 4400
Cirith

Postby Axxell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Uthman bin Ahmad Al-Ādil, Representative of the Federal Republic of Kalopia-Wantuni:

Hon. representatives of the nations of Terra,
I'm here to call for an intervention of the World Congress because the independence and the sovereignty of my nation is menaced by the attitude and behevior of the last months of the Majatran Republic of Kafuristan. For some reasons, the current Government of Kafuristan believes to have the right to act as a international gendarmerie and that it had a moral duty to intervene. What right has Kafuristan to declared to have such a power on a foreign and indipendent nation? Only the Government of the Federal Republic of Kalopia-Wantuni has the power to authorize after a formal request another nation to intervene on our territory and we have already requested an external support to the Istalian Republic, our ally due to bilateral agreements and furthermore ally as part of the Majatran Alliance.
The Republic of Kafuristan since months is massing even more forces and currently the Kafuri troops close to our north-eastern border reached up to over 60.000 men, in response of the presence of Istalian ships in our territorial waters close to the borders. The fact is that we requested a support by the Istalian Government, but we never asked nothing to Kafuristan.
The Federal Republic has already rised its alert state and we are in constant contact with the istalian government. We want denunce Kafuristan and ask an international response to stop such attempt to the indipendence and the security of my Nation.

Thank you
Axxell

Postby Aethan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:59 pm

Cynthia Amphion, Selucian Ambassador
In fact, Kafuristan has its right to place troops wherever its government wants if they stay inside the borders of their own nation. They could give, and would be nice from them, an explanation to why they are moving troops to the frontiers, but in fact, they are not required to do so. Selucia cannot condemn something that in fact, is not happening, but in virtue of the Majatran Union and the international laws and rights, our nation is ready to take part if any of the nations implied in these tensions take a step further. We hope, however, that it will not be necessary to do so, as we believe in words as the best solution for everything.
In Marea - Civis Sinistram - Selucia Former
Left Bloc - Istalia
Bright Spring - Kirlawa

PT Wiki Admin
Aethan

Postby abcxyz123 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 am

Harold Millar, Solentian Ambassador to the General Assembly

Colleagues,

Today the Senate of the Solentian Social Republic have placed our Armed Forces on high alert. We have sealed our northern border with Kafuristan and are amassing land and air forces on our western border to hold back the continued destabilisation on our doorstep. Our intelligence services tell us that foreign powers are attempting to destabilise the region and the chaos in the Kalopia-Wantuni area confirm this. Additionally, our intelligence tells us MRSF member Kalopian Vanguardships is making attempts at international arms deals amid alliances to increase their military power. For what purpose? While there is nothing criminal about this, it gives us certain pause about what actions may be taken by a country whose people have to be walled in from leaving.

Kafuristan's unexplained mobilisation on our northern border, Istalian troop movements and presence amid riots and widespread criminality on our western border, and the continued expansionist policy of the MRSF have given us no other choice. We have endured uncertainty and chaos on our border for too long. While certain members have nitpicked the language of ambassadors and domestic policy of some nations, they have been less concerned about over a third of Majatra being swallowed by tyranny. We are left with a potential war that we did not ask for. But if it happens, we will finish it.

If the international community recognises the right of these breakaway republics to exist, we suggest an international peace-keeping force be dispatched to the region. Being a neutral power in the region and sharing an entire western border with the disputed region we are more than willing, ready, and qualified to lead it.

If any Solentian citizens are harmed from the recklessness we have seen, we will not hesitate from intervening ourselves.

Thank you.
SUN - Solentian Social Republic - Active
abcxyz123

Postby Axxell » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 am

Uthman bin Ahmad Al-Ādil, Representative of the Federal Republic of Kalopia-Wantuni:

Hon. Representatives of the World Congress,
with joy I announce you that the authoritarian and aggressive forces at the power in Kafuristan have been removed by a coup lead by the democratic forces with which we have already established relations to normalize the situation. In fact, the current Government is the same which joined the Majatran Alliance and the same with which Kalopia-Wantuni, as well as Istalia, alraedy have established in the past good and fruitful relationship. For the moment, we can announce you that we asked to the Istalian forces to retire but at the same time we would like officially ask to the World Congress and the International community to recognize the Federal Republic of Kalopia-Wantuni as a sovereign and indipendent nation. For this reason we are ready to welcome in Helios all the Nations which will decide to place an Embassy in our Capital.

Thank you.
Axxell

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive