General Assembly

Re: General Assembly

Postby jamescfm » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Sabrina Brochard, Permanent Representative of Lourenne to the World Congress:
Lourenne, like Dorvik, believes that the World Congress is a force for humanity and peace across Terra and will not allow it to be attacked by quasi-imperialist regimes seeking to play international politics as though it is a game. Any attempt to interfere with the sovereignty of the Whale Island would be an attack on the Lourennais delegation to the World Congress and, by extension, an attack against the nation of Lourenne.
jamescfm

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Auditorii wrote:
”Only Keymon is threatening Temanian violence, as previously stated an agreement has come together. We appreciate everyone’s concern but it’s unneeded. This is the last that the OSG will speak to the General Assembly regarding this issue as we believe there are more pressing issues.”

Office of the Secretary-General of the World Congress

OOC: Oof, I didn’t know you already reached an agreement.

IC: If this agreement can prevent violence then we shall approve

jamescfm wrote:Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress
We are proposing that Cifutingan takes control of the island of Keymon while allowing Keymonite people to use the island as a place to live. As the delegation from Keymon essentially said, "the Cifutinganis wish to establish control of Keymon and the compromise we proposed granted them that. It also granted the Keymonite people continued usage of the island free of intervention. Our proposed compromise prevents unnecessary conflict and bloodshed". Given that this is apparently how Keymon believes international affairs should be conducted, we hope that the Keymonite government will immediately transfer control of the island of Keymon to Cifutingan.

Mr. Toshi,

There is no World Congress ethnicity. The World Congress uses whale island as a neutral meeting place, not an ethnic land. Your attempt to refute me failed in the first sentence you stated.

The World Congress is not a people. It is an organization. Our proposal was that the World Congress simply give over legislative and territorial control of the island to Temania and the World Congress itself could continue to operate on the island.

Sir I suggest that if you intend to refute my point, you use factually accurate statements

Sincerely,
Alcesimus Livigenus, Representative of the Republic of Keymon
Libertarian

Current Party-
Keymon-Keymon Libertarian Front-(KLF)

Old Parties-
Too many too count
Yolo04

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 am

Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress:
Firstly, it is polite to use the correct pronouns when referring to someone and if you do not know then it is polite to use neutral ones. I am, obviously, a woman- just in case it isn't clear for the Keymonite delegation. We will not be patronised by ethno-nationalist, neo-imperialists intent on eliminating an international organisation which is a force for peace and justice in Terra. International law does not allow for states to make claims to random pieces of territory on a whim, that was the purpose of my analogy. Like Dorvik and Lourenne, Cifutingan would view any attack on Whale Island as an attack against our nation.
jamescfm

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:54 am

jamescfm wrote:Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress:
Firstly, it is polite to use the correct pronouns when referring to someone and if you do not know then it is polite to use neutral ones. I am, obviously, a woman- just in case it isn't clear for the Keymonite delegation. We will not be patronised by ethno-nationalist, neo-imperialists intent on eliminating an international organisation which is a force for peace and justice in Terra. International law does not allow for states to make claims to random pieces of territory on a whim, that was the purpose of my analogy. Like Dorvik and Lourenne, Cifutingan would view any attack on Whale Island as an attack against our nation.

Your gender wasn’t clear to me, Ms Toshi. I apologize if I offended you.

Madam, we didn’t state anything about eliminating the World Congress. I believe it to be a useful tool in international diplomacy. However, I suggested that to avoid any conflict and to give those living on Whale Island representation, a compromise would work best.

Your analogy was-pardon my Canrailles-shit.

Libertarian

Current Party-

Old Parties-
Too many too count
Yolo04

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:15 am

The short of it is this: any nation that thinks they can attack the sovereignty of the World Congress without response is mistaken. We urge the Keymonite delegation to take recess and reflect on their approach, it has been extremely undiplomatic.
jamescfm

Postby Yolo04 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 am

jamescfm wrote:Panai Toshi, Cifutingani Ambassador to the World Congress:
The short of it is this: any nation that thinks they can attack the sovereignty of the World Congress without response is mistaken. We urge the Keymonite delegation to take recess and reflect on their approach, it has been extremely undiplomatic.

I simply proposed a solution to a conflict. And my compromise is not a “attack in World Congress sovereignty”. If you read the compromise you would note that I stated that the World Congress should be allowed to continue operating on Whale Island while the Temanian government took over legislative and governmental control of the island. Nowhere in there did I state that the island should be taken by force.

I’d like to ask you, how is the World Congress handing over control of an entire island, while still maintaining there own sovereign absolutes, “threatening the sovereignty of the World Congress”?

Libertarian

Current Party-

Old Parties-
Too many too count
Yolo04

Postby maxirx » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:15 am

Puskás Lenci Fereng, Embassador of New Endralon / Kizenia / Kuzaki to world Congress

With respect to the territorial claim of Temania, we only affirm that we respect, maintain and ratify the current agreement regarding whale island.

As the representatives of Dorvick and Citufingani said, any type of aggression against this territory of peace will be considered an attack against our nation.

We suggest to the countries and politicians involved in this claim that they prioritize other issues in international politics. It will also be our last expression in this regard.
maxirx

Postby jamescfm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:35 am

Our delegation has nothing further to add to this discussion.
jamescfm

Postby Darkylightytwo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Mosie Nadeau, former Consul of Kanjor to the world congress

It is unfortunate, But I must warn my friends from the others nation that Kanjor is going Fascists, Our nation is going to slavery, in at least 16 months. First we will withdraw from all treaties forbiding slavery, then we legalize slavery and the Genocide will start.

The world must be aware that Kanjor will commit crimes against thanks to the nationalists and the militarists parties.

Of course, as long as my friends hold ministry, they will not accept this. But we believe the paramilitaries will enforce a form of slavery.
Darkylightytwo

Previous

Return to World Congress