11th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Govenor12 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Tax rate Beiteynu: 0%
Tax rate Malivia: 15%
Bank secrecy Malivia: 0%
Bank secrecy Beiteynu: 100%

I would reconsider it.

Automatic answering machine of Beiteynu to the world congress
Govenor12

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

Anton Clausewitz, Chief Hulstrian Plenipotentiary to the World Congress:

I come before the World Congress to once again request help in regards to the atrocities taking place in the northern part of the Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria.

Kazulia has illegally occupied the entire state of Hulstria and the northern half of Budenlar with no justification or ratified treaty to back up this land grab.

My country wanted peace but now this is not on the cards. The Wolfshiem Conference, that we were told by certain members of the Security Council would create a lasting peace deal, has collapsed and a ceasefire between my nation and Kazulia is now null and void, meaning there is the potential for conflict at any moment.

Kazulia is now building border fences between the occupied territories and the rest of Hulstria, so as to prevent our citizens from fleeing their tyranny. They claim to be carrying out modernising infrastructure projects - as far as we can see they are not, instead they are fortifying and building defences and bulldozing key Hulstrian cultural and heritage sites with the aim of annexing northern parts of my country. They have also started to ramp up their armed forces, which suggests to me they are preparing to not only defend what land they occupy but move further into Hulstria.

If this organisation does indeed have international influence I ask for assistance in removing the Kazulian yolk from around the necks of tens of millions of our citizens. We have already stated that we were, and still are, prepared to have a DMZ set up in the north of Hulstria and an international peacekeeping force in place for several years to monitor the situation. But this occupation cannot be allowed to happen and will not be tolerated by our government for much longer.

The last Hulstro-Kazulian war involved more than 200,000 troops on either side and was a bloody affair. I can imagine with the build up of troops on both sides and the fact that Hulstria will soon enter into a personal union with our southern neighbour, Sekowo, to offset such aggressions, that more than double that number would be involved in a future conflict.

No one wants that, so I ask for immediate intervention to stabilise the continent of Dovani.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Axxell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Ambassador Clausewitz, you that are talking about of illegal actions, can you respond with a simple yes or no to some simple question?

It was legal demanding to a foreign nation to organize a referendum to decrease its soveregin territory?
(But for this we can assure you that this is not legal, as well as was considered illegal a similar demand made decades ago by Aldegar to Baltusia. The international community and the international jurisprudence already give us and to you the answer: "No, Hulstria never was authorized or in the position to demand such thing to Kazulia, hulstrians or not hulstrians".

It was legal menace this foreign nations deploying your forces and launching an ultimatum for the mentioned referendum?

It was legal open the fire against a foreign nation because the refuse to accept unacceptable requests?

It was legal invade this foreign nation?

Kazulia defended its territories, defeated your invasion forces and then repushed them into your territory occuping territories to maintain your forces far from its borders, borders vialated first by Hulstria. And these are not opinions, these are facts and until now Hulstria never showed us some evidences about future program of Kazulia to invade Hulstria: a way, since you never presented evidences, that clearly is an excuse to cover your expansionist goals.

Now, Dorvik for our opinion offered conditions also to much favourable for an attacker nation that since the new govenrment was at the power never hidden its expansionist desires and that, despite its claims, as said never showed evidences of kazulian threat, of kazulian invasion, an eventually which came after the attempt of Hulstria to take with the force the southern regions of Kazulia, on which, despite its population, Hulstria have no right on them which for century if not millennia, was fully kazulian territories, and to be frank, into a democratic nation like Kazulia I think that hulstrians always were able to leave in favor of Hulstria, but... We can also understand why probably the three millions of hulstrians in kazulia never did it: the dictature are never desiderable nations where to live.

However, we thinks that the last proposal made by Dorvik is an optimal compromises and also that Kazulia could perfectly accept the last request by Hulstria about the freedom for hulstrians in the kazulian and northern husltrian territories to reach Hulstria territories.

We still hopes that the Dorvik's delegate will retourn on dial on the matter.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:36 pm

Ambassador Balotelli,

Whatever actions the previous administration in Hulstria has taken it should not allow the Kazulian military to occupy the northern third of my country indefinitely, erecting border fences, destroying the landscape and corralling our citizens there like farm animals. They are simply preparing for annexation and a greater expansion within Dovani.

However, to put things into context I will answer your questions:

It was legal demanding to a foreign nation to organize a referendum to decrease its soveregin territory?
We encouraged a referendum based on the fact that the three million-plus Hulstrians living in southern Kazulia approached our government asking us to help them in their quest for self-determination. We were met with diplomatic silence from Kazulia, then a complete trade and travel ban (without warning) and a stepping up of war games from Kazulia. Finally, we received threats that Kazulia was ready to unleash the "unconditional destruction of our state".

It was legal menace this foreign nations deploying your forces and launching an ultimatum for the mentioned referendum?
The ultimatum came after we were threatened both economically and militarily. As we have said before we felt it was invade or be invaded.

It was legal open the fire against a foreign nation because the refuse to accept unacceptable requests?
We had no choice. We came before the World Congress and explained the siuation, but no one, including your predecessor, listened. Our military experts told us at the time the only way of surviving a war against a more powerful military was to try and catch them by surprise. Believe me, if we had left it one more month Kazulia was preparing to role into our country and turn our nation into their puppet.

It was legal invade this foreign nation?
As mentioned before, we had two choices: it was invade or be invaded. Furthermore, their ongoing occupation of one third of or country is certainly illegal. Kazulia is raping the north of our country for its abundant resources, subjugating our people and preparing to annex Northern Budenlar and Hulstria and turn it into the Kazulian province of Statvinger. This is not speculation - this is fact.

Finally, I would say even if you perceive our military and diplomatic actions in the past as being wrong, surely two wrongs don't make a right? But that is what you are endorsing by not taking action now.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Shruti Shree, Malivian Ambassador to the World Congress

It is Malivian Free State belief that the Hulstrian Commonwealth has long since become a rogue. We do hereby declare that we will pressure the elected member of the SC council to brand this filthy hypocritical nation for what it is and punish it with all the powers of the SC.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Ambassador Shree, I know you Malivian-Rajutti types are renowned for your slow-wittedness, demonstrated ably during your botched efforts in the last Security Council, but even you must realise that further conflict is inevitable if this situation is not resolved.

Your attempts to bring punitive measures against a nation that is occupied rather than the country that is carrying out the illegal occupation also illustrates that you are not fit for purpose in your current role. Perhaps you should apply for a Class C Citizens' job in my country, where you would be put to work removing the detritus from bathroom plug holes.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby matthewleitch » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Ruby DeGraz, Baltusian Ambassador to the General Assembly

Good Morning to all and thank you for welcoming Baltusia on our return to this esteemed establishment. Our return to the General Assembly sparks the confirmation that we shall, indeed, be engaging in international affairs much more.

We are happy to assist and would request to be filled in on the most recent and prevalent international matters.

Thank you very much.
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby Axxell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Istalian Ambassador Balotelli:

Mr Clausezitz, between feel themself under the menace of an invasion and be invaded are two totally different things. But in general, until now we heard only your voice, but no evidences. Why this organization should believe unconditionally to you? We can brought a lot of evidences here to show what we are saying and simply we can read your newspaper to begin, where your triumphalistic and hegemonic propaganda was under the eyes of all the world.

Then, an embargo, which bar for any hulstrian product, fund, people, airplane or ship to reach Kazulia as well as bar any kazulian product, fund, people, airplane and ship to reach Hulstria. Right? So, if Hulstria for an Embargo have the right to attack the nation which established it, we think that Hulstria would have nothing to say if today Istalia decide to attack Saridan or Beiteynu or Barmenia for the embargo they established against Istalia.

But... I don't think this works in this way Mr Clausewitz. In Istalia what lead the Hulstrian Action is called "Paranoia", and why not... maybe a "preventing" invasion of Kazulia, if you would be lucky, would represented for you the chance of a territorial expansions.

And about your demands into the World COngress, let me report what you asked us, and I will remark the passage on which until now we heard only your voice, NO EVIDENCE, NO PROOF, NOTHING, despite also the direct requests from my predecessor: it was only your "analysis" of the fact, your biased analysis of fact.

The Kingdom of Kazulia is politically subjugating citizens of Hulstrian ethnicity living in the south of their country. These are our close kin, our Dundorfan-speaking brothers who wish to have much closer association with their true and historic homeland - the Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria.

As said, show us evidences of this terrible subjugation. But simply we think you have not evidences: it was Hulstria which talked about falsehood to justify their actions and their hegemonic desires.

We have encouraged and urged the government in Kazulia to hold a referendum amongst these three milllion-plus people who are eager to demonstrate democratically that they want closer ties with our nation. This right of self-determination should be paramount.

Are Hulstria the Government of these people? Some of these people has never elected some representative into the political system of Hulstria? Hulstria has the right to talk on behalf of these people? I don't think.
And, furthermore, do you really believe that in Kazulia the citizens are not free to demonstrate.... something? Have you ever analyzed the political situation in Kazulia? No one could believe that in Kazulia 3 millions of people were put under silence by the Kazulian Govenrment. We would invite Hulstria to consider the fact that most part of the international organizations considers Kazulia among the democratic nations of the world, and into a democratic nations if someone try to suppress the free of speach... well... this person is persecuted and judged by the Judiciary. And since long time, as said, Kazulia showed to be a fully democratic nation in which something simply you claim cannot happen or cannot be hidden. But, if you are so sure, well... sure you have some evidences of this people so eager but repressed, right? We are here only to see these evidences.

Instead we were at first confronted with a wall of silence... and later received alarming reports of Kazulian troops moving towards our border. In response, our forces have also moved towards the border to protect our frontiers. It is a dangerous time and we are now hearing that those Hulstrians living in southern Kazulia who have raised objections are being mistreated and their protests stifled.

Beginning from the last sentece in bold: still again can you show some evidences of these repressions? While, about the moving of troops, let me show you this chronostory:
Hulstria new Government talk about "the Glory of Great Hulstria", which within it, as showed by the comment of your press, clearly there is also a desire to retourn to the past glory also on the side of the territorial expansion: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7531&start=1060#p119945
Hulstrian Government demands closer ties with Kazulian hulstrians, talking in behalf of these people, and we would known how many kazulian hulstrians voted for your former Prime Minister, saying clearly that "the possibility of a sixth Bundesland (state) consisting of the southern swathes of Hent and Kelvon was not beyond the realms of possibility". So, Kazulia had no right to be concerned by a nation like Hulstria, governed by an extremist party, on the path of a strong rearmement, which say that it could project to annex its own territories?
But not only: After few months came this: a referendum in Hulstria to authorize the government to take all the possible measures to invade the southern territories of Kazulia: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7531&start=1070#p120161 (And of course, a referendum very "democratic" which allowed to the vote only the Hulstrians and, most unacceptable, these people voted in behalf of people in another nation? What logic there is here? Stop please...
Then, after several months we have the deployement of Kazulian forces: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=59&start=610#p120260, as said, after that Hulstria already was on the path of months of thread and menace launched by the Hulstrian Government which then called for an ultimatum: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7531&start=1070#p120195 Or Kazulia accept to host a referendum for the kazulian hulstrians or will be war. The problem is always the same: why you and not these people asked this? And the history of the oppressive Kazulian Government doesn't work anymore.

The situation is intolerable: a wrong move on the border will spark a war and paranoia is setting in - we feel if we do not strike they will take the initiative. Furthermore, we cannot sit back while Hulstrians in Kazulia are being mistreated.

Still again: what evidences of these violences against kazulian hulstrians?

Our army is ready to act to liberate our people and with no diplomatic intervention from this organisation it would be counter-intuitive for me to say that this issue can be resolved in another way.

This is simply one thing: a menace: "Or you support me or I have to unleash a war". Yes, very mature and responsable for a "great nation" menacing to infringe the international peace to force the international community to support you! Simply ridicolous.

We know the security council has been almost inactive for a long period - too long, in our opinion. But now is the time for action so we call on long-time incumbents Dorvik and Istalia as well as those three nations recently promoted to the council Malivia, Baltusia and our own Seat D representative Trigunia to act.

We ask them to condemn the Kazulian government for its undemocratic processes and for its subjugation of Hulstrians by preventing them from the right to self determination. We also ask this organisation to understand that where diplomacy fails conflict is inevitable.

This was the icing on the cake! An ethnic dictature like Hulstria which demands to this organization to condemn Kazulia for "undemocratic processes", and without any form of evidence?
When the shame for themself has no limit. The only one here that should be condamned is only Hulstria, for the threat that represent for the peace in Dovani, for have attack Kazulia after an unacceptable ultimatum, and for this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7531&start=1060#p119991 Something of disgusting, the vomitous of the "civilization" or better, the signs of the extremely inferior development of these shameless rulers.

Now, we say to you this: if Hulstria will fire only a bullets against Kazulia, any efforts made by this organization will be forget and probably Kazulia will be no more alone to face the aggression of Hulstria. So, don't try to do NOTHING.

Kazulia if now control your northern territories is because your madness to attack them, also on the light of a clear inferiority in means, preparation, skills and tachtics. Kazulia is doing nothing of illegal: this is the war. If you failed, you pay the conseguence and, opinion of Istalia, Kazulia has all the right to occupy for 50/100/150 years if necessary your northern border and also to ask the dismantle of the military capabilities of Hulstria, which for the second time in less then a century manaced Kazulia and pushed Skalm into a war.

As said, Dorvik was more then gentle with you, so, consider you fortunate of your long friendship with them and stop to menacing the international community with the threat of a war, a war that would see Kazulia crush Hulstria and your Government will be only remembered as the exalted Government which lead to the destruction of its own Nation.

And now go to cry to the international community, to say that Istalia is the bad boy who mistread Hulstria, we are simply tired of all these hypocrisy! Of your shameless hypocrisy, your continuing violation of human rights, your continuing repression of any form of democracy in Hulstria, we are tired of Hulstria which menace Kazulia,
Dovani or the world!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby -1776- » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 pm

So, if Hulstria for an Embargo have the right to attack the nation which established it, we think that Hulstria would have nothing to say if today Istalia decide to attack Saridan or Beiteynu or Barmenia for the embargo they established against Istalia.

Is Istalia making threats towards Saridan? We hope for Istalia's sake that this is not the case.

Adrian Mussert, Leader of the UvO
Likatonia - Republican Party (Inactive)
Dolgava - Liberal Confederation (Inactive)
Saridan - Unie van Oranje (Inactive)
Darnussia/Narikaton - Nationalistische Partij
-1776-

Postby TPPDJT » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:45 am

I have been instructed by my government to officially notify this body that the Sovereign Republic of Pontesia will defend the integrity and sovereignty of Saridan in the event it is attacked by another power.

Dickran Arshakuni
Foreign Affairs Minister of the Sovereign Republic of Pontesia
"Whoever excommunicates me, excommunicates God." - Girolamo Savonarola

"In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." - Desiderius Erasmus
TPPDJT

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive