12th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Arapaima13 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Omer Halilovic, Kalopian Foreign Minister

For the Istalian Ambassador to pander to the false claims of a corrupt and dangerous ideology, is both hypocritical and discerning. He speaks of the evil of minority extremism when the Communists are those exact extremists seeking to end democracy in Dorvik. And if you don’t believe me, just look at their Security Council plan. An unelected body of partisan politicians who do not reflect the views of the people. Anything less than a damning condemnation of the Dorvik Communist Party is a failure to stand up for the rights of democracy, freedom and sovereignty of the people across both Dorvik, and the rest of Terra.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Axxell » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Salvatore Puffu, Istalian ambassador:

Ambassador Halilovic, i will talk slowly and I will use the most simple expressions.
So, as you can notice by the records of my last statement, I would point out your attention on the fact that I expressed how my Government hopes that never estremist minorities will harm Dorvik's democracy, and among the extremist minorities I think we can put the Communist Party of Dorvik: we read the Dorvish newspaper, we reed the statements made by the leader of the DKP, considered very radical also in my Country, also if we cannot say not to share the same concerns about such measures: see this a measure which, talking about protection of Democracy as you said, is quite questionable in the framework of a State of Law, questionable not only by part of a Communist Party.
Communist Party to which I clearly responded that they cannot come here and present such demands to take the place of the official representative of Dorvik. But we cannot oppose to them to express their concerns for their nation if they believe these concerns touch also the international community.
Then, always because we read the Dorvish Press, also without the intervention of the Communist Party Istalia was already informed of the search and developement programs promoted by the dorvish government.
We think people have all the right to be concerned by a tecnology and by military devices which could cause unimmaginable destructions.
Every Government of Terra should be concerned and deal careful with such matters. We are talking about nuclear and biochimical warefare, something not to be taken lightly and about which not only the Communist Party of Dorvik expressed their concerns.
Rather than spend time to condamn a communist party which... which is acting precisely like most part of the Communist Party at the opposition in most part of the democratic nations of Terra, today as well in the past, we prefers to focus on a costructive solution. Istalia think that this organization should handle such concerns from nations and people from all over the world.

I hope I have been clearer now.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby lewiselder1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:36 pm

Hans Gluck, leader of the Nationale Partei and Minister for Defence in Dorvik:

We wish for nuclear weapons only to secure peace and safety. Once others possess them, it is only logical that we would want them too. This discourages violence: it does not create it.

Meanwhile, I can tell you that the Communists are the most anti-democratic psychopaths I've seen in a long while. They even tried banning an opponent and have repeatedly called for a Class War and even suggested pro-Communist terrorists should be excluded from the Death Penalty (voted down). Meanwhile, they write this letter spinning lies and mistruths... They claim the government seized their assets, but only because they acted illegally and seized them from the free market against national law. They are, quite frankly, absolute lunatics. I refer you to my recent speech.

We have acted only legally and with the democratic support of our people: they have not. Whether you disagree with our policies or not, they affect only this nation, who votes them in or out. It's democracy.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=353&start=0#p123268 < his speech
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:39 am

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to the World Congress:

We recognise and empathise with the problems the Dorvish government is having with the pestilence known as communism. Our early years in government were blighted with attempts to overthrow the establishment and bring about revolution based on a platform of lies.

However, we have moved swiftly to ensure they cannot plague our nation again. A rigid three-tier citizenship system, a ban on communist parties forming in Hulstria and a ban on trade unions (the crucible of social unrest) has nipped all problems in the bud.

Perhaps, as part of our long-term friendship with a fellow Dundorfian-speaking nation, we could send a working party to Dorvik to help you implement such a system, so you made bring to an end the lies, sedition and anarchy that follow communism like a foul smell."

“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:44 am

Psy Scott, President, CEO, and Sole proprietor of the Hyperion Corporation:
I do mean no harm when I say this, Ambassador,
but how do you think you'll get rid of Communism when you're just making it more relevant? Sure you may win now, but one day a party will come along that you won't be able to stop by acting the part of the oppressive bourgeois.
Blackshirts(Malivia)- Active
Blakshyrts(Aldegār)- inactive
Hyperion Corporate Authority (Hawu Mumenhes)- inactive
Carter Aaron Scott

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Dear Mr Scott,

We have eradicated communism in the Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria in so much as there has not been a party that has shown such sympathies in nigh on 45 years. Any party that attempts to establish itself in our country with such an ideology as its basis is immediately dissolved, as by law it has been decreed that it would fundamentally impair the democratic order set out in our constitution. Its members would be arrested and charged with sedition.

In addition, our three-tier system ensures that only certain people from certain backgrounds can form political parties or hold positions of power and these tend to be from backgrounds that naturally support the monarchy and the current political, social and economic system. Therefore, communism is neither relevant or a threat in our country – now or in the future.

I hasten to add, all these laws and constitutional amendments were voted in democratically and Hulstria is currently thriving under a two-party system with free and fair elections.

OOC: Relevant bills, for information:
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=534215
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=534108
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Ladies and Gentlemen are we gonna do something about Hulstria going AWOL again or are we gonna have another Hulstrian-Kazulian war on our hands?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:00 pm

Foreign Minister Patel,

It is rare to find two such primitive minds among the human race these days. But in both your predecessor, Ambasador Shree - who we all recall throwing his shoe across this chamber at the Pontesian delegate when he had lost an argument - and now yourself, we find that to be the case.

Is slow-wittedness part of the Malivian DNA? Or do you just wish to provoke conflict between other nations as a deliberate act of your barely sentient but ultimately childlike existence?

Anyone with a basic grasp of world affairs will know that we made our peace with the Kingdom of Kazulia many years ago in a sensible and civilised way and have fine relationships with all our neighbouring countries.

Perhaps you should resort to restricting your emotional outbursts to moments of climax in the seedy brothels you obviously inhabit to get any kind of gratification, and from whence you have obviously contracted mind-altering syphilis.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Arapaima13 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Omer Halilovic, Kalopian Foreign Minister

May I congratulate Hulstria for eradicating that hideous and most vile ideology, communism, that seeks to oppress and destroy. In response to the Malivian Ambassador's comment, let us not forget that the aggressive Kazulian foreign policy that was, for want of a better phrase, almost Istalian-esc in its self-righteous belief that it held the moral high ground. I am sure that without Kazulian meddling, that war shall not return to the North-West of Dovani.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

I find it intriguing that you show discomfort when faced with the prospect of facing a real metzing threat most unlike the ones that your kind keep spouting off. And you should know the reason you keep meeting people like Shree and me inside these walls of power is quite simple. My party looks at credentials and picks the most and I do mean the most anti-establishmentarian ones to sent here as a "FUCK THE POWER" statement. Also you didn't sign any peace treaties Mr. Otto others did it for you because your party of cowards wasn't in power it had disintegrated after the most pointless war in the last 100 years and I do say that taking into account the Jelbanian-Deltarian war. By the way how is your whore Queen doing because if it wasn't for her snatch the Kazulians would have taken over all of Hulstria so please have more respect for prostitutes my dear, you are ruled by one after all.

OOC:I don't think it needs to be said that this is rp and not aimed at stuntmonkey or anyone but if you think I went over anything tell me so I can edit this.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive