12th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Axxell » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Salvatore Puddu, Istalian Ambassador:

Ambassador Patel! Ambassador! Official Representative of the Malivian Government! What words! Wasted words! There are really ways and ways to express some concepts.
For example, we would like to ask to the Ambassador Halilovic if, when you said that Kazulia foreign policy was almost Istalian-esc, maybe you mean that Kazulia acted to defend itself and protect innocent and democracy from a militarist, violent and racial segregation based regime?
Well... In that case we can say that Kazulia foreign policy was almost Istalian-esc.
Said that, we really would like ask to Malivia if maybe it is not the case to change Ambassador in favor of a more poised diplomatic approach.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Mr. Salvatore he insulted every citizen I represent! How would respond if I said the things he said to you about your people?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Arapaima13 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:54 pm

Omer Halilovic

We recognise that Istalian Foreign Policy is built upon the want to maintain peace and prevent the destruction of democracy. Their sincere desire and wish to end conflict is to be admired, and examples throughout history - in particular this last century - can prove that. However, what I mean by Istalian-esc is that it this in practice, is done in a rather clumsy and aggressive manner that, rather than restores order to the situation, inflames it. Again this can be proved throughout the last century. Badara, Vorona, Jelbania and Deltaria.

As for the Malivian Ambassador's disgusting comments, I would say that his actions, and the actions of his predecessor, definitely do not go towards proving the Hulstrian Ambassador wrong. Whilst I would not suggest that Malivians were in anyway slow-witted, I would also mind that it is nonsensical for you to continue chucking fuel onto the fire, by being so obscene, and making the scenario worse.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 am

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to the World Congress:

I certainly do not wish to add any more fuel to the fire. I am quite certain Foreign Minister Patel's foul mouth is capable of producing all the incendiary outbursts this Assembly can handle on its own, anyway.

However, I must pick up on a couple of points.

Firstly, Minister Patel seem to be re-writing history in his usual ham-fisted way. It was, in fact, my party - The Royal Hulstrian Party - that signed peace accords with the Kazulian government, we did not disintegrate and for the record have held power for most of the last four decades.

Secondly, we thank Ambassador Halilovic for his kind words and observations but we are somewhat surprised by the Istalian Ambassador's mock incredulity in response to the use of the term Istalian-esc in the way Kazulia conducted the war with us.

After all, Ambassador Puddu, weren't your secret service agents rife in our country at the time of the conflict trying to bring about regime change? Therefore, it is not too much of a stretch to believe they were liaising directly with the Kazulian government of the time and helping to co-ordinate their approach to the war.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Axxell » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:31 pm

Salvatore Puddu, Istalian Ambassador:

Ambassadoe Zunke,
I would remember you that my Government already responded on such allegations declaring that the Istalian Government has never conducted such operations in Hulstria.
We pointed out your attention on the fact that at the time the rebels in eastern Hulstria were in contact with several indipendent groups at the time based in Kalopia during the troubles caused by the Thallerist Hegemony. If there were istalian citizens in Hulstria, sure they were there on their own, maybe communist militias or other kind of terroristic organizations.
We can assure you that Istalia is always in first line to combact international terrorism, and that if never our Justice should discover an istalian citizen involved in such activities, he will be judged and condamned for his actions under the istalian laws.
Then, we would underline the fact that between Istalia and Kazulia since several decades, there are a situation of zero relationships and unrecognition. Unlikely could there be contacts between Skalm and Romula.

Thank you
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Corvo Attano » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:51 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Oi fellow representatives Hulstria is going full on totalitarian shouldn't we do something about that?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Members of the Assembly,

I find Minister Patel's interventionist approach and obsession with Hulstrian national sovereignty and policy-making very disturbing and very sad. Is the halfwit now taking a leaf out of his imperialist Istalian puppet master's book, like a pet may mimic its owner?

We have already put in one complaint to the Malivian government over his actions, language and threats - but, apparently, they let this brute loose and then find it difficult to get him back on his leash.

“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 pm

Psy Scott, President, CEO, and Sole Proprietor of the Hyperion Corporation:
*Heard in passing conversation*
You know, I find it quite intriguing how nations can spend months arguing over the technicals of a nations policy while I spent about two months turning an entire city of about 100,000 people into thin air.
Blackshirts(Malivia)- Active
Blakshyrts(Aldegār)- inactive
Hyperion Corporate Authority (Hawu Mumenhes)- inactive
Carter Aaron Scott

Postby stuntmonkey » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Gathered members of the Assembly,

I think it is quite clear that we are all gravely concerned about the situation in Ostland - a lesser-developed nation that neighbours Hulstria and is a former province of the Greater Hulstrian Reich.

The spread of the deadly Wolfsheim Disease across the third world has reached epidemic level, and Ostland being at is epicentre means that the rule of law is breaking down. We also have a growing refugee crisis on our border as a direct consequence.

Therefore our government suggests that we - Hulstria - send in a peace keeping force to take control of the apparatus of government in Ostland and bring law and order to the nation. We will then work with aid agencies and other organisations such as the Cancon corporation - who are currently researching a vaccine in New Endralon - to ensure the health and safety of citizens. It will also help to ensure the disease does not spread to the more developed nations of Dovani, such as our own, Kazulia or Sekowo.

We ask for the World Congress' blessing in the endeavour. Given our proximity to the problem we are much better equipped to send in a task force rather than wait endless week or months for the Security Council to put together an international force and travel there. I would welcome your feedback.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Psy Scott, President, CEO, and Sole Proprietor of the Hyperion Corporation:

I concur. If there is anything the Hyperion Corporation or the Pantheon Foundation can provide,
we would be happy to oblige. It is of the upmost importance that we protect the rule of law and stop the spread of diseases which would ravage our world.
Blackshirts(Malivia)- Active
Blakshyrts(Aldegār)- inactive
Hyperion Corporate Authority (Hawu Mumenhes)- inactive
Carter Aaron Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive