12th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby cm9777 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:40 am

Deltarian Prezident Norbert Von Thaller

We thank the Trigunian Government for its support. Our two nations have always been close and it is my intention that this strong friendship will continue to stand the test of time.
cm9777

Postby Axxell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:17 am

Salvatore Puddu, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
first of all let me congratulate with the victorious forces of Deltaria, the forces of democracy which, also without the large support offered, by the Majatran Alliance as well as by Trigunia, humiliated the autocrat of Jelbania and his unacceptable attempt to reclaim a country like if we are talking about a private property.
No country are and can be considered as a private property, nor by Kings or Dynasties, nor by Individuals or Corporations. This for a very simple motivation: a nation first of all is the home of a people and the lands, the rivers, the seas, the mountains and the plains belong to the people which lives in. The people of a nation is not a resource of that nation, we are not talking about ore resources or livestock, which can be sell together with a land!
For this reason we have to expose our position, that is: the agreement between the Hyperion Corporation and the Government of Dalibor cannot be considered as valid, because a Government can sell assets and estates of the Government, like land and property, historical building, state owned companies, credit and debt of the nation, the national domain, precious metals reserves and so on, but it is not possible "sell" a nation! It is not possible "sell" an entire people! It is not possible "sell" its institution, its values and principles!
For this reason Istalia cannot recognize any claim by part of the Hyperion Corporation, which we invite to retire its forces from Dalibor, because we connot recognize to Hyperion any right on that nation and on its people and institutions. We are not saying that Hyperion, as corporations, should left the markets in Dalibor or to oppose any involvement into the Dalibor's economy like any other corporations, not at all, but Hyperion cannot defend with a private army and with the force of the weapons a deal which cannot be considered valid, legally first of all, and also ethically, because the "sale of Dalibor" was etablished with a Government expression of a political party which has never hidden to be a political actor linked to Hyperion and which operates, financially supported, to promote and protect the interests of the Hyperion Corporations.
We suggest that, in case of necessity, an international forces will be send in Dalibor to securize the nation and that an international committee will be charged to organize and oversee new elections, new elections where to each party will be graanted equal space and possibility to present themself before the Dalibor's people during an election campaign. But we think also that the international community should promote the improvement of the International Common Law to officially recognize that a nation cannot be considered as a commodity for sale, or like a private property for an individual as well as an organization, and that the fate of a nation lies on the hand only of its own people.

Thank you
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Kubrick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Dnkai Aldrkaisrmo Jrz, Vanukean Ambassador to the World Congress

Members of the World Congress, for many years the Kingdom of Vanuku has avoided this wretched place. All that is sown here is imperialism and interventionism, the two tools that hammer on the sovereignty of nations across the globe. The "moral" preachers of Terra, the knights of the "right way" stand here before you and brandish these immense lectures. For what? The interests of the people across this world? No! For their own agenda. It is people helping their own interests and their friends by claiming they are doing it because it is "right". Let me tell you, ladies and gentlemen, the "right way" does not exist. We are all imprisoned by our own views, our own perspective. For years we have condemned this place, with proper reasons on our side, but now we are back to show all these opportunists that not all nations on Terra will stand idly by as the world is corrupted by their malice!

The Kingdom of Vanuku condemns Istalia for their statement.
The Kingdom of Vanuku condemns this private enterprise named Hyperion for their warmongering.
The Kingdom of Vanuku condemns Jelbania for their foolish campaign.
The Kingdom of Vanuku condemns Trigunia for claiming to do what is right out of sole personal interest.
The Kingdom of Vanuku condemns Deltaria for their continued hatred against the Jelbic peoples.
The Kingdom of Vanuku condemns Maliva for their disgusting statements over a dead monarch.

The Kingdom of Vanuku will stand strong against the inherent corruption of Terra, in name of His Gracious Majesty King Temrkai Banmek-Sntazed.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

In other news bears still shit in the woods, the sky is blue and Vanuku got infected by the political bravado virus.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Carter Aaron Scott » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Psy Scott, President, CEO, and Sole Proprietor of the Hyperion Corporation:
I applaud the kingdom of Vanku for their strong statements.
Blackshirts(Malivia)- Active
Blakshyrts(Aldegār)- inactive
Hyperion Corporate Authority (Hawu Mumenhes)- inactive
Carter Aaron Scott

Postby Axxell » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:38 pm

Salvatore Puddu, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Just a question Ambassador Dnkai Aldrkaisrmo Jrz,
can I ask what are you doing, and what is doing Vanuku, indeed, by delivering such list of judgment? Obviously all of us here should consider the Vanuku's statements as not driven by its interests or its geopolitical positions, or maybe by the ambitions of its head of the state? Right?
Ok... but a part its "judgements", Vanuku has nothing to say about the crisis in Dalibor?
And just another thing... why we should say nothing about your Khan who declares us as "corrupt"? Or, rather, why this organization should give credence to allegations based on the opinions from an individual among hundreds, of heads of the state and government, or among billions, of human beings?
Or we are "corrupts" just because we fail to adeguate ourself to the geopolitic vision of Vanuku? Sorry, we "dare" not to share the same geopolitic vision of Vanuku.
Finally, we think that the delegation from Vanuku could be able to express its positions and statements without insulting anyone, as well as we are sure that also the collegues of Malivia can do the same, especially avoiding the most trivial expressions.

My delegation will take note of this intervention from Vanuku hoping to see in future some more usefull and concrete proposals.

Thank you for you time.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Arapaima13 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Omer Halilovic, Kalopian Foreign Minister

I believe that the statement read out by the Honourable Ambassador from Vanuku really encapsulates the source of the problem within this World Assembly. Every nation that enters these halls believes that it is the one with the righteous and correct international vision. And perhaps it is right that this should be the case, but if that is so, then there is no need to have such a Chamber as this, and we should disband it immediately.

However, our government believes that this should not be the case. We support working with other respectable nations in achieving global progress for our peoples. For we now have an opportunity to put the Deltarian-Jelbanian War and indeed other conflicts aside in order to achieve development. Naturally this shall not be easy: it appears that many Majatran and Jelbic nations have already been lost to their own pursuit for their own international vision. However, for those who remain: the Istalians, the Malivians, the Deltarians, and the Trigunians, to name a few who have recently contributed to debate, I say that we should unite under an international banner for the betterment of Terra.

I would also hereby call for the removal of the Hyperion Corporation from these halls, and to limit the World Assembly to the governments of nations, and to the opposition parties of nations. My party is strongly for deregulation within the market because we believe that businesses are better at business. Well the same applies in contrast: governments are better at governing, and for that reason the Mr Scott has no place within a hall devoted to political debate rather than profit making.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby General.M » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Tóth Kálmán, representative of the Confederation of New Endralon, Kizenia and Kuzaki.
I won't respond to the insults from Malivia to Jelbania and Vanuku, which is a show of terrible diplomatic qualities. Nor will I respond to the the proposal of Hyperion to make a international peaceforce controlled by Hyperion or the Istalian proposal for intervention in Dalibor which can only lead to more problems. Nor will I use my energy to respond to the odd accusitions of Vanuku over imperialism in the World Congress or the condemnation of everything that Vanuku can think of.

I, however, would like to attent the World Congress to the fact that Dorvik is trying to acquire nuclear weapons and that they are making good progress. This worries my government as Dorvik tries to harm the current balance of power. Some years ago the Security Council tried to regulate the usage of nukes. Unfortunetaly this failed but our government still feels that something should happen. The main question is: 'why does Dorvik need nukes?' Nobody has threatend Dorvik as far I know. Nor is Dorvik in unfriendly relations with any nuclear power. The Dorvisch minister of defence said:"We are only a target when we leave ourselves open." No, when you try to build nukes you make youself a target. Why does Dorvik want to put terra in danger with building extra nukes?
Libertären Partei (Dorvik)(inactive)
Republikeinse Partij / Rekvaknsé Prta (Vanuku)(inactive)
Alianța Liberalilor (New Endralon/Kizenia)(active)
Natsional'naya Liga Patriotov (Trigunia)(inactive)
General.M

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

The truth is like doing surgery to fix something ones assumes is very bad. It hurts but cures the illness in the long run. Lies and fake bravado are like pain killers. They give relief but have far reaching consequences. Whether I was vulgar when I said the truth or not is not up for debate, I assume we all agree on that answer. But I ask everyone here to tell me to my face if what I said was not right. I could act like regular diplomat among the myriad of diplomats here or say what everyone is thinking to speakers face. I chose the latter.

ooc: Should I put this in the particracy quotes?
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Arapaima13 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Omer Halilovic, Kalopian Foreign Minister

The issue of course with the Malivian Representative's analogy is that the patient tends to be under a general anesthetic during surgery. However, the sentiment is there and we applaud him for his truthfulness and honesty - which is more than can be said of other representatives.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive