13th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby stuntmonkey » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Message arrives for the Istalian delegation from Hulstrian Foreign Minister:

Once the Baltusians joined Istalia and Hutori in voting for Resolution 48, Hulstria and Ostland's ambassadors were banned from this organisation. Despite our offer to compromise it seems the brutish warmongering of Malivia and their friends has won the day. Ambassador Zunke is unable to speak here and negotiate a compromise until the decision is reversed. We respect the rules of the Assembly and will not breach them despite our desire to negotiate.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Arapaima13 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Omer Halilovic, Kalopian Foreign Minister

Kalopi-Siphina would like to remind Istalia that it is important for humans to exist for human rights to exist. Their treatment of Hulstria, and the continual politicising of this affair, puts the very existence of people into jeopardy. We believe the right to life is the first most sacramental human right, and currently each one of the Security Council is currently failing this, by failing to actually negotiate with Hulstria. You are all guilty of murder, and it is most unfortunate that due to your monopoly of international power, the international community cannot charge you for their murder, and your breach of the most significant human right of them all.

Thankfully your threat relating to totalitarian regimes receiving sanctions does not apply to a democratic nation such as Kalopi-Siphina, where any party is allowed to run for office, should they so wish, so I shall continue exercising our right to freedom of speech, something that has not been granted to Hulstria, and continue to bring to light the hypocrisy of the Security Council. Funnily enough, such a threat is rather totalitarian of Istalia themselves. Perhaps not on the domestic and national level, but rather on an international scale. Perhaps we should rename Terra, the Istalian Dictatorship of Terra, and allow it to be run by the Istalian Security Council and Istalian World Congress. Because I believe that is exactly what they just threatened, and let's face it, that is exactly what they want.

Further I am sure your threat about the "wrath of the Security Council" has got everyone worried - not. Since when has anyone ever been afraid of the Security Council? Point to a time where someone was breaching the Istalian Code of Conduct, or to the less learned, so-called International Law, and suddenly decided to backtrack because of the actions of the Security Council.
'I'm going to stop what I am doing because the Security Council are threatening me with scary sanctions and eerie embargoes,' - said no one ever.

The fact is, if anyone is totalitarian it is Istalia, and their hypocrisy in breaching Human Right Number 1 should be treated in accordance to how they say they should treat these nations who break the rules - Let Istalia suffer.

"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Axxell » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:00 pm

message from the Istalian Foreign Affairs

We are sorry, but it was not a menace, we wern't talking about Kalopi-Siphina. We were talking in figurative way, we were talking ideally to all the totalitarian and undemocratic regimes, and we can assure you that we consider Kalopi-Siphina as a democratic nations, which under the new leadership improved greatly the democracy and stabilty of Kalopia.
Well... Maybe at least we could reccomend more tact with the majatrans in Kalopia, the wantunians. However, we didn't recorded and we don't recognize form of repression, segregation or limitation of rights, indeed we would commend a law of few years ago which granted larger freedom, like in religious matters, for all the inhabitant of Kalopia.

We are sorry for this misunderstanding Ambassador Halilovic. As said the tone of the message wasn't directed to Kalopia.
And you have also to admit that we had no legal justification to condemn you.

OOC: :') It was not for Kalopia the menace ahahah
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby matthewleitch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Nathaniel White, Baltusian Ambassador to World Congress:

I think that Hulstria knows exactly what they have to do.

I simply say to them - stop your vast exercise of persecution of groups of people merely for their characteristics such as sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, language, religion, political opinion or social and personal status. Resolve your segregationist policy. Stop violently attacking medical staff in Ostland and Hulstria preventing the spread of this violent infection.

Let's work together and find a cure for this infection.
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby Phil Piratin » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:05 am

Wolfgang Weber, Dorvish Ambassador to the World Congress:

Anton Weinreich, the newly-elected President of the Dorvish Republic, has asked me to reassure the General Assembly that the international community has nothing to fear from a Communist-led government in Dorvik, and indeed, has much to be excited about. There will be a considerable degree of continuity in Dorvik's foreign policy, and Dorvik will remain committed to its international responsibilities as a Security Council member, and in particular, will remain committed to the international action with regards to Ostland which is currently being supported by the Security Council.

Our President also wishes those here to know that he is passionately committed to helping to build a Terra which is completely free from weapons of mass destruction. He opposed Dorvik's recent acquirement of nuclear weapons and it is his long-term ambition to see Dorvik's nuclear weapons arsenal completely dismantled, although political considerations are likely to make this difficult in the short-term. However, for the time being, he wishes to declare candidly that he can envisage no circumstances at all in which he would personally authorise the use of nuclear weapons.

Assembled delegates, the Dorvish government looks forward to working with its international partners to tackle the problems we can only solve through governments working together, such as conflict, poverty, disease and social injustice. The Dorvish government hopes especially to take a stand for the poor of the world, including those living in the third world nations which, sadly, are not even given any say at all in our Security Council elections. The Dorvish government is determined to ensure that the interests of the struggling masses of the world will never again go unrepresented in the proceedings of the Security Council.
Phil Piratin

Postby Axxell » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:59 am

Message from Istalian Foreign Ministry

Represemtatives of Terra's Nation,
The Government of Hulstria confirmed to the Istalian Government that they accept the compromises we proposed to them: viewtopic.php?f=26&p=124281&sid=231faf3103c37eae60fb2d7e06e877ea#p124238

Foor this reason, considering also the support from other members of the Security Council to our proposal, Istalia will consider the Resolutions mentioned suspended and so will accept that the delegation of Hulstria will rejoin the debate into the General Assembly.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Phil Piratin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 am

Phil Piratin

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 am

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to the World Congress:

My government welcomes news to suspend Security Council sanctions again Hulstria. It is our intention to work with the international community to allow scientists, research teams and medics into Ostland - under supervision from our armed forces who will ensure no danger comes to them. We will also share the research and experience we have collated so far, as we look to find a stable and effective for a vaccine.

Given this new era of co-operation, we hope that all individual nations who have established trade embargoes or otherwise with our country will repeal these decisions too as we declare them unwarranted.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:50 am

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Not a single vaccine manufactured in Malivia or Malivian crown will go to Hulstria or occupied Ostland.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:19 am

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to the World Congress:

To what effect, Ambassador Patel? Is it an attempt to exterminate everyone man, woman and child in Hulstria and Ostland? Do you really speak for your nation on this matter or, as is often the case with you, have you let your mouth run away again before thinking it through. Do you not realise to leave anyone without a vaccine, anywhere, is a danger to the whole of Terra!

I call on the Istalian ambassador to muzzle his pet and place him on a tight leash before all the progress we have made is undone.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive