13th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby colonelvesica » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Julia Winters
Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress

The World Congress Security Council is not beholden to the Hulstrian Government. We can just as easily enter Ostland through Kazullia or Sekowo. We will enter into Ostland and begin humanitarian efforts. If the Hulstrian government attempts to work against the Security Council Force, we will assume that the Hulstrians are merely trying to stop international aid from reaching Ostland. Further I have received assurances from my government; any effort on the Hulstrian government to impede the work of the World Congress Security Council in ending this crisis, will be met with force if necessary.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby lewiselder1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Anna Strauss, President of Dorvik, in a statement spoken aloud by Ada von Hertz:

We will provide the same support. I have also withdrawn all nuclear protection for Hulstria.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby stuntmonkey » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to World Congress:

I have a message from the Chancellor of my country, Leopold Nimitz -

Members of the Security Council,

With all support withdrawn I believe we have no need to mince our words, so I will dispense with the pleasantries forthwith and set out the reality of the situation for you.

While the World Congress and particularly the Big Five dithered - we took the initiative to try to contain the Oriental Disease. We were invited into Ostland and we have taken charge of this situation. I have made it clear that any attempt to enter Ostland must be through Hulstria and with our express permission, as it could severely hamper our ability to deal with this situation in an effective manner and could lead to an increase risk of spreading the plague.

Therefore, any attempt to enter Ostland through Kazulia or Sekowo, or by any other means, will be stopped in its tracks by our forces on the ground there (that are now considerable). It will also be viewed as an act of aggression towards our nation, and one that has put itself under our protection, the consequences of which are clear for all to imagine.

As we have a military defence pact with our neighbour Sekowo we shall also be in contact with the government there to ensure there help is in place.

We see this as a genuine attempt by the Security Council to block Hulstria's ability to expand its relationships, modernise and develop on the continent of Dovani because your ideologies do not chime with our form of government. We had come to expect it from Istalia but it is a pity to see the other Security Council nations taking this unjustified and selfish stance.

Leopold Nimitz, Reichskanzler of the Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria

“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 am

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Mr. Otto after deliberation my government has put a bill on the floor discussing the inherent problem that is your country and actions that will be taken against it.

So good luck Mr. Otto this maybe the last time I am allowed to formally address you as a non war criminal.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby lewiselder1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Anna Strauss, Dorvish President, through the Dorvish Ambassador:

You will not mince your words? I never mince mine.

You have threatened us, our allies and the peace. You refuse to comply with the WC in our attempts to deliver aid to suffering citizens. You have warned you will attack us if we enter Ostland, and we have no choice but to do so.

So let me make myself clear. I can take this statement as nothing but a clear declaration of war. And so I must respond by informing you that, unless you withdraw your comments and allow humanitarian aid to enter freely, we will treat it as such.

I appeal to the rest of the SC to do the same.

So, I guess I should make myself absolutely clear. Dorvik’s nuclear weapons are on high alert and we will respond to an invasion of Dorvik or crimes against humanity committed against your enemy with the utmost force. We will deploy our military to the Ostland in full force.

Thank you. It is a shame we must come to this. This is your final chance to comply with basic human decency, Reichskanzler.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:11 am

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to the World Congress:

Members of World Congress,

My government wants to go on record to utterly condemn Dorvish President Anna Strauss' threat of a unilateral and illegitimate nuclear attack on our nation.

To talk of nuclear annihilation is not only beyond reckless but also provides an existential threat to those neighbouring nations such as Sekowo, Kazulia, Drania and Ostland who may all be caught in the devastating fall out from such an attack.

Nevertheless, given the severity of the threat we feel we must act, not only to protect our nation but all those who surround us too in North Dovani. It is the responsible and right thing to do, despite our conviction that we are right in the kind of support and protection we are providing to the people of Ostland - a nation that requested our help.

Therefore, we call on Dorvik along with Istalia, their allies Malivia, Hutori and Indrala to hep us reach a compromise. We propose to arrange a conference with delegates from those nations at a neutral location, as soon as it can be arranged. The theme of the meeting will be to discuss creating a direct land corridor to offer safe passage for the WCHMO personnel who wish to travel into Ostland to offer aid and medication and how this can be best co-ordinated with our own forces on the ground there.

Gathered delegates, we encourage you take up this offer and drop plans to push ahead with Resolution 47 - as the outcome of any conflict is most uncertain. Whilst battle fleets gather in international waters, near to our coast and Dorvik points nuclear warheads in the direction of Hulstria, what can the total destruction of the Crownlands and its allies hope to achieve?

And given that Kazulia is undecided over offering support, and therefore this makes a land invasion route of our territory very uncertain, what cost to your armed forces if you decide to pursue a direct amphibious assault of our coastline?

I await your responses to our offer.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:20 am

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Mr. Otto I only express my nations opinion in saying that Malivia will not compromise. There will be only one conference where your nation submits to the will of the international community to leave Ostland and pay reparations for the damages and atrocities your nation committed. Anything less is spitting on the graves of the dead and the face of lady freedom.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby Axxell » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:59 am

Salvatore Puddu, Istalian Ambassador

As usual, the Hulstrians first attack and occupate and then, in a favorable position, demand for dialogue and for nagotiating. The Istalian response will be simple: Hulstria is a threat for ALL Dovani and for ALL the World. Hulstria cannot ask nothing at this point: you have only to respect the demands of the World Congress and of the Nations elected by almost 58 nations of Terra to protect human rights and protect the international community and other nations from the military threats and the abuses by part of rogue nations like Hulstria.
Change your ways and accomplish to the demands of the World Congress or suffer the conseguences.

And the conseguences, Ambassador Zunke, would be very serious and heavy for Hulstria. Do you really believe to be able to resists to the combined forces of the members of the Security Council which among them count three nations which can boast some of the most powerful armed forces of Terra?
The reckless leadership of the Hulstrian Empire will be bring only sufference to its own people! The time of the negotiation for us is over!

Said that, with no hope into the racist leadership of Hulstria, I would like send a message directly to the Hulstrian people, hoping that the Government authority will not censure it: the fate of your nation should be in your hand and not in the ones of your reckless dictatorial leaders and insane armed forces hierarchies, for the good of your own nation we invite you to act against your Government and put an end to ignoble and abhorrent regime which for too long time transformed and will transform even more Hulstria in a impoverished and ruined nations, an international pariah which will reduce itself in the miserable conditions and isolation of the Saridanese Far-Right regime as well as other well known rogue nations which for long time by now have even not the force to continue to spread their ignoble ideology facing the undefeatable and resolute opposition of the civilised world based on the respect of the Human Rights and the Democratic values. Istalia can assure you that all those who in Hulstria want to oppose to thier dictatorial and racist Government and want fight for the Liberty, the Democracy and the Human Rights, will find in Istalia an ally and we will do everything to support you.

Mr Zunke, it will be my personal interest to propose as soon as possibile the official WC Condemnation against Hulstria with which we will ask the suspension of Hulstria from this august body. It is not a secret: Istalia considers simply unacceptable and inappropriate continue to allow to representatives of nations like Hulstria to talk in this organization which objectives are totally opposite to the abhorrent ones that you horrifyingly spread without shame!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby cm9777 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:48 am

Ostlandian Delegate Michael Schwarz

The fact is that the International Community is too slow to act. When we asked for Hulstrian help, they came to help us straight away. To go against Hulstria shows you have no concern for this plague that has killed 80 million people in Dovani. Members of the assembly, Where were you when my people were dying in the streets?, were were you when millions of people across Dovani were suffering the same fate? You only acted because of political opportunism nothing more. For the good of all of us, could the Istalians just let us sort this out on our own? The security council is a corrupt and decadent organisation that only services the needs of a out of touch global elite. If you and your goons do come, Ostland will stand with its Hulstrian friends and beat you back. I understand that this will likely be the last words I speak here at least for the moment as we will probably be kicked out as well such is the way of this so called "open forum" that shuts up people that don't like the Security Council poking its nose into everything that a nation does.

Human Rights? A right to life might be a start if anyone were to seriously help out with the disease. We are sick of you bastards and your political squabbles. Either help us or leave us the hell alone! Your Liberty and Democracy is a lie
cm9777

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to the World Congress:

I think we have heard all we need to hear. Mr Schwarz has made it quite clear - OSTLAND DOES NOT WANT YOU! TURN YOUR F**KING FLEETS AROUND!

**** Re-composes ***** Ambassador Puddu, please, listen. Ostlanders are ready to stand up and fight if you try to enter their country. And we have pledged to stand with them. The only way this will end without the merciless slaughter of thousands will be if you take a step back from your war footing. We have offered you a reasonable compromise and now expect you to act in the interest of the nearly 60 countries you represent. Either that or let the history books reflect that you needlessly had the blood of many on your hands when you turned your back on peace.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive