13th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Phil Piratin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Desideria Lehrer, First Comrade of the Global Collective of Revolutionary Feminist Communists and Dorvish Communist Party activist, who achieved celebrity for her controversial protest against Leopold Nimitz at the Weinsedorf Bonfire Night:

On behalf of the Global Collective of Revolutionary Feminist Communists, I have presented the World Congress with a large number of testimony statements signed by 618 women whom Leopold Nimitz, the Hulstrian tyrant, has raped, sexually assaulted or behaved towards in a sexually inappropriate or sexist way. I urge the World Congress to thoroughly investigate this evidence, and if at all possible, ensure that this Monster of the Patriarchy is brought to justice for his crimes against women.

In addition to his appalling personal conduct, Nimitz has caused enormous harm and suffering to the women of Hulstria and Ostland due to the way he has conducted his government. Women are frequently discriminated against and mistreated. Legal abortion is almost impossible to access. Worst of all, the humanitarian crisis he has created has hurt girls and women the most, since they have borne the brunt of the impact from the disorder and the suffering.

In recognition of Nimitz's Crimes Against Women, I propose that the initial military assault on Hulstria should be carried out by a squadron of jet fighters and bombers, using an all-female team of pilots. Nimitz has gotten away with enough against women already. It would be a symbolic justice if women were now given the opportunity to give this beast a powerful kick up his ugly arrogant fascist male chauvinist ass.
Phil Piratin

Postby Zanz » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Dnkai Aldrkaisrmo Jrz, Vanukean Ambassador to the World Congress

The Kingdom of Vanuku wishes to make it known that it shall not recognize the legitimacy of Resolution 48 currently being voted upon by the Security Council, and our ties with Hulstria shall continue to grow upon the basis of a new Vanuku-Hulstria Mutual Aid and Co-operation Pact.

The allegations of an invasion of Ostland by Hulstria are false. Hulstria was invited to occupy Ostland in an effort to quell the devastation of a disease unprecedented in modern times. Hulstria is doing the work of God and is condemned by the greediest of men. For shame on the Security Council, and for shame upon those who would starve the people of Hulstria who are doing all that they can to aid their ailing neighbors.
Just a bunch of shit.
Zanz

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Julia Winters
Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress

I have been informed by my government that the construction of Fort Brett Hawkins has been completed and we echo the sentiments of Cancon to coordinate all of our efforts and research into finding an end to the Wolfsheim Plague. We are calling on all international partners, allies and nations to come together to find a cure or vaccine to the single greater threat to the human race in modern times.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby stuntmonkey » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to World Congress:

Following consultation with my government I am now in a position to update the Assembly. We are able to confirm that several cases of the plague have been detected in South East Hulstria despite our best efforts at containment. We are therefore as much at the mercy of this disease as any nation.It is our intention to pool our own findings with the international community in an attempt at finding a vaccine with no further stipulations and are open to further concessions in terms of delivering aid to Ostland.

However we echo the words of our new military ally Vanuku, one of Terra's greatest powers, in that we do not recognise the legitimacy of Resolution 48 and this is an area in which we cannot compromise.
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Axxell » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Salvatore Puddu, Istalian Ambassador

We will respond exclusively to only one thing, Istalia will leave to other to "plaesure" to talk extensively to Hulstria.

Ambassador Zunke,
do you not recognize the Resolution 48? This organization was founded indeed just because no more this or that nation will be authorized to consider itself above the other nations and in the position to say "I don't recognize this or that demand from the International community".
Almost 58 nations voted to chose who must represent them into the Security Council, supporting the international policy proposed by these nations, because they well know that these nations can enforce the international law and fight against nations like you and against the crimes of which you are guilty!

"I don't recognize" it doesn't mean anything, it is a declaration simply worthless. The only way to impose your will it is the violence and the threat fo the arms. Menaces for the entire world which voted for the Security Council to contrast nations like you.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby stuntmonkey » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Otto Zunke, Hulstrian Ambassador to World Congress:

Ambassador Puddu,
Let me put it another way - we simply cannot comply with the recommendations of Resolution 48, therefore the only way Security Council can impose their will on us in relation to this resolution is through violence, which we would resolutely defend against to preserve our national sovereignty. But we sincerely hope it will not come to that.

However, in the name of peace we wish to elaborate on our original point: our government believes that given the spread of the plague in parts of our nation we were hasty in not co-operating in line with Resolution 46 and attempting to contain the disease through a settlement burning and segregation policy. Therefore, we wish to throw our whole-hearted support behind Resolution 49 - the implementation of a Terra Health International Authority. We are able to share our valuable findings with this body and would be proud to play a role in developing a universal vaccine and in stopping the spread of the disease to other nations.

Subsequently, we would also be willing to look at our Citizenship Classification programme once this emergency is dealt with and show our wiling to work with the world community on issues that concern them about our country. But a vaccine must come first.

“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby Corvo Attano » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Jaswinder Patel Minister of Foreign Affairs and liaison to the General Assembly from Malivia,

Never mind your stupid demands Otto (which by the way Malivia will not abide any agreement of compromise with your nation) I just got a phone call from a colleague in Malivia! We have started fielding a prototype version of a vaccine! Praise the overworked scientists and hope the vaccine works as indented.
Fatherland Front

Nationmaster of Malivia
Corvo Attano

Postby lewiselder1 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Wolfgang Weber, Dorvish Ambassador to the WC:

We shall always believe in the superiority of a WC vote to the will of a nation without morals. Your "not recognizing" it means nothing. The Resolution overrules this, and the SC and the WC is well within its rights to enforce its Resolutions. That's... kind of the point.
I go by Ashley now and use she/her pronouns. This is a really old account, I don’t play now.

I was a mod in classic for a bit, then I helped make Marcapada and WM there for a while. As of 2020 I’m co-ordinating Pachapay’s development.
lewiselder1

Postby Arapaima13 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Omer Halilovic,

Kalopi-Siphina is disappointed that this World Congress has become all talk and no action. I would echo the words of my President, and that is you are all guilty of homicide.
By creating this into a political spat with Hulstria, each and everyone of you has extended the misery of the people of Ostland, and the rest of Dovani. By extending this, you allowed the disease to spread to more developed nations. For nations who have money and power to argue about military action in Hulstria when they should be finding a cure is most disturbing.

Let us take, for example the idiocy of the Malivian Representative. She says that she will not listen to a single one of Hulstria's compromises despite the fact that Hulstria said that they are willing to reevaluate their classification program so long as a cure comes first. How stupid is she. Why can none of you, just for a second, forget this pointless shit you are stirring up, and work together. Why are the very people who say they fight for greater internationalism the ones who are tearing it apart?

As someone who is from a nation that has in the last century been run by both a Thallerist and a Communist regime, I can say that the people in Ostland don't care who is in charge so long as they are getting food on their table everyday and that they have not been killed by the disease. So why doesn't the World Congress for the first time in its whole existence stop pretending to be a political body, and start being a body that helps others regardless, and works with others regardless. One which puts the priority of the common person first, and not the priority of the nations who run it.

Sadly this will not be the case. Why? Because Istalia, Dorvik, Malivia, Hutori, Baltusia, are all bureaucratic, working class hating imperialists who care only for the advancement of their own nation. I ask them to prove me wrong, by forgetting this petty feud with Hulstria, and actually doing something good for once.
"Sometimes the people you think you hate actually turn out to be alright."
Federal Democratic Party: Dolgava, Since 4350
RP Team / General RP Coordinator
Arapaima13

Postby Axxell » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 pm

Message from the Istalian Foreign Ministry

Now Hulstria has to decide. These are very generous concessions for a nation guilty of I don't know how many infringments of the Human Rights.
We hope also not to be any more obbliged to here other void and poor populistic statements...
The World Congress not politicized... what do you think that the elections exist for what? And what do you think how worked until now the World Congress? How to defend the Democracy and the Human Rights without strongly support them, TAKING THEIR SIDE WITHOUT COMPROMISES and condemning the barbaric actions of totalitarian and rogue nations like Hulstria?
But the problem is just this: we live in a disgusting world were it is considered as a mere politicization the defence and the promotion of the Human Rights, like if the Human Rights are like an ideology to which oppose other options. But it is not the case! So, stop to poison us with idiocy! There are no other options! The Human Rights shall be respected by everyone. STOP!
Don't you want? Let die in isolation and economic fail sinked by embargos and sanctions or, worste, let face the wrath of the Security Council! There are no legittime governments when they are formed and supported by criminals! And no people that support such regimes are worthy of mercy! So, we invite for the future any other disgusting totalitarian or rogue nations to avoid to talk about the poor citizenship of their nations who are starving for the sanctions. They deserve to suffer together the Regime they support! It si simple!

But now, if we decided for a compromise it is only for the survival of the human beings of Terra, just for this!

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7668&p=124236#p124236

The ball is in the hands of Hulstria now!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive