16th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

16th General Assembly Session

Postby Kubrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 16th General Assembly Session, which lasted from 4342 to 4355.

Honoured Attendees,

My name is Cavr Shakír, a senior member of the Greater Nationalist Party and former Prefect of the Kingdom of Vanuku. I stand before you today with a plea for help, a plea for world peace.

The current cabinet has struck an illegal deal with the Solentian government and is underway to transport 150 nuclear warheads to their nation aboard submarines. This sale, not discussed by parliament, has been dubbed the 'rogue deal' in our nation by all bar the ruling cabinet. A sale of such importance requires a two-thirds majority, one the cabinet does not have. Furthermore it violates not only the integrity of our nation but also the much coveted treaty with Istalia! World peace is on a bare tread as these 'revolutionaries' force an even bigger conflict upon this world.

The King of Vanuku has used his royal veto to veto this 'rogue deal' but we fear his authority may be refused by the rebellious warmongerers. Therefore we call upon the World Congress and all nations that yearn for peace to intervene. Deploy your navies, locate the submarines and refuse them to travel anywhere near Solentia. Right now they are confused, as their King tells them one thing and the cabinet another. Their location is known. Please, for all of Vanuku and the world, act and save this tragedy.

Cavr Shakír, Vanukean diplomat.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Re: General Assembly

Postby Govenor12 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Dear members of the General Assembly,

i am sorry but whom does this representative claim to represent? According to the Vanukean Government he has no mandate to represent Vanuku, because the Greater Nationalist Party is not even in government nor is there any judicial argument which supports the statement that the Vanukean government could requiere a 2/3-majority. We refer the hounrable man to the Beiteynu-Istalia deal in which both countries agreed upon a substential military deal without the permission of the Beiteynuese parliament.
Furthermore the deal was struck now three years ago and suddenly there is an uproar. After three long years. This is laughable and questionable.
The Vanukean experts have helped us and trained our people and have returned back. It is true that we tried to buy two additional submarines and they have not reached us. However two submarines are fully opertational and under our control and are manned with our man trained by Vanukean experts for two years and stationed within our waters.

We hereby declare that we do not wish to buy two addtional submarines which are already on the way but are pleased with the two we have already under our control with the said 160 nuclear bombs.

History has already cast its verdict: Too late.

Foreign Minister of Solentia, Andreas Winter
Govenor12

Postby Kubrick » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Honoured Attendees,

To answer the Foreign Minister, who I must say I respect for flying in solely to answer my plea, this is very much an active affair. (OOC: Since the player you made this "deal" with has not made an IC bill nor informed anyone I could only find out by accidentally pressing on the Solentian news, therefore I request to make time fluid in this RP so all players involved can have a change to RP with it.) I represent world peace, stability and the interests of Vanuku's absolute monarch, Minister, who is very much the ruler of the Kingdom of Vanuku as per the laws of our nation. Furthermore, Minister, you may very well refer to ancient deals between Beiteynu and Istalia and inform us they never passed it through parliament but I would raise the issue that a former dictatorship can not be compared to a parliamentary kingdom like Vanuku. In our nation we discuss, we debate and we find compromises, perhaps this is hard to grab for a man who is a member of a literal fascist party.

History is never too late to cast a verdict, you do not decide the end day of the world. Once again, stand together against giving fascist rogue states nukes! Protect the peace of the world!

Cavr Shakír, Vanukean diplomat.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Govenor12 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:29 am

Dear members of the General Assembly,

we thank the representative of the Vanukean King for its opinion and valuable input. It is not our job to get involved with Vanukean internal problems but we as government of Solentia followed the rules and regulations of Vanuku and the international accpeted example of the Istalian-Beiteynuese deal:

1. Beiteynu was at the time of the deal not a dictatorship. Democracy has been reintroduced and all discriminative laws had been abolished for 10-15 years ago at that point. I refer the gentlemna to the era of the Dienesman administration which vigorously cleaned up Beiteynu. This era was then followed by the Anarcho-capitalists which are the very opposite of dictatorship. There is no evidence to suggest that Beiteynu has been in any way a dictatorship and consequently the government could decide on arms deals. Furthermore even the Istalian government, the symobol of democracy, did not vote on the deal and there is no evidence to suggest that it has/had to do it, esepcially not in Vanukean law or in international law for that matter. (OOC: RP rules).
Additionally according to the titel of your king he is not commander in chief of the armed forces, so the conclusion my government has drawn was very simple: Do the deal with the responsible minister.

2. To sum up: In parliamentarian kingdom the parliament empowered the government to do what it wants and there is no rule,titel, constitution which speaks against that. My government has talked, debated and found a compromise with your government as the empowered representative of the people. Our compromise is very clear, we will not press on to want the two additonal submarines but simply keep what we have bought and received (two submarines and 160 nuclear bombs on it).

Foreign Minister of Solentia, Andreas Winter

OOC: I google the words "Solentia" and "nuclear" nearly every day and believe that is my responsibility to find out any developments which are important. Furthermore it is the nature of such deals that they are done more or less secret.
Govenor12

Postby menkiller755 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Dear members of the General Assembly

My name is Pravoslav Kozár and i am here to represent the Deltarian SU opposition party. I come here before you to address the desperate situation of the Deltarian people. For over 4 decades our nation has been abused, oppressed and deprived of our democracy by the Thaller Czar's. While initially the intend for this monarch was simply to become a symbol just like many of your own nations have a symbolic king or queen that respects the democracy and freedom of their nations.

Our Czar's have done nothing of the sort. With the help of their proxy party " Modrá Thalleristická Aliancia" they have reduced Deltaria's democracy to nothing and practically put the Czar as an Absolute monarch on his throne. With the most recent monarch Nikolai the 1st things have not become better. You could even say they have become worse. The brother of our party leader was even arrested by the czarist regime because of "disloyalty towards the crown" and the democracy has been undermined at every turn by the Czar and his party. People are getting arrested for speaking out, the media gets supressed when they even speak 1 vile word about the czar. This situation cannot persist. The Czarist regime can pretend themselves to be all for democracy and freedom but their actions suggest otherwise. They have upped the duration of an elective term to over 72 months! Only to keep a hold on power. Our last election only had a 16% turn out because as you could have guessed. The Modrá Thalleristická Aliancia was one of the only party's people could choose from. And the Czar himself even has the official title "His Imperial Majesty The Czar and Autocrat of All Deltarians Nikolai I Von Thaller" calling himself Autocrat suggesting that the man even calls himself a dictator without remorse.

We are done with the killing, we are done with the hiding and we are done with the czarist dictator. In an attempt to end this tyranical reign we stand here in front of the General Assembly today. We do not want blood. We do not want more suffering. And therefor we call upon all democratic nations in the world to take a stance. To stand for democracy and freedom and pressure this czar to abdicate and his government to resign and give the people of Deltaria the chance to reinstate the democracy we once held dearly. Give us a chance to be free again without the need to spill more blood.

I thank you in the name of the Deltarian people.

Pravoslav Kozár,
International spokesperson for the SU
menkiller755

Postby cm9777 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 am

Miloslaw Masur, Czar’s Honorable Prime Minister of Deltaria

Members of the General Assembly. These lies spread by the opposition know no bounds. Deltaria has the most liberalised economy in Majatra with the exception of the tribal monstrosity of The Jelbeks. Our people are able to speak out and protest as well as form paramillitary groups.Note that the opposition has set up their own paramillitary with the objective of deposing the Czar and we have not moved against them. No one has been arrested for simply speaking out and the opposition leaders brother committed treason and threatened our Czar. He did not just criticise the Czar. It’s not our fault that Deltarians had no one else to vote for but us, The other parties practically disbanded and even when they were around l, the BluebThallerists consistently were the largest party showing the people’s confidence in us. Should we lose the next election, the opposition will be able to fill out their own cabinet and govern as the Czar can only intervene in emergencies as per his role as a constitutional monarch. The title he bears is historic with other Czars in the past. It is shameful that the opposition is spreading such lies so they can get international help. I hope the general assembly realises this open and public attempt to seize power.
cm9777

Postby menkiller755 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:47 am

Members of the General Assembly,

As we have told you honorouble members the government of Deltaria lives under the illusion that they are the most free and democratic government on our planet.
The things we have adressed in the name of the Deltarian people are not falsehoods or lies. They are facts. Facts that we would rather not have had in our nation but unfortunately we do.

They praise themselves for having a great liberalised economy. We do not deny this. But what goes side by side with this liberal economic policy is continuous human rights abuse.
Then there is the right to form paramilitary's which has only been beneficial to the government itself until this point. They have a private army now. Loyal to only them and ready oppress the people further.

I must admit. The government of Deltaria must have some real courage to come here today. "showing the people's confidence in us" What a lie. 16% turnout and winning an election because of it only means you had 16% of the people behind you with the rest being to beaten up, oppressed and abused to even go to a voting booth.

Honorouble members. I sincerely hope you can see through the lies of this dictatorial government. They try to justify their actions but even in their own statements they show their real intentions. "with the exception of the tribal monstrosity of The Jelbeks" judge yourself my fellow diplomats.

We will say this again. We do not want to seize power. We want the true democracy to be restored and this insulting "Autocrat of all deltarians" to abdicate. Our party would be happy to be in the opposition of a democratic and free nation where ALL citizens actually felt free.

I thank you all.

Pravoslav Kozár,
menkiller755

Postby Maxington » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Magnus Kristoffersen, Kazulian Ambassador to the World Congress
As it stands unless valid information reinforced by evidence can be produced by the representative from the SU, we cannot act. However, if the SU is to produce fact driven information reinforced by hardcore evidence, we will be more than willing to launch an investigation into the situation. However, as it stands both parties are creating an unclear image for the international community.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Reddy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:03 pm

Beije Eksandr Genzisrmko Vrn, Jelbek Ambassador to the World Congress:

I challenge the SU spokesman P. Kozar to a duel elsewise he should take back his insults directed towards the Khanate of Jelbania! ((Laughs and then proceeds)) Seriously though, our nation has rapidly civilised over the past several years and should no longer serve as some kind of trope. The situation in Deltaria deeply concerns the Khanate as a brotherly neighbour. We hope for a peaceful settlement of the political dispute.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Postby menkiller755 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Reddy wrote:Beije Eksandr Genzisrmko Vrn, Jelbek Ambassador to the World Congress:

I challenge the SU spokesman P. Kozar to a duel elsewise he should take back his insults directed towards the Khanate of Jelbania! ((Laughs and then proceeds)) Seriously though, our nation has rapidly civilised over the past several years and should no longer serve as some kind of trope. The situation in Deltaria deeply concerns the Khanate as a brotherly neighbour. We hope for a peaceful settlement of the political dispute.

Mr. Genzisrmko we would like to make clear that the statement (""with the exception of the tribal monstrosity of The Jelbeks") came not from us but from the Deltarian government. It was a quote on their response to us. We would like you to not associate our party to those vile words as we are fundamentaly against the discrimination and demotion of any person.

In addition we would like to announce to this Assembly that our party the SU will await the upcoming Deltarian election. We will give our government the chance to organize free and fair elections in our nation. If the election appears to be rigged by the Czar and/or his party we will take immediate action to once again condemn the regime and will stand before all of you once more if necessary. We can assure Kazulia and their ambassador that we can present clear evidence of the human rights abuse in our nation if necessary. But for now we will await the upcoming election and give the Czar and his party one last chance to organize them fairly and freely.

Pravoslav Kozár,
menkiller755

Next

Return to Sessions Archive