20th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly

Postby Sisyphus » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:04 pm

Baron Jebr Skronores, Vanukean Ambassador to World Congress:

Mr General Secretary, Members of the General Assembly,

I wish to inform you that the Kingdom of Vanuku has launched a series of military operations in southern Jelbania against Grand Principality of Deltaria and Katonid Khanate forces currently occupying that territory.

Despite many warnings from our government, Deltaria has continued to build up its military in this territory and has constructed permanent fortifications and infrastructure over the last few months. It is our strong conviction that Deltaria is paving the way to annex southern Jelbania and integrate the occupied territory into its own nation. This is clearly unacceptable.

Unfortunately, despite our continued warnings the World Congress was unable to take the necessary action to reprimand Deltaria or to force it to withdraw through sanctions or threat of force. In fact, the only resolutions put on the table would have created an international defensive buffer around the occupied territory, thus safeguarding their position considerably while allowing them time to continue the internal assimilation process unchecked.

Additionally, Deltaria was forced out of the Majatran Alliance because of its continued military encroachment into Jelbania but, unfortunately, no further action was taken by this body either. This has allowed Deltaria to grow in confidence and believe nothing would be done to oust them from their position.

With no other options, Vanuku has been forced to launch a major land, air and naval campaign. The objective of this military operation is to succeed in forcing Deltaria to withdraw its forces completely from Jelbanian territory and return the country to the native people of the Jelbek Steppe. Only then can we hope to have peace in Jelbania.

We, therefore, ask that nations wake up from their apathy and assist us by putting diplomatic pressure on Deltaria - demonstrating that they are fast becoming a global pariah, that sanctions will be considered and if they do not withdraw by their own volition, many of their troops will needlessly die.
Sisyphus

Postby cm9777 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:12 am

Valentin Preda, Deltarian Ambassador to the World Congress

Members of the Assembly,

What we have just seen is the beginning of an invasion from Vanukean forces. We had constructed fortifications to prepare for its inevitability but the violation of sovereign rights still remains. We can announce that our fortifications are indeed doing their jobs and making these war loving jingoistic Vanukeans pay dearly for every inch of ground they take. The Majatran Alliance is full of corrupt kleptocrats which has been made obvious by the exit of nations showing it is not fit to dictate the destiny of the continent any longer. We strongly advise you do not listen to these War-Worshipping Vanukeans and instead promote a peaceful and prosperous relationship with Deltaria.
cm9777

Postby Martinulus » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Hupold, Graf Michels, Foreign Minister of the United Imperial Crownlands of Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Mr President, Honourable Members of the General Assembly,

This year, the United Imperial Crownlands are celebrating the 1000th anniversary of the September Revolution, which brought an end to a long era of recurring strife between the Hulstrian and Kunihito peoples of the Crownlands and set us on the way to a common future. This auspicious event makes it all the more grave that I feel forced to come before you to intercede on behalf of Kunihito who still find they are being denied this shared future in a nation to which we have a close historical kinship and which rejoiced with the rest of the Crownlands at the success of the September Revolution.

I am speaking, of course, of Ostland-Touryou. As delegates might be well aware, the government of Ostland-Touryou has since the overthrow of the Independent Crownland of Ostland-Touryou, the first multi-ethnic state in Ostland for centuries, returned to disenfranchisement and stepped up discrimination of the Kunihito. They have even used language that leaves a bad taste in my mouth and the memory of the dark days of the Nimitz Regime in my head: the "Kunihito problem". Let me remind you: this comes from the same party which, during the Second September Revolution, was complicit in the genocide of Kunihito under the guise of the Wolfsheim Plague.

This government is now proudly boasting that it has forced large amounts of Kunihito out of their native land and have responded with nothing but contempt and hostility to the legitimate concerns of my colleague, Karolu Mori, who is very concerned for what is being done to his people. The agenda of this government is nothing more than the removal of its native people from Ostland to make it into some form of idealised Dundorfian homeland, with the help of Dorvish and Dundorfian settlers. It is the same foul tendency the regime practised in cahoots with Leopold Nimitz, and as we recall that the September Revolution must be defended time and time again, we consider it our duty to intercede on behalf of these Kunihito who are being hounded out of their native land and dumped (pardon my Canrillaise) into the Crownlands as if we were some kind of reservation.

We would like to urge the nations represented here to join us in condemning and sanctioning the government of Ostland in the strongest possible terms for this intolerable violation, especially considering their far-from-innocent history. We would urge you all to sign the agreement we have prepared to this end. If necessary, we implore the Security Council to take every action possible to halt this intolerable course of affairs and, if necessary, intervene to enforce international law.

I thank the Assembly.
Hosianisch-Demokratisches Verbund - Hulstria and Gao-Soto

Notable previous parties:
Folkepartiet (People's Party) - Kazulia
Martinulus

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive