GENERAL ASSEMBLY PRESIDENT ELECTION: Declare Candidacy Here

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

GENERAL ASSEMBLY PRESIDENT ELECTION: Declare Candidacy Here

Postby WCRC » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Declare your candidacy for President of the General Assembly now!

Election for President of the General Assembly will begin on Saturday, September 1st, one week from now. The GA President is the leader and Presiding Officer of the General Assembly and has the power to enforce rules in the GA including World Congress Resolutions and Game Rules. The President will also work closely with the World Congress Role Play Coordinator (WCRC) to come up with new Role Plays, reforms, and ideas for the World Congress as a whole.

All players are invited to stand for election. You must choose a name and nationality for your candidate. Your character may be from any country you choose. Please use this thread to announce your candidacy and your plans if elected.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO RUN IN THE ELECTION?

Characters from any country may stand in the election. There are no age, professional, or educational restrictions.

DO I HAVE TO BE CURRENTLY PLAYING IN THE COUNTRY MY CHARACTER COMES FROM?

No, you do not need to be currently active in your character's country to run him or her for election, and you do not need permission from that country's government.

CAN CHARACTERS FROM FORMER COLONIES RUN?

Yes, characters from the Former Colonies may stand for election as GA President. However, Former Colonies may not cast votes during the election as Former Colonies are barred from voting within the World Congress.

CAN I RUN MORE THAN ONE CANDIDATE?

No. Only one candidate per player is allowed.

MY COUNTRY IS A SECURITY COUNCIL MEMBER. CAN I RUN CANDIDATES FOR BOTH GA AND SC PRESIDENTS?

Yes. However, GA President and SC President must be two different players. If you win both elections, the World Congress Role Play Coordinator will ask you to choose which position you prefer. The vacant position will go to the runner-up.

HOW LONG DOES THE PRESIDENT SERVE?

The GA President will serve until the end of September. A new election will be held at the start of the October Session and every Session thereafter. There are no term limits for the office of GA President. If elected, you may run for re-election as often as you wish. However, Presidents who under-perform may be barred from standing for reelection in consecutive terms (as determined by the WCRC in consultation with Moderation).

CAN THE PRESIDENT BE REMOVED?

Yes. The President can be removed by a General Assembly Resolution or by the WCRC in consultation with Moderation.

WHAT ARE THE PRESIDENT'S POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES?

The GA President's powers and responsibilities are to:

• Preside over all General Assembly debates, maintaining order and decorum at all times in accordance with Game Rules.
  • Actively listen and engage with Delegates in General Assembly debates, and propose action-oriented solutions to address their concerns.
  • Maintain a minimum of one General Assembly Resolution per week. Resolutions should generally be encouraged or solicited from Member Nation Delegations.
  • Write Resolutions as necessary to further your character's goals and meet the Minimum Resolution Requirement. The GA President has the exclusive right to place Resolutions on the game system immediately without first seeking Co-Sponsors. Format and length guidelines listed in the Game Rules must be strictly adhered to.
  • Process Resolutions in a timely manner. Resolutions should not remain in the Sponsorship or Vote stages an unreasonable length of time.
  • Edit Resolution proposals for format, length, and concision in coordination with the proposing Delegation and in accordance with Game Rules.
  • Inform Moderation when a Resolution has garnered enough Co-Sponsors and request that the Resolution be placed on the game system for voting.
  • Inform governments when a Resolution is at vote through Private Messages, and encourage them to vote.
  • Coordinate with the President of the Security Council to determine how passed Resolutions should be implemented and implement them timely.
  • Keep past Resolutions accessible and organized.
  • Oversee the General Assembly and World Congress Wiki pages and update them as necessary.
  • Keep governments informed of their rights as Member Nations and encourage them to take full advantage to advance their foreign policy goals.
  • Stay abreast of international issues debated in the General Assembly and Security Council.
  • Role Play the President character in accordance with the foreign policy goals of their country or their personal political goals. The President is not required to maintain political neutrality and is expected to use their office to advance the interests of their country.
  • Be an active Role Player. The GA and SC Presidents will be responsible for leading a major World Congress Role Play the details of which will be revealed if elected.
  • Remain in regular contact with and submit to oversight by the WCRC to coordinate World Congress matters. WCRC decisions are final. In case of a breakdown in communication, concerns should be reported to Moderation.
  • Propose changes to the World Congress Charter subject to WCRC and Moderation approval. If approved, the proposed changes should be put to vote in a General Assembly Resolution.
  • Stay active. If the President becomes inactive for 3 days without notice, a new election will be called.
  • Serve until October 1st. A new election will be called at that time.
Additional powers and responsibilities may be assigned in consultation with the WCRC.

HOW DOES THE ELECTION WORK?

Players may declare their candidacy in this thread from now until September 1. Voting will begin Saturday, September 1. Moderation will place a new law on the game-system called ***!!! Vote for World Congress President of the General Assembly. The law will list all the candidates. Any party may propose a Bill with that law. Simply click the name of the preferred candidate, put it to vote, and pass the Bill by simple majority.

The election will last for 3 days (72 hours).

This thread is for campaign-related posts ONLY. Any questions should be directed to the WCRC or the Moderation/GRC Queries Thread.
World Congress Role Play Coordinator
WCRC

Re: GENERAL ASSEMBLY PRESIDENT ELECTION: Declare Candidacy Here

Postby Edmund » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:12 am

King Julien XIII for General Assembly President!
Out of his lemur suit
In his lemur suit
King Julien XIII
— a president you can trust

For too long the General Assembly has been dominated by the elite. Humans make up less than 0.01%
    of life on this planet, and yet they control the entire World Congress. It's time for change - change you
    can trust. And you can trust King Julien XIII to make that change - a president you can trust. A president
    not just for humanity, but for all species on Terra.

WHO IS KING JULIEN XIII?

His Royal Highness, the illustrious King Julien XIII, self proclaimed Lord of the Lemurs, etc., etc. is the rightful
    king of Noumonde. Where's Noumonde, you ask?

Alright - but what's Noumonde, you ask?

Paradise.

Or so it was until humanity, specifically the Canrillaise, came to destroy it. King Julien XIII's ancestor, King
    Julien II, was driven out of Noumonde by the Canrillaise colonisers and forced into exile. Today, the Canrillaise
    "king" of Noumonde is the corrupt and tyrannical Norbert Demitreous.

This was what Noumonde was like before humanity, specifically the Canrillaise, came.

His hobbies are partying and running from the Fossa. His favourite song is "I Like To Move It".

WHAT IS HIS PLATFORM?

King Julien XIII will work for all species on this planet.

He will work with ambassadors from all countries and species to tackle climate change and other
    environmental issues facing Terra.

He will work to bring about world peace by holding parties, to which all heads of state and government
    and claimants to those positions will be invited as VIPs. The rest of the world will also be invited, just
    not as VIPs. All member states will be required to contribute 10% of their national budget to fund the
    parties. A small price to pay for world peace.

SO WHO SHOULD I VOTE FOR?

There's really only one choice - and that choice is King Julien XIII.
Edmund

Postby IsleofSalkuo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:29 am

Kyle Mizzi for General Assembly President

Who is Kyle Mizzi as a person?
Kyle Mizzi was born on the 4th of May, 4375 to normal Cildanian parents who became successful businessmen. Ever since he was a little boy, he has always wanted to lead Cildania to become something special and for peace to be developed all across the world. His parents sent him to one of the best colleges in Cildania, the College of Qildar and studied Foreign Relations. He worked as just a simple ambassador before he joined the newly re-established C-GCP who have been known to be staunch internationalists. Unlike most politicians, Kyle Mizzi is a single man due to his a-sexuality.

Kyle Mizzi's country of origin

Who is Kyle Mizzi as a diplomat and GA presidential candidate?
As shadow minister for the C-GCP and ex-foreign minister of Cildania, Kyle Mizzi has always worked hard to selflessly improve relations. He has always been a staunch internationalist whilst at the same time taking the commoner into account. Kyle Mizzi knows how to manage conflicts and scandals due to his experience and education along with additional experience in resolving his family's issues :P that will surely come into play whilst being the president of the General Assembly.

Why should you vote for Kyle Mizzi?

Kyle Mizzi's presidency will be based on a platform of peace and closer co-operation between all nations, including the Third World. It will also be based on the idea that the commoners of every nation must have a strong and powerful voice in the Assembly. Finally, he believes that every single human on Terra must be given basic human rights including LGBT rights and he will not be tolerating any human rights violations throughout his term. His term will be non-partisan, hard-working and serve all countries and non-extremist ideologies.

Kyle Mizzi is truly a great person to trust for the office of President of the General Assembly and as such, should be voted for in the upcoming elections!
Cildania-GCP

The United Badaran Front

Federální Libertariánská Společnost[Deltaria]
IsleofSalkuo

Postby Pragma » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:18 pm

I, Tambethra Dyshini, do endorse Kyle Mizzi for General Assembly President as my successor. I think he would do an excellent job as GA President.

Tambethra Dyshini
GA President
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Edmund » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:04 pm

Vote for the playboy, not the plagiarist.

I'm King Julien XIII, and I approve this message.

YOU CAN'T TRUST MIZZI.

Mizzi can't even come up with his own format. So how can he come up with his own
ideas in the presidency? He'll be a mouthpiece for Cildania, doing what Cildania tells
him to do. He only cares about humans - less than 0.01% of life on Terra, but 100% of
his platform. "Human rights, human rights, human rights," he says, ignoring all other
species.

King Julien XIII supports animal rights. Rights for all species. Not human supremacy, as
Mizzi does. Stop the Cildanians from taking control. Vote King Julien XIII.
Edmund

Postby IsleofSalkuo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Statement from Kyle Mizzi
Under normal circumstances, nobody should have to mention this. But it has to be mentioned. The GA Presidency is a serious role, which world peace depends on and ultimately, billions of lives depend on. The GA Presidency is so sacred that it must not be taken by sarcastics and neither can it be taken by a lemur or lemur-like. Ladies and gentlemen, it is unfortunate that my opposition has to be a lemur or lemur-like for I wished for a serious challenge.

And to counter King Julien XIII's statements, I'll start slowly.
1) I am not against animal rights.
2) "less than 0.01% of life on Terra" After that you mention that all species shall be represented. Can you represent bacteria? I think not :P
3) And finally, I'll be advocating for all of Terra. So you can throw the accusation that I'll be advocating for Cildania away.

There's another statement that I'll be mentioning before I conclude. I, Kyle Mizzi, thank Tambethra Dyshini, the current GA President for endorsing me.
Thank you all for listening to me on this day!
Cildania-GCP

The United Badaran Front

Federální Libertariánská Společnost[Deltaria]
IsleofSalkuo

Postby darkGreenParty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:06 am

Although we will respect the will of Tukarese people on this election regarding our nomination, the Dark Green Party gives its informal support to King Julien XIII, a supporter of the environment and animal rights. All hail the lemurs!!
-Francisco Salazar de Oliveira Garcia, Chairman of the Dark Green Party of Tukarali
Dark Green Party (Tukarali)
darkGreenParty

Postby Aquinas » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:51 am

Aquinas

Postby WCRC » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Candidacy announcements have now ended, voting has began.
World Congress Role Play Coordinator
WCRC

Postby darkGreenParty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:31 pm

OOC: the ingame options in the proposal are still the ones from the former election
-Francisco Salazar de Oliveira Garcia, Chairman of the Dark Green Party of Tukarali
Dark Green Party (Tukarali)
darkGreenParty

Next

Return to Sessions Archive