GENERAL ASSEMBLY PRESIDENT ELECTION: Declare Candidacy Here

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: GENERAL ASSEMBLY PRESIDENT ELECTION: Declare Candidacy Here

Postby Axxell » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:10 am

Ibrahim El Salefi for the Presidency of the WC's General Assembly

Ibrahin El Salefi (48), current Minister of Foreign Affairs, is taking the palce of Mr Yassen, recently passed away. Like Yasse, also El Salefi is a politician of the Istalian Republic who has been 3 times Minister of Foreign Affairs in several Governments of Istalia.

Like Yasse, El Salefi is committed to maintain the topics of Democracy and Human Rights at the center of the World Congress Agenda aimed to promote definitively for the World Congress not only a role of mere international forum for the nation-states of Terra, but a veritable shield of the persecuted, discriminated and abused peoples of Terra subjected to violation of the most basic rights of individual as human beings and as member of their respective society. The World Congress must to recognize the role that since its veritable first Resolution it assumed, "Guardian of the Rights and of the wellbeing of the peoples of Terra and of each individuals" and for which many dedicated offices have been created, like the last one, the World Congress Human Rights Office. Why to have a such Office if then the World Congress cannot intervene to contrast abuses in this sense?

A vote for Ibrahim El Salefi will be a vote for a World which doesn't want turn the head to the horrors of our times and doesn't want turn the back to those we demand an aid, a support, a voice to express them.

Thank you
Last edited by Axxell on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:48 am

OOC: Sorry to be Mr. Killjoy, but the deadline for candidacy declarations has already passed.

@luis1p @GRC If it's possible, I'd personally prefer this to be handled in a way that allows Axxell to stay in the race. ie. Maybe we can retcon it so that El Salefi's candidacy was declared before the close of nominations? Or retcon it so that Yassen didn't die and is still a candidate? Or maybe just extend the deadline for candidacy declarations until the moment voting commences?...

Axxell wrote:Aghar Yassen for the Presidency of the WC's General Assembly

Ibrahin El Salefi (48), current Minister of Foreign Affairs, is taking the palce of Mr Yassen, recently passed away. Like Yasse, also El Salefi is a politician of the Istalian Republic who has been 3 times Minister of Foreign Affairs in several Governments of Istalia.

Like Yasse, El Salefi is committed to maintain the topics of Democracy and Human Rights at the center of the World Congress Agenda aimed to promote definitively for the World Congress not only a role of mere international forum for the nation-states of Terra, but a veritable shield of the persecuted, discriminated and abused peoples of Terra subjected to violation of the most basic rights of individual as human beings and as member of their respective society. The World Congress must to recognize the role that since its veritable first Resolution it assumed, "Guardian of the Rights and of the wellbeing of the peoples of Terra and of each individuals" and for which many dedicated offices have been created, like the last one, the World Congress Human Rights Office. Why to have a such Office if then the World Congress cannot intervene to contrast abuses in this sense?

A vote for Ibrahim El Salefi will be a vote for a World which doesn't want turn the head to the horrors of our times and doesn't want turn the back to those we demand an aid, a support, a voice to express them.

Thank you
Aquinas

Postby Axxell » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:21 pm

OOC: please, let El Salefi run. I'm sorry for the retard. I noticed just today the message from Luis1p inviting me to propose a candidate.
I had to change it because my first candidate at the date he was too old to still run.
However, Yassen candidature came in plenty of time.

So please!
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Buchheim lawyers demand clarity over election

Christoph Buchheim's lawyers have written to the World Congress Administration inquiring whether their man is the only candidate legitimately still in the race and should be declared the winner by default. The lawyers, who were provided to Buchheim by the Communist League of Terra, argue:

Aghar Yassen is now sadly deceased.

Ibrahim el Salefi declared his candidacy after the deadline, so is not a legitimate candidate.

The other two candidates, Agnes Stein and Entwald von Thaller, we believe to be no longer interested in being part of the contest, and possibly in fact dead. Our team of private investigators have been searching for them all over Terra, but not been able to find any satisfactory evidence of their whereabouts or activity. We are considering applying to have them declared legally dead under international law. We challenge the World Congress Administration to either provide evidence these two individuals are still alive and still interested in contesting this election, or remove them from the list of candidates.

It is our considered view at the present time that Christoph Buchheim is the only candidate still legitimately in this contest, and should now be declared President of the General Assembly.
Aquinas

Postby Luis1p » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Axxell wrote:OOC: please, let El Salefi run. I'm sorry for the retard. I noticed just today the message from Luis1p inviting me to propose a candidate.
I had to change it because my first candidate at the date he was too old to still run.

So please!

OOC:

On this, I had PMed Axxell before I closed elections and asked him to post his candidate. He had told me his intentions to continue to run for the position, but with a new character. He's just a little late to post it. However, Candidate Announcement for everyone else remains closed
Luis1p

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Luis1p wrote:
Axxell wrote:OOC: please, let El Salefi run. I'm sorry for the retard. I noticed just today the message from Luis1p inviting me to propose a candidate.

So please!

OOC:

On this, I had PMed Axxell before I closed elections and asked him to post his candidate. He had told me his intentions to continue to run for the position, but with a new character. He's just a little late to post it. However, Candidate Announcement for everyone else remains closed

OOC: This is fine by me, although next time, I think it would be nice if the WCRC announces a list of the official candidates when candidate nominations are closed.

Could we find a way of translating what's happened into RP terms? eg. "The media department of the World Congress Administration has apologised for issuing a misleading press release which left Ibrahim el Salefi's name off the list of candidates" or something like that, anything to cover it really, I don't care.
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:48 pm

"Explain yourselves," Buchheim demands of El Salefi and Yassen

Following revelations of alleged Istalian involvement in the murder of a Noumon activist in Baltusia, Christoph Buchheim has asked the Istalian candidate, Ibrahim el Salefi, and his predecessor, Aghar Yassen, "to explain the full extent, if any, of Istalia's, and their own, involvement in the death of Jean-Yves Bethune". He added that "state-sanctioned murder is a serious business, and does not look great on the CV of someone who is applying to be President of the General Assembly of the World Congress", continuing "and there are certainly aspects to this case that look very fishy indeed".

Buchheim challenges Entwald von Thaller to prove he is still alive

"I have deployed a team of private investigators to establish whether Entwald von Thaller still exists, but they have so far failed to uncover any significant evidence that he does," Buchheim told journalists this morning. He continued.

All I know is he applied to join this contest years ago, and he's not been seen or heard since. Has anyone seen him? We've been looking for the guy for months now, but still nothing has come up.

The choice in this election is between a guy who very possibly orders murders, a guy who we know nothing about and is possibly dead, and me. The only serious candidate in this race now is me.
Aquinas

Postby Mbites » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Entwald von Thaller: "You're a blind fool"
Entwald von Thaller responds to the allegations of him being dead:
"Apparently you have wasted your money Buchheim, I am walking out the royal palace literally every day and live my daily life. If your underlings are too incompetent to take a picture of a person of public interest it's no sign of you being a serious candidate."
"It looked like a silly semi-cliquey thing between a few players to me. Following around a troll called Mbites like he was some sort of god... which wouldn't have mattered so much in the scale of things, except one of them was a Mod."
Mbites

Postby Aquinas » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Buchheim accuses von Thaller of rigging the election

Christoph Buchheim has delivered a furious tirade against Entwald von Thaller, branding him a "single-minded careerist and opportunist with no principles whatsoever" and accusing him of "using his powerful family and his contacts in the World Congress Administration to try to rig the result of the election in his favour".
Aquinas

Postby Aquinas » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:46 am

el Salefi an "Istalian clone" says Buchheim

Christoph Buchheim has stepped up his attack on Ibrahim el Salefi's campaign to become General Assembly President, calling him "an Istalian clone with no passion of his own for the World Congress - he is purely there to do Istalia's bidding".

He also accused el Salefi of re-using campaign literature originally used by Aghar Yassen, Istalia's original candidate for General Assembly President, noting similarities between an el Salefi leaflet and an earlier leaflet put out by Yassen, and also that some early misprint copies of the el Salefi leaflet in question even featured Yassen's name in the actual heading.

"All of this goes to show that el Salefi isn't his own man, he's Istalia's placeman," said Buchheim. "He is the Istalian Foreign Minister, and if he becomes General Assembly President, all he will do is implement Istalia's agenda."

Buchheim also renewed his focus on the allegations that el Salefi's government has a policy of carrying out extra-judicial killings in foreign states and that Istalia was responsible for the mysterious death of a Noumon activist in Baltusia. "I think the World Congress have got to know that if they elect el Salefi, they could be electing a murderer and an international law breaker," Buchheim said.
Aquinas

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive