GA Resolution #6: Fairness In Criminal Trials

An archive of previous resolutions voted upon by the World Congress.

Moderator: RP Committee

GA Resolution #6: Fairness In Criminal Trials

Postby Axxell » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Ibrahim El Salefi, President of the General Assembly of the World Congress

Hoping to improve fairness in Justice and during Criminal Trials, I would like to present a resolution to enhance the right of human beings towards the Justice.

OOC NOTE: The text of this Resolution has been removed by Moderation having been found to constitute plagiarism.

This proposal probably needs to be extended, so, the Presidency invites the nations into the World Congress to express themself on this Resolution proposing how to complete its text.

Thank you
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Re: GA Resolution #6: Fairness In Criminal Trials

Postby Aquinas » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:00 am

Noumonde fully supports this Resolution. Our country has a long history of Canrillaise minority rule, under which the courts were frequently arbitrary and corrupt. Things are better now, but our society is still dealing with the legacy of what happened in the past.

Every person deserves a fair trial if they are accused of a crime. This is a basic human right.

I would like to make a brief special mention of the terrible "Revolutionary Tribunals" currently functioning in Barmenia. This is precisely the kind of practice the World Congress needs to take a stand against, and I hope it will do so by passing this Resolution.

Masoandro Androkae
Prime Minister of Noumonde
Aquinas

Return to Resolutions Archive