OOC: World Congress Discussion

Posts and topics related to the World Congress, the primary intergovernmental institution in the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly OOC Discussion

Postby John Cracker » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Jakania, seriously? I have never heard a more ridiculous claim on the forum.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby jamescfm » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:52 pm

John Cracker wrote:Jakania, seriously? I have never heard a more ridiculous claim on the forum.

Remember this is just role-play, it's not an actual claim against you, it's just a silly piece of foreign policy posturing. Nonetheless the idea of several companies being represented by a single person is a bit unconventional and would certainly raise eyebrows in the real world. I don't know anything about these companies so I don't know whether they're supposed to be operating in the same industry or not but either way, it would probably make sense for each of them to be represented by different people moving forward?
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:56 pm

I understand its just Role Play, and no, the only reason they are here is to bring attention to humanitarian aid needed to be sent to North Dovani, and its easier for me.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby jamescfm » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:06 pm

John Cracker wrote:I understand its just Role Play, and no, the only reason they are here is to bring attention to humanitarian aid needed to be sent to North Dovani, and its easier for me.

That's not a problem but obviously within the world of the game, that's unusual and will attract attention. I don't have a problem with you using one person but that doesn't mean that I'm going to pretend it isn't an incredibly strange arrangement.
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Okay
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Is it just me or has Likatonia been the center for every international scandal for the past twenty years?
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:22 am

You guys have gotten all bent out of shape over a church
John Cracker

Postby Auditorii » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:52 am

Alright. Let's pump the brakes on this one for a second.

I think its important to realize that In Character (IC) and Out Of Character (OOC) are different. I can say with almost certainty that none of us, the players behind the keyboard have an issue with you or your church. In character, the nation's we play might/do have issues with your church and Likatonia. Our IC nations, characters all have interests, goals, etc.

Please dont mistake our IC actions for OOC actions. Were making a "big deal" ICly not OOCly. I think you're confusing the two.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:18 pm

I agree, sometimes I confuse the two, but seriously in the real world would countries shut down their borders because of a charismatic church?
John Cracker

Postby Auditorii » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:08 pm

PT isn't the real world and thats been very clearly stated both by players and the rules. What we take inspiration from the real world and were certainly grounded by it, it doesn't mean the way real-world governments might react is the same as PT governments.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to World Congress