OOC: World Congress Discussion

Posts and topics related to the World Congress, the primary intergovernmental institution in the game.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: General Assembly OOC Discussion

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:09 pm

Definitely, although you guys are very good at RPing bureaucrats, no offense.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Will a sacrificial lamb help?
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby jamescfm » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Help with what exactly? If you want to role-play something in particular then you should make clear what your objective or plan is and talk to other players about it.

Let's take the corruption accusation as an example, from my perspective it seems that there are two potential progressions. The first option would be that your party rejects the allegation as being politically motivated, inaccurate etc., it would be pretty reasonable for you to do so given that the accusations were made by a foreign non-profit organisation about which we do not know anything. The second option would be to accept the corruption allegations and role-play some kind of "fallout" from them, this might include party leaders resigning, corporations being dissolved or new procedures to combat corruption being introduced.

Either of these is absolutely acceptable but the power sits with you to determine which you pursue. Communicating with other players will be important obviously because, for example, if you wanted to pursue the first option then it would undermine you if other players treat the accusations as genuine. Once again I want to repeat that this game is not a competition between rivals rather it is a shared story in which of us writes a particular chapter.
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:18 pm

It was a joke, my party did nothing, and I am not going to particpaite with other players to determine this, it is my party, my companies, I will decide the outcome of the investigation alone, with all due respect.
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:22 pm

I am making it clear right now, that the accusations, against my party, my companies, and the RHC are not true, the investgation will come out that no wrong was done, and that should be the end of the story, at least I hope it will.
John Cracker

Postby jamescfm » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:32 pm

John Cracker wrote:I am not going to particpaite with other players to determine this, it is my party, my companies, I will decide the outcome of the investigation alone, with all due respect.

An attitude like this is not conducive to good role-play. Nobody is suggesting that you should be forced to do something that you don't want to do, but if you directly refuse to communicate with other players then you shouldn't be surprised when they don't agree to follow your unilateral commands.

You are absolutely free to maintain the view that "your party did nothing" but that doesn't mean that other players will accept it. The point I'm trying to get across is that things will pretty much always work out better for both sides when players on the same page. Using this example, if you had spoken to me about the direction you wanted to take then I could've written a post exposing the non-profit as a fraud or something along those lines. If you openly reject collaboration though, don't expect other players to agree to your in-game demands.
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:37 pm

To be quit honest I am done with these allegations, I am not going to give the courtesy to contact players that bought these allegations forth to discuss the outcome, because they (you) didn't give me the courtesy contact me to to discuss the allegations, if you wanted me to do it you should have at least told me you were going to do it, this is getting very annoying, you re basically forcing me to respond to the allegations because if I don't no one will trust my county or party.
John Cracker

Postby jamescfm » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:42 pm

No allegations are being made. If you don't want to continue with the role-play that is absolutely fine with me, I'm just trying to give you some advice from my own experience of role-play in Particracy Classic. Disregard everything I have said at your personal pleasure.
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Yes allegations against the CRP, HRC, ect. ect., you have every right to accuse them of such things, but as this is a game, its nice to at least have a plan for it.
John Cracker

Re: 35th General Assembly Session

Postby Masionette9 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Last edited by Masionette9 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

PreviousNext

Return to World Congress