6th Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

6th Security Council Session

Postby Reddy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:49 am

Below are the archived discussions of the 6th Security Council Session, which lasted from 4189 to 4204.

Following the 4189 Security Council election, the Security Council members for the next session were Luthori, Istalia, Kalistan, Hutori and Baltusia.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Re: Security Council (OOC: authorised participants only)

Postby Axxell » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Istalia vote YES to the Resolution 18.

~ Riccardo Malzi di Arenese, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Members of the Security Council,

I would like to introduce myself: I am Patricia Grayson the new Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress and Security Council. I was my country's foreign secretary for eight years and a former leader of the Patriotic Party - now the Patriotic Republican Party. I look forward to working with you all and hope all parties who have not yet done so will vote on the outstanding Resolution 18 put forward by my predecessor, Mr Hernandez.

Thank You
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:18 am

With the support of three Security Council members, Resolution 17 is passed. Resolution 18 is still in the voting stage with no majority either way.

-Naasif al-Salah, General Secretary of the World Congress
jamescfm

Postby stuntmonkey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:54 am

I have a question for the General Secretary:

Given that Kalistan seems to have all but given up on its Security Council duties, yet still holds 23 endorsements due to its legacy as a long time active member of this security council, what is the protocol in terms of Security Seat C? (OOC: i.e is there basically a system reset for this kind of thing if countries vote to withdraw from the Security council as Kalistan seemingly have.)

http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=505179
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=505742
http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=507507

Thank you

- Patricia Grayson, Baltusian Ambassador to the World Congress
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby jamescfm » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Kalistan remains the elected representative for Security Council Seat C. The only protocol for removal is for a nation not to be re-elected in the next Security Council elections.

-Naasif al-Salah, General Secretary of the World Congress
jamescfm

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:37 am

Thank you for the clarification, General Secretary.

I have to reflect, though, that it does seem a great pity that a country with so many long standing endorsements from around Terra has seemingly no interest in taking part in the Security Council debates or votes and that their chair remains vacant.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby Axxell » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Hon. Collegues,
In effect the Security Council currently is formed by many nations which seem to show few interest on the World Congress. And this already is blocking a Resolution into the vote phase.
At the same way once was introduced a provision to intervene in case of inactivity of the General Secretary, I think we should think to a way to face the inactivity of an elected member.
So to assure that the Security Council works always and to avoid inactivity or blocked situation.

Thank you

~ Riccardo Malzi di Arenese, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:28 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with our honourable colleague Ambassador Arenese. There should be some contingency, especially if a vote is being held up in this way.

― AES II

stuntmonkey

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:31 pm

OOC: as I just earned the FA Portfolio and my country last FA holder was rather inactive is Hutori holding up either proposal? I'll have my Ambassador vote otherwise
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Next

Return to Sessions Archive