15th Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

15th Security Council Session

Postby November » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 15th Security Council Session, which lasted from 4237 to 4342.

Deĵano Cezarido, Coburan Representative for Seat E:
Honorable members of the Security Council,

It is an honor to be here, and I greet all of you in friendship. We look forward to productive discussions and leadership to believe in. As a great Coburan writer once said: ''A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way''.
November

Re: Security Council (OOC: Authorised Participants Only)

Postby Axxell » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Simonetta Chiossi, Istalian Ambassador

Istalia welcome the Ambassador from Cobura, welcoming another Majatran nation devoted to the Democracy into the Security Council.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby November » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Deĵano Cezarido, Coburan Ambassador:

Honourable members of the Security Council,

This WC institute has always been seen as 'five nations that tell others what to do'. During my campaign for Seat B, I encountered lots of negative thoughts about the Security Council and its way of acting. Many nations find the compositions of the Security Council not inclusive and diverse enough. As you know, the Security Council is leading in the World Congress and on behalf of our endorsing nations, we stand here to represent our values to peacefully resolve conflict in Terra. However, I dont see it as harmful for other nations to have influence in this Security Council. Therefore, we would like to open the discussion on the following idea: A resolution that gives WC nations the ability to get their issues on the Security Council's agenda, by having them make a treaty in which they make their case. With support of at least 8 other nations, the Security Council will be obliged to discuss this in their meetings. I would like to hear the stance of the other Security Council representatives on this.
November

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Leon Paletta
Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress Security Council

I to welcome the new Ambassador from Cobura to these chambers and look forward to engaging them in the coming months and years.

I believe the Coburan Ambassador has an interesting point. Would this be a single Treaty that any nation could sign up for, or would this be similar to a WC GA Resolution, that if endorsed by eight or more nations we would need to discuss it and investigate the matter?
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Axxell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Simonetta Chiossi, Istalian Ambassador

Istalia would like express its interest for the idea and is ready to further develop the debate. We think that if a certain number of nations demand an action on an issue or a specific matter, this Council has the duty to hear them, debate on their demand and offer, if is the case and if judged appropriate, a solution/response.
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby November » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Deĵano Cezarido, Coburan Ambassador:

We are happy to see our ideas being welcomed. We will come up with a resolution soon.
November

Postby November » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:29 pm

November

Return to Sessions Archive