OOC: Security Council Discussion

The decision-making body of the World Congress with the power to pass formal resolutions and composed of five elected members.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: OOC: Security Council Discussion

Postby jamescfm » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:25 pm

Unless I am mistaken there are numerous irregularities in the Security Council election results posted on the forum. Three out of the four in-game seats have inaccurate vote breakdowns and an inaccurate total number of votes.

Due to the time-sensitive nature of this endeavour, I would suggest that Moderation deal with this as a matter of urgency. In case this is not possible I have recorded the election results in a spreadsheet and have taken screenshots of the relevant variables pages for reference (other players might wish to do the same as a means of verifying these results are correct). Fortunately none of these errors are likely to affect the results but they are important to note nonetheless.

In seat A, the total number of votes listed only amounts to fifty-seven; there are fifty-eight countries in the game. Dorvik is incorrectly listed as having eleven votes when it should have only nine. Narikaton and Darnussia is incorrectly listed as only having two votes when it should have five.

In seat B, the total number of votes listed amounts to fifty-nine. Selucia is incorrectly listed as having fifteen votes when it should have only fourteen. Deltaria is incorrectly listed as only having nine votes when it should have ten. Cobura is listed as having a single vote when it should have none.

In seat D, the total number of votes listed amounts to fifty-nine. Hutori is incorrectly listed as only having eleven votes when it should have twelve. Davostan is incorrectly listed as having five votes when it should have only four. Vorona is listed as having a single vote when it should have none.

Based on the results in seat D, I think it is reasonable to conclude that this was not a malicious action from the Moderation team because it is hard to see why colonelvesica would understate Hutori's performance in the election. As I already mentioned none of the results in any of the seats are affected, only the margin of victory in some cases (notably in seat A). Such widespread irregularities are concerning though and suggest that proper care was not given to counting and checking the results before they were posted.

My suspicion on this is supported by the very short time that it took for the results to be posted. If you look at the timestamps for my posts over the past twelve months, you will see that it usually takes me between forty and ninety minutes to collect and process the results. On this occasion it seems to have taken less than ten minutes.
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:31 am

jamescfm wrote:Unless I am mistaken there are numerous irregularities in the Security Council election results posted on the forum. Three out of the four in-game seats have inaccurate vote breakdowns and an inaccurate total number of votes.

Due to the time-sensitive nature of this endeavour, I would suggest that Moderation deal with this as a matter of urgency. In case this is not possible I have recorded the election results in a spreadsheet and have taken screenshots of the relevant variables pages for reference (other players might wish to do the same as a means of verifying these results are correct). Fortunately none of these errors are likely to affect the results but they are important to note nonetheless.

In seat A, the total number of votes listed only amounts to fifty-seven; there are fifty-eight countries in the game. Dorvik is incorrectly listed as having eleven votes when it should have only nine. Narikaton and Darnussia is incorrectly listed as only having two votes when it should have five.

In seat B, the total number of votes listed amounts to fifty-nine. Selucia is incorrectly listed as having fifteen votes when it should have only fourteen. Deltaria is incorrectly listed as only having nine votes when it should have ten. Cobura is listed as having a single vote when it should have none.

In seat D, the total number of votes listed amounts to fifty-nine. Hutori is incorrectly listed as only having eleven votes when it should have twelve. Davostan is incorrectly listed as having five votes when it should have only four. Vorona is listed as having a single vote when it should have none.

Based on the results in seat D, I think it is reasonable to conclude that this was not a malicious action from the Moderation team because it is hard to see why colonelvesica would understate Hutori's performance in the election. As I already mentioned none of the results in any of the seats are affected, only the margin of victory in some cases (notably in seat A). Such widespread irregularities are concerning though and suggest that proper care was not given to counting and checking the results before they were posted.

My suspicion on this is supported by the very short time that it took for the results to be posted. If you look at the timestamps for my posts over the past twelve months, you will see that it usually takes me between forty and ninety minutes to collect and process the results. On this occasion it seems to have taken less than ten minutes.
Thank you for catching this stuff. I thought I had gotten everything, but I think I loaded an old copy of the initial count I did yesterday, rather then the one I was working one earlier today. Regardless I didn't do my due diligence in checking to make sure everything was right and for that I apologize. I'm glad Chitin has taken the time to update my mistake and thank you James for being quick on the uptick to check,
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby ChitinKal » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:48 am

I'd like to repeat Vesica's thanks to James for pointing out these irregularities, we're glad to have such vigilant players here to catch us on our mistakes. Following a recount of the votes, I have edited the election results post with the correct values.
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby jamescfm » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:51 am

Excellent, thanks for fixing the issue quickly!
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:56 am

The deadline for Lodamun to present a representative to the Security Council should have passed around twenty-four hours ago.
jamescfm

Postby robmark0000 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:32 am

jamescfm wrote:The deadline for Lodamun to present a representative to the Security Council should have passed around twenty-four hours ago.

I contacted a Moderator about this yesterday, also I am glad others noticed it as well.

Guys, just appoint a World Congress Coordinator!
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby Luis1p » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:05 am

Per Security Council Elections, I understand there's a tie between Lourenne and Hutori. As Lourenne's only player, I intend to pursuit Seat D of the Security Council and await the next steps. Thanx all. :mrgreen:
Luis1p

Postby imperialpearl » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:37 pm

OOC: Having contacted the governing parties in Hutori to determine whether they are willing to contest the seat and having received no response in the given timeframe (18 months in game), Lourenne (currently controlled by Luis1p) will hold Seat D for the current (62nd) Security Council.
imperialpearl

Previous

Return to Security Council