OOC: Security Council Discussion

The decision-making body of the World Congress with the power to pass formal resolutions and composed of five elected members.

Moderator: RP Committee

OOC: Security Council Discussion

Postby Auditorii » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:23 pm

This topic is reserved for out-of-character discussions of Security Council affairs.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: OOC: Security Council Discussion

Postby jamescfm » Fri May 01, 2020 9:43 am

Nobody actually asked but just wanted to make a statement about how a runner-up will be chosen if/when a country does not present a representative in time. The next country elected will be the country that was the runner-up at the time of the last election, not the country that at the time of the replacement has the next most votes.

For example, if Selucia were to be replaced right now, it would be Vanuku that would replace them (because they received the next most votes at the time of election) not Jakania (the country that presently has the most votes in Seat B). Just wanted to make this clear well in advance because I'm a player in Jakania and I don't want anyone to suspect a conflict of interest if the situation arises- as I expect it will.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri May 01, 2020 3:59 pm

The first resolution of this term has been proposed, please vote in the appropriate resolution thread.
jamescfm

Postby XanderOne » Wed May 06, 2020 10:20 pm

Can I ask something about this statement: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8697&start=10#p156109 ? If this is not the adeguate place to ask this please indicate me the most suitable thread.

I noticed in Trigunia now there is a player.

But about Selucia, I think colonelvesica metioned in IC the fact that there are no more player on the nation. Thus, is it ok to propose some sort of RP into a nation without players? I'm just asking, because in case I would not have any sort of issue about.
Last edited by XanderOne on Wed May 06, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XanderOne

Postby Auditorii » Wed May 06, 2020 10:22 pm

You'd have to receive Moderation's permission before interacting with an empty player nation. Third World nations have a little more leeway but generally interactions with empty player nations are/have been limited.
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Thu May 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Just a note for record's sake and to make it clear to all, I'm modifying Liu Che's amendment to resolution 83 to structure it as a separate resolution intended to supersede resolution 83. The precedent since the Security Council began seems to have been to avoid retroactive amendments, and doing so makes organisation and cataloguing a bit easier.

In future, it may be useful to discuss draft resolutions before moving them to vote so that amendments can be made in advance of the voting process and we can work through any unclear parts beforehand.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Fri May 22, 2020 2:17 pm

In reference to Maxington's request in the Security Council. The investigation was intended to be directed by the World Congress but I wasn't too involved in that role-play narrative and the situation has obviously now changed since the resolution was originally passed. As such I can't really provide you with an update, is it okay if I leave the question for Liu Che (assuming he's approved in Bianjie) and Auditorii to make a decision about?
jamescfm

Postby Maxington » Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 pm

jamescfm wrote:In reference to Maxington's request in the Security Council. The investigation was intended to be directed by the World Congress but I wasn't too involved in that role-play narrative and the situation has obviously now changed since the resolution was originally passed. As such I can't really provide you with an update, is it okay if I leave the question for Liu Che (assuming he's approved in Bianjie) and Auditorii to make a decision about?

That would be much appreciated. I'd just like to know whether indeed chemical/biological weapons were found.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Fri May 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Can do investigation. Would say that, if bio/chem weapons found, probably would have existed from a previous civil war, maybe they were even left by foreign invaders? Who knows.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Auditorii » Fri May 22, 2020 9:24 pm

Glad to see you hopped in Bianjie, I was going to do so myself if you hadn't posted shortly after you did.

Perhaps we can find some inert chemical and biological weapons, clearly not usable in any capacity but ultimately still raises concerns over Bianjie's chemical weapons programs. The SC appoints a semi-permanent monitoring mission from the Chemical and Biological Weapons office, the SC claims its a success overall?
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Next

Return to Security Council