OOC: Security Council Discussion

The decision-making body of the World Congress with the power to pass formal resolutions and composed of five elected members.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: OOC: Security Council Discussion

Postby ChitinKal » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Yeah I agree, this has escalated far beyond what is reasonable for an institution like this and I got carried away. I apologize for my role in this, and I'll refrain from the childish bickering in the future. Ms. Zobor should be sassed, but not screeched at in the manner I was doing.

I'll support Mr. Nanai for the position, but if an Istalian would like to take over I have no qualms.
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby XanderOne » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:02 pm

About this: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9050&p=166671#p166661

I would like ask to Rob if it is the case to point out the attention to such changements within the games. The issue is: laws can be easily changed into the game, often after every elections can be great changements, bills after bills which can change this or that law and often players doesn't plan to play as single-party nation (simply there are no other player in that nation). Thus I think for the Roleplay we should look to a general progression of RolePlay and general tendencies of the laws within the game in this or that nation to proceed with some assumption on which develop some RolePlay, and of course we should be certain of a response by part of the nation "against which" we develp a RolePlay, so that it would be interesting to partecipate to such a Role Play.

For example, about this bill http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=635725 after which you roleplayed something into the SC: I think that we cannot look at that bill as a hyperliberal or oppressive bill, but indeed as the contrary. Looking at the whole bill we can assume that the Government of Narik/Darnussia is working to improve workers conditions (previously the strike was illegal tout court).

About Rutania, I think it was excessive the interpretation of a government opposing free election. It is just skermishes between parties and probably players soon will support early elections.

I think these are too particular issues, not onlu for the Security Council, but also to develop some RolePlay. I hope I exposed well what I was thinking.
XanderOne

Postby robmark0000 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:55 pm

About this: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9050&p=167133#p167133

Of course we need RedReaper's acceptation to this, I want to make clear for everyone. Its an IC political step from the extremely anti-nationalist Endralon, nothing more. It could be not the only one resolution on the topic of course.

I am telling you, it is just for make clear how anti-nationalist Endralon is, and make clear our positions in the Council. Please read this everyone from the members of SC before reacting.

Thank you.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby RedReaper » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:40 pm

I'm down for as intense an RP as people want. I'm hopefully expecting condemnations combined with some people who are willing to support perhaps in exchange for a lessening of anti-Kunihito actions which frankly won't be (atleast openly) genocidal. Endralon and its allies are open to condemn whatever happens and I'll cooperate fully with whichever direction people want to take it (although military intervention would obviously need to be discussed, I'd prefer not to be curbstomped from day one.)
RedReaper

Postby ChitinKal » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:30 am

Red if you're up for it I think a peacekeeping mission on the part of the World Congress could be some interesting rp, but tbh I don't think the WC should be sending forces to outright topple the new regime. I'm thinking maybe the peacekeeping office would dispatch a multinational force to establish asylum camps and prevent any ethnic conflict (that's obviously if you were planning on escalating the ethnic violence). Of course, this would need some good planning and no pressure on anyone, but we could get some enjoyment out of this.
RP Controller of Liore
Fronto de Aŭgustana Vekiĝo (Zardugal) (Inactive) link
Mare Unitu (Keymon) (Inactive) link
Ár Náisiún (Kirlawa) (Inactive) link
National Conservative Party (Kalistan) (Inactive) link
ChitinKal

Postby robmark0000 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:28 am

I agree with Chitin, even if my RP country is bold on this topic.
Information: Player Profile here, Musical Profile here, Political Compass here.
World Congress Coordinator

"Only the Young can run. So run, and run, and run!" ~ Taylor Swift
robmark0000

Location: Hungary / Magyarország (my liberal soul is in prison here, big big sadness)

Postby jamescfm » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Note on the election results: apologies that they were a little late but the results are accurate to the time when the election should have taken place (i.e. end of the day on 30 December) as outlined in my post here.
jamescfm

Re: SC R112: Removal of Vanuku as recognised nuclear power

Postby Auditorii » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:10 pm

Image Klemens Wieseltier, General-Plenipotentiary to the World Congress, Kingdom of Dorvik
"The Kingdom of Dorvik votes AYE on this proposal."
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby jamescfm » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:11 pm

The above post was after the voting deadline should have ended. Apologies that I didn't end the vote when it should have ended yesterday.
jamescfm

Postby jamescfm » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:50 pm

Unless I have gotten my maths wrong, I don't think that voting on Resolution 117 should conclude for about twenty-fours yet. In this case it is unlikely to make a difference but waiting until the five day period has been standard practice to account for situations in which a new government comes to power that might seek to change a country's vote.
jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Security Council