OOC: Security Council Discussion

The decision-making body of the World Congress with the power to pass formal resolutions and composed of five elected members.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: OOC: Security Council Discussion

Postby Pragma » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:59 pm

haha I did tbh
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby colonelvesica » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:04 pm

I promise you though, if any of those members voting against (except of course Jakania) had the veto vote, they would be voting this down to ;)
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Lucipher » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:36 pm

Now what else can we propose to bring a further divide between the permanent members and the non-permanent members...
Currently:
Objectist Front (Scionist Fraction) (Hobrazia)
Formerly:
Vienota Kreiso/Astaritistu Koalīcija (Dolgava)
Controller of Medina in the Third World
Sameinaður Göfuga Sósíalistaflokk (Telamon)
Grey Eminence (Likatonia)
Lucipher

Postby LC73 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 pm

There needs to be some discussion and compromise
LC73

Postby jamescfm » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:16 pm

With respect to the nuclear weapon discussion, I actually am unsure about who currently is role-played as having such weapons. Dorvik, Yingdala and Hutori presumably but I'm not sure about the likes of Deltaria, Vanuku or Kazulia for example. I think it would be an interesting idea to have broad consensus on an agreement like this (which is obviously very similar to the real-life Non-Proliferation Treaty) even if there are a couple of objections. Somebody better-versed in recent in-game history might be able to provide some guidance on this front.
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:39 pm

I have a general idea of who has nuclear weapons; Farsun and i have been keep tracking on principle with the rankings, and I'll gladly go over it with you in finer details.

But terms of who is CONFIRMED to having nukes.

Hutori - I have RPed extensively with my nuclear program and continue to do so every two months or so
Dorvik - Confirmed to have a very small nuclear stockpile remaining, don't know on it's quality
Yingdala - Is clearly developing nuclear weapons right now

Trigunia - Historically kept a moderate stockpile, though hasn't been Role played since Max was there last. No clue if those are still active
Vanuku - Has openly used nuclear weapons, unsure if the stockpile remains, question for Kubrick

Deltaria - Constitution forbids nuclear proliferation
Kazulia - As a policy of nuclear ambiguity (like Israel) but currently doesn't possess any weapons

Those are the only nuclear powers or possible nuclear powers I'm aware of.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby jamescfm » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:26 pm

colonelvesica wrote:I have a general idea of who has nuclear weapons; Farsun and i have been keep tracking on principle with the rankings, and I'll gladly go over it with you in finer details.

But terms of who is CONFIRMED to having nukes.

Hutori - I have RPed extensively with my nuclear program and continue to do so every two months or so
Dorvik - Confirmed to have a very small nuclear stockpile remaining, don't know on it's quality
Yingdala - Is clearly developing nuclear weapons right now

Trigunia - Historically kept a moderate stockpile, though hasn't been Role played since Max was there last. No clue if those are still active
Vanuku - Has openly used nuclear weapons, unsure if the stockpile remains, question for Kubrick

Deltaria - Constitution forbids nuclear proliferation
Kazulia - As a policy of nuclear ambiguity (like Israel) but currently doesn't possess any weapons

Those are the only nuclear powers or possible nuclear powers I'm aware of.

Thanks, this is really useful information to have. Based on this I would imagine Hutori, Dorvik, Yingdala and Vanuku as the "recognised nuclear powers". Doing so would also create a nice balance between north and south too.

A side note on the issue of "enforcement". While I can understand players wanting to role-play pro-intervention powers in the game, you have to recognise that the nature of role-play and the structure of the game is such that something this like this would probably never be properly enforced. Players can always simply withhold consent about any conflict role-play related to their country, the only thing to be done in those cases is to ignore or isolate them. I just thought it would be useful to bear this in mind since it's not easy to convey this idea in-character.
jamescfm

Postby colonelvesica » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:30 pm

Also note worthy... the START Treaty in real life, from which this Resolution Presumably is based off of, it's optional to join. It hasn't stopped nations like India, Pakistan, North Korea or Israel from seeking and acquiring nuclear weapons.

If we feel strongly about nuclear weapons and about "rogue" states from acquiring there are options such as sanctions for enforcement, for lack of a better term.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Auditorii » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:00 pm

I can confirm that Dorvik does possess a nuclear stockpile, I think, at my last check it was roughly 5 nuclear equipped ICBMs.
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Re: 45th Security Council Session

Postby soysauce » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:51 pm

A small delegation of bar staff from a Kalistani Queer Bar quietly enter the public gallery...
soysauce

PreviousNext

Return to Security Council