OOC: Security Council Seat E Election

The decision-making body of the World Congress with the power to pass formal resolutions and composed of five elected members.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: OOC: Security Council Seat E election

Postby Pragma » Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Oh well, I drop out and support Hanzen. Wu would be good on the Security Council.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby jamescfm » Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm

In that case, there are two countries standing: Hanzen (Wu Han) and New Alduria (John Cracker). Hanzen has the support of QV73, Auditorii and Locke1342 (as well as potentially Kubrick). New Alduria has the support of robmark0000.
jamescfm

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Fri May 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Ya'll know if approved we'd go for Hanzen.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby John Cracker » Fri May 22, 2020 4:06 pm

New Alduria will represent the Republics, for to long the SC has been controlled by a minority, the monarchist.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby jamescfm » Fri May 22, 2020 11:09 pm

With Liu Che's approval, that means another expression of support for Hanzen. The two countries standing remain: Hanzen (Wu Han) and New Alduria (John Cracker). Excluding the controllers themselves, there are five people supporting Hanzen (QV73, Kubrick, Auditorri, Locke 1342, and Liu Che) and one person supporting New Alduria (robmark0000).

There's still just under a week for new countries to stand or supporters to switch. The decision over whether to pull out or to push ahead and hold a vote remains with John Cracker, of course, however it seems clear what the outcome of such a vote would be.
jamescfm

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sat May 23, 2020 12:38 am

You have my approval.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Masionette9 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 pm

I support WuHan (Hanzen).
Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby jamescfm » Sun May 24, 2020 10:30 pm

With the deadline passed, the two candidates are Hanzen (Wu Han) and New Alduria (John Cracker). I encourage both parties to consider reaching a mutual arrangement but if not then we'll have a vote that begins at the end of the day on 28 May (game time).
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Sun May 24, 2020 11:31 pm

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but the C Seat looks as close as ever, so I will have to stand for now, so I will run my best campaign in the process.

New Alduria remains the only democratic-republic left standing, monarchies are over represented in the Security Council, holding, at the current date, at least 62.5% of the 8 seats. The Third World has its fair share of monarchies and dictatorships, but like the rest of Terra democratic republics are a majority, New Alduria will represent the Third World the best, rather than Hanzen which is a monarchy. Both of us are active, he does have longer articles, and he is good at Foreign Affairs I won't lie, and that is something I need to get better at.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Wu Han » Mon May 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Thanks for the support thus far, folks.
John Cracker wrote:I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but the C Seat looks as close as ever, so I will have to stand for now, so I will run my best campaign in the process.

Not really sure what this means, frankly, but clearly it is a decision to continue campaigning, and thus a disinterest in reaching a mutual agreement as James said.

In any case, I believe my argument doesn't really need to be made any further. In this forum I've already discussed what Hanzen would do should it be elected to Seat E to advance RP development. I think the republic vs. monarchy argument is immaterial in this regard.

I hope I can count on the continued support of those who have already signalled their intention to vote for Hanzen's election to Seat E. Regardless, my best wishes to the next Security Council as they continue to contribute to a more lively international community.
Last edited by Wu Han on Mon May 25, 2020 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

PreviousNext

Return to Security Council