89th Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 89th Security Council Session

Postby GreekIdiot » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:35 pm

Zaarim Yavolim, Deputy Representative to the Security Council, Homeland State of Beiteynu

Thank you, Mr. Arsuaga.

First and foremost, the esteemed representative from the United Kingdom has not addressed any of my previous remarks. Secondly, the newest draft of the resolution, while taking a more unbiased route in tackling the matter for which we thank the representative from Yingdala, is still in itself not in a direction that does not see this body force its mandate onto the sovereign affairs of states and organisations in Terra.

Setting aside the fact that JASA is still in its conceptual stage, how will it enforce an investigation in Kirlawa? How are we, as the Security Council of the World Congress going to manage anything of the sort at this stage?

Has anybody from this body been in contact with any Kirlawan representative? Have you invited such a diplomat onto the General Assembly for debate? By the current composition of leadership, this council seems keen to jump to conclusions. We wonder why.

Finally, why does the resolution include such harsh and punishing language for enforcing a humanitarian corridor by Artanian states? That seems to us like yet another attempt by this council's leadership to dictate the terms by which this world manages its affairs, as if the world is incapable of doing that.

(OOC: I'm stalling while Beiteynu is trying to meddle and trying to tarnish K+L's image as overbearing figures)
The Terran Times
Also being that guy who's pretending to be this guy.
GreekIdiot

Postby hyraemous » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:56 am

Mr Lier Arsuaga, Security Council Representative of the Kundrati Union

With all due respect Mr. Yavolim, this is the best we can do without ourselves going in to the country and causing enough ruckus for your fleet to sail over to us. I would like to urge that we work on voting on the above resolution as immediately as we humanly and possibly can. Stalling will only give the Kirlawans time to potentially tamper with an investigation no matter who is the investigator.

We are willing to have the countries of Luthori, Dundorf and Aloria participate in the investigation as a joint team as they are members of the JASA. To ensure the neutrality of the investigation Narikaton is also invited as well.

I will state that we will allow corridors extending from the ports of Kirla and Telon in Kirlawa to remain untouched by our quarantine. The corridor will extend from those two ports to the end of the Kirlawan EEZ and shall be 25 nautical miles wide though this can be extended if need be.

However by suggesting you bring in a representative from the Junta you are encouraging the Kirlawans to waste time telling us that this august body is imperialist and to attempt to backtalk us into submission. This august body must be one to act. If we continue to bicker and if we continue to delay we will only be seen as a body that is completely useless. Before you say that we already are, I agree with you. I have Kasaema telling me Dundorf is waiting on the SC to decide and I have others telling me such. We will continue to rot and decay if we bicker further and do not present a united front to make sure no other nation can abuse Terra and get away with it.

Mr. Yavolim, your continued attempts to subvert the will of the Security Council is frankly concerning. By claiming that your opinion does not matter in this body you admit you have nothing to stand on. I am personally shocked and saddened by this. A global power must always be ready to handle the torch of the international community through the proper legal ways of law that we have built Terra upon. It is only fair we debate, but in times of crisis like this we must act decisively and unified.

The Kundrati Union is willing to back down until the ongoing situation is clarified by the investigation. Until then we must be prepared for anything.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Postby _nicolo_02 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 am

Jonathan Levinsky, Permanent Representative of the Homeland State of Beiteynu
Dear Colleagues. I would like to inform all representatives and diplomats that I have proceeded to remove Mr. Zaarim Yavolim as my Deputy in this institution, for having allegedly violated a domestic act of the Homeland State.
I understand the frustation that has arisen because of Beiteynu’s activities in this institution since the breakout of the Kirlawan crisis and its developments, when I decided to entrust one of my most promising diplomatic trainees to represent my Nation to the world stage. The Homeland State will be more attentive to who will be representing us here. On the other hand, I find it counterproductive for us to relinquish this seat to a successor designate, the Istalian Republic, who hasn’t had significative support for this seat nor has been involved in Terra’s affairs in the last centuries.

The Homeland State of Beiteynu is ready to resume its good-faithed countribution to the world stage, and as a matter of fact, we stand ready to proceed our work on Resolution 139 to enforce international law in an independent manner.
Currently in:
- Dundorf: Dundorfs Sozialdemokratische Partei
- Beiteynu: Mifelegett Ha'avodah

Member of the Role-Play Committee (RPC)
_nicolo_02

Postby hyraemous » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:50 pm

Mr Lier Arsuaga, Security Council Representative of the Kundrati Union

Honoured delegates.

Kirlawa has already launched an attack via chemical weapons at the border between us and Dundorf and themselves. Unfortunately this aready means Kirlawa has chemical weapons and an investigation is therefore unnecessary.

Kirlawa has attacked a member of the Security Council. They have struck at the heart of the World Congress. They believe that they can act by themselves and do what they wish, including crimes against humanity which the World Congress specifically decries, without repercussion and criticism.

I fear Kundrati shall have to work by themselves and with their Artanian partners to stop them.
My nation is: Image Kundrati / My party is: Kundrati Democracy
"Instead realize that your country [Kundrati] isn’t special..." - Farsun
hyraemous

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive