4th Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

4th Security Council Session

Postby Reddy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:29 am

Below are the archived discussions of the 4th Security Council Session, which lasted from 4159 to 4173.

Following the 4159 Security Council election, the Security Council members for the next session were Luthori, Istalia, Kalistan, Hutori and Baltusia.
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
Reddy

Re: Security Council (OOC: authorised participants only)

Postby stuntmonkey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:38 am

Patricia Grayson, Baltusian Foreign Secretary, addresses the Security Council:

Ladies and gentlemen,

On behalf of our nation I would like to say how proud we are to be representing the nations of Terra on the Security Council. We will do our upmost to make a difference.

Mr Lewis Wright has been chosen to be the Ambassador to the Security Council; Mr Otto Blick will continue to be our chief diplomat in the general assembly working alongside Ms Sally Smith. This approach demonstrates our commitment to this Congress and our willingness to work around the clock to get things done.

Our ambassadors have already pledged that Baltusia will work with Istalia and other countries to ensure that a multi-national approach to the Saridanese situation is agreed upon and that is what we will focus on first.

Thank you. I will return to Baltusia now and let Mr Wright make his introductions...
“I venture to suggest that patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.”

― AES II

Current party - Haruzuterēchisuku Refonpātī
stuntmonkey

Postby matthewleitch » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Lewis Wright, Baltusian Ambassador to Seat E of the Security Council:

Good afternoon to all assembled, it is a pleasure to be here. I look forward to working with all of you and doing the best we can for the Terra. I would like to promote the following topics to be on the agenda for our first meetings, to firstly deal with the current Istalia and Sardinan situation to try and prevent it from escalating into a military situation. Secondly I would like to propose the International Court of Justice in the form of a formal resolution. Thank you.

Lewis Wright is an established lawyer, politician and diplomat from Costa De Oro, Baltusia. Early in his career as a corporate lawyer he acted for some very high profile clients such as RailTech Baltusia and Burgmuller Pharmaceuticals. He served as Foreign Secretary for the Conservative Party of Baltusia for several decades before representing Baltusia in the General Assembly later in his political career. In 4157 he retired from both roles of Foreign Secretary and Baltusian Ambassador to the General Assembly. In December of 4158 he was voted in as the candidate for the role of Baltusian Ambassador to Seat E in the Security Council of World Congress.
4042-4190: Baltusian Republican Party (Baltusia)
4190- : Republican Party (Cildania)

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby jamescfm » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:58 pm

It seems that Baltusia and Istalia are in a far better position to reach a decision on the situation involving Saridan so we are satisfied to allow you to take the lead on that matter. With regard to any form of international court, Kalistan's position is clear. We oppose the infringement of national sovereignty in this way and we will vote against any proposal for the creation of an international court.

-Eleanora Montreal, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council
jamescfm

Postby matthewleitch » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:13 am

Lewis Wright, Baltusia Ambassador to the Security Council (SEAT E):

Firstly we thank Ambassador Montreal for being satisfied with ourselves alongside Istalia in being able to reach a conclusion on this issue. I am happy to take the lead on addressing this issue and hope that it will be resolved diplomatically in the near future, however, for this to happen we need diplomatic cooperation on both sides of the table and I thus encourage both Istalia and Sardinian to have flexibility in their stances on this issue.

With regards to the International Court of Justice, I welcome your position, however I believe that it is in the best interests of the Terra so will seek to push through that agenda. I would like to consult all members assembled here and would therefore ask Ambassador Montreal if she has any recommendations for improvement with regards to the international court of justice proposal in the general assembly? I understand that you wholeheartedly oppose it, but say it did pass by way of resolution, how do you think the draft proposal could be improved? Thank you.

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand.” -Milton Friedman
matthewleitch

Postby Axxell » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:25 am

Given the fact that for opinion of Saridan this Council is useless, I would like propose now a Resolution to adopt in case the Saridanese Government will not release the Istalian Citizens still in their hand in less of one year.
A Resolution not too much different from the Resolution 10, which impose sanctions against Beiteynu, a Resolution perfectly adapt for Saridan which policies are as extreme and inhuman as those applied in Beiteynu.

Here the proposed text:

Resolution 12
SEEING the total refuse to the diplomatic and reasonable dialogue of the Government of Saridan,

NOTING how Saridan consider blackmail as a form of diplomacy

GIVEN also the perpetuation of segregation policy, discrimination, internments and negation of most basic rights for the Saridan's minority ethnicities.

GIVEN the arbitrary and illegal detention of Istalian citizens which are persecuted only for their race and citizenships.

ACKNOWLEDGING the total lack of respect of Saridan for this international organization,

THE WORLD CONGRESS SECURITY COUNCIL

Undertakes to organize and establish an International Embargo and Sanctions against the nation of Saridan which will provides:

I. All the nation that will vote in favor to a national bill to adopt this Resolution will cease all trade and economic activities with the Saridanese's Government and with Saridanese's firms.
II. All the nation that will vote in favor to a national bill to adopt this Resolution will refuse to authorize landing of planes and docking of ships of Saridanese's origin, except if there is an emergency or if come a request of political asylum.
III. All the nation that will vote in favor to a national bill to adopt this Resolution will authorize their law enforcment agency to size all the goods as well as the capitals in transit in their nation which have as final destination Saridan.

In addition of this, the Security Council declares Saridan suspended by the World Congress which will refuse the partecipation of the Saridanese's delegation to the organization until the rappeal of this resolution.

These sanctions will only be lifted if the following conditions are met:

I. End of the detention of the Istalian Citizens still under the arbitrary government's judicial law of Saridan.
II. End of the discrimination of the ethnic minority communities living in Saridan.
III. End of the segregation practices for the ethnic minority communities living in Saridan.
IV. Recognition of full citizenships to all the inhabitants of Saridan.
V. The Authorization for a Mission leaded by the General Secreatary of the World Congress to enter in Saridan to ascertain the situation and to determine whether the government of Saridan will be actually accomplishing the request of the Security Council to lift the Embargo and to re-admit Saridan in the World Congress organization.

About the rest of the Resolution which Istalia have already to vote, we vote:

Yes to the Resolution 10.

Thank you.

~ Casistro Malga, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Adithya » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Rebecca Johnson,Outgoing Hutorian Representative to the Security Council:-

We support these Measures against the Racist, Segregationist and Inhumane Government of Saridan ,It is high time that the Government of Saridan realise their mistakes,we as responsible nations need to Fight Against Racism.Hutori is a Proud Nation Built By Immigrants and Unlike Saridan,is well Known for Accepting All People with open arms.

First Their Government Must Recognise Their Mistakes and as the resolution rightfully states repeal all Existing Racist, Segregationist and Torturous Policies

Hutori Firmly Votes YES in favour of Resolution 10.

And also,All Ties Between Hutori and Saridan have been Cut for the past two years,and it will continue to be so,until Saridan Recognises and Corrects it's Horrible Mistakes.

Thank you
Adithya

Postby jamescfm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Kalistan votes to ABSTAIN on Resolution 12.

jamescfm

Postby matthewleitch » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Lewis Wright, Baltusia Ambassador to the Security Council:

Whilst we don't want to have to impose embargoes unless completely necessary, the lack of cooperation and flexibility by Sardinan has unfortunately pushed us to support the proposed resolution. We have to prevent a military conflict, therefore

Baltusia votes YES on Resolution 12.

matthewleitch

Postby jamescfm » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:35 pm

With the required majority of three votes reached, I declare Resolution 12 PASSED.

-Phang Thi Hong, General Secretary of the World Congress

On behalf of Kalistan, I propose the following:
Resolution 13 wrote:The Security Council of the World Congress immediately reverses a prior decision to suspend the Republic of Saridan. Saridan is free to participate in World Congress activities as any other nation is.

We find it appalling that the Security Council wishes to condolidate its own power by excluding certain nations. If this resolution does not pass soon, we will consider withdrawing from the chamber altogether. Kalistan votes AYE to Resolution 13.

jamescfm

Next

Return to Sessions Archive