3rd Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

3rd Security Council Session

Postby jamescfm » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 3rd Security Council Session, which lasted from 4144 to 4159.

Members of the Security Council,

The debacle involving Baltusia and Aldegar, which has played out publically in the General Assembly, has demanded our attention for too long: we have neglected it. I submit the following resolution for the consideration of the World Congress Security Council.

Resolution 11 wrote:Recognising that a misunderstanding and misreporting of facts is central to the current period of heightened tensions between Baltusia and the Glorious Shahdom of Aldegar, the Security Council shall authorise and facilitate a fact-finding and peace-keeping force to enter Baltusia, with the co-operation of the Baltusian government. These operations shall be conducted primarily by the Federation of Zardugal, the Kingdom of Kazulia and the United Republic of Kalistan. The Security Council shall appoint a committee to oversee the mission.

The objectives shall be to establish whether the treatment of Aldegarians in Baltusia, specifically their reported mass expulsion, is fair, just and humane and if it is not, ensure that changes are made. Furthermore, investigations will be conducted to determine the truth behind the plethora of accusations levied against Baltusia.

Kalistan votes AYE to Resolution 11.

-Eleanora Montreal, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council
jamescfm

Re: Security Council (OOC: authorised participants only)

Postby Axxell » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 pm

The Istalian Delegation vote YES to the Resolution 11.

I think that Baltusia could showed itself collaborative. They already presented infos and various data when we requested to them in the General Assembly and already accepted the peacekeeping mission from Kazulia.
I hope Aldegar will be colaborative as well as Baltusia, but just now seems, and I said seems, that was reluctant to release infos and more interested to discredit the Baltusian words.

About the rest, I would like invite the Council to keep in mind who pretend to be king of other nations and the will of these other nations to decided indipendently their institutional policies and who they want that governs their nations.

Thank you

~ Casistro Malga, Ambassador of Istalian Republic to the World Congress
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Axxell » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Hon. Members of the Council,

The situation that involve Baltusia and Aldegar is becoming simply ridicoulus! My delegation support the decision of Kalistan (and Zardugal) to defend the borders of Aldegar from any attack. My nation support it.

But we cannot accept that Kalistan could support the madness request of the Shah about its unilateral decision to become king of Baltusia. And why we have to do genealogic researchs or why we have to ask to Aldegar's HoS to show profs of its right to be king of Baltusia?
We cannot follow the words of an exalted king that seems to want became the HoS of half world! We have only to hear the will of the peoples that live in that nations.
Istalia until now never have seen profs from Aldegar that show that the Baltusian people want Shannam as their HoS, we have only see profs from Baltusia about the strong opposition of the political forces as well as of the local inhabitants to the Aldegarian monarch.

Again, we have seen cooperation and disponibility only from the Baltusian Government, that invited various times the World Congress and other nations to condut fact-finders operations on its territories, that showed to this organization also confidential materials and douments.

About the Kalistani delegation and its Ambassador: could you show us that Baltusian services applied torture during the famous interrogatory for which you accused Baltusia? And about its decision to expel Aldegarian citizens we wait the same profs about tortures, executions, violences, etc...

We see a nation even frightened by the threat of an armed conflict, a conflict that seems wanted by the head of state of Aldegar and a major political force, that wanted to avoid any possible action that could involve Aldegarian citizens demanding them to leave the nation as unwanted people, a practice that involved also istalian citizens in some other nations, that I think have the right to decide who can enter or not in their borders.
The bill in fact talk about ALDEGARIAN CITIZENS, not about baltusian citizens with aldegarian origins or involved aldegarian minorities in Baltusia.
Why Kalistan talk about "ethnic cleaning"? Where? And how you dare to compare the Baltusian decision to do not make enter Aldegarian citizens in their borders and the Beiteynu decision to segregate and enslave beityenese citizens of not beiteynu's origins?

We are really tired of this behavior of the Kalistani ambassador and government. We accept the remark against military action, we accept the defense of the Aldegarian borders, but we cannot accept this position. You already take a decision about this situation: Baltusia is wrong because you think (give us the profs of the tortures and yes, we already saw the bill about the emergency measures introduced in Baltusia, but about that interrogatory?) Baltusia has violated human rights, but that Aldegar without any right (because the dynastic and genealogical rights are worth less than zero in front of the democratically expressed will) want to impose their own shah to baltusians for you is a minor problem! It isn't?

Or we have to think that Kalistan have second interests that linked it with Aldegar?
Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:26 pm

We have already stated we do not support the government of Aldegar however they are not taking any action which is of consequence. If my Istalian counterpart would like to suggest something which Aldegar has done, which they feel is worthy of consequence- I will respond to that. Until then, Aldegar is irrelevant to the situation. Baltusia, on the other hand, is practicing ethnic cleansing. That is the action for which they are being criticised and it has already been made absolutely clear that this is the case. Opposition to one side does not mean support for the other.

jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Declared undesiderable foreign citizens, consider them as illegal immigrant with not right to stay in Baltusia, you really consider that as ethnic cleaning? Comparable to the actions in force in Beiteynu?
Baltusia have all the right to cancel the visas to all the foreign citizens that they want! Aldegarian as well as all other foreign citizens and invited this foreign citizens to leave the nation.
Without a visa a foreign citizens is an illegal immigrant with no right to stay inside the borders of a nation and this nation have all the right to expell it, and to do it, it's obvious that needs a period of identification and also of detention (or did you prefer that Baltusian government would embark thousand and thousand of aldegar citizens in the same ship or plane to bring back in Aldegar them)?

In my nation the illegal immigrant are placed in center of identification and integration, but in many nation these centers are used only as temporary "home" of the illegal immigrant waiting for the expulsion.
Do you consider these action as a violation of human rights? Really?
Can the Kalistanian delegation said us when it will retourn with the foot on the soil among all the other poor mortals?

Give us profs of your allegations against Baltusia, for example about the tortures (we until now never see profs about it, as declared in the general assembly, and also of the "ethnic cleaning", real ethnic cleaning, not foreing citizens expulsions! Until now we saw only the take of position of your delegation about the "scent" of some human rights violation and that, as usual, afraid to take sides and always ready to whack all as the teacher of the class.

And someone said to us that Kalistan are conduct a hate international policies against Baltusia, trying to make cut relations of other nations with Baltusia. It's true? And about your recent increased relations with Aldegar? What could you said to us? You still not answer to my dubt about "second interests" of Kalistan in this situation.

Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:21 pm

I have made clear already, Kalistan's position and I will do so only one final time. To quote the Aldegarian ambassador exactly;
Ethnic cleansing is 'the mass expulsion or killing of members of one ethnic or religious group in an area by those of another'. Aldegarian is an ethnicity which gives its name to the nation of Aldegar. Baltusia passed a bill stating; 'All Aldegerian citizens who have NOT left Baltusia by January 1st 4150 will be actively searched for. If found, they shall be arrested, placed in a detention centre, placed in a 3 month jail facility and deported as soon as the 3 months is over.' That is ethnic cleansing.

There is nothing 'undesirable' about people from Aldegar; for you to refer to them as such is absolutely appalling. The reason Kalistan has cut relations with Baltusia is that we will not support a nation which engages in such disgusting practices. It is curious that you recognise the right of Baltusia to practise this inhumane policy but not Kalistan's right to withdraw from international treaties. We have made no allegations of torture.

Unless Istalia is willing to present some kind of case against Aldegar, we are going to presume they are being deliberately contradictory.

jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

Kalistan have always the right to withdrawn from its relationships from Baltusia! When we declared otherwise? Obviously you can! We are only awared by a hate campaign that could not have strong basis.

A nation that are in serious crisis with other nation have all the right to ask to citizens of this other nation to leave it! Or, I ask you again: do you want impose to other nation who make enter inside its territories?
And we are really shoked by the Kalistani delegation: in all the juriditional school is assumed that the ethnic group victims of the ethnic cleaning have to be citizens of the same nation of the majority that are perpetuing the ethnical cleaning.
The Aldegarian Citizens, not baltusian citizens with aldegarian origins, not baltusian that belong to the major religion of Aldegar, was expulsed. Foreign Citizens are foreign citizens: they can enter or not in a nations a discrection of the local government!
A minority ethnic group is formed by local citizens belonging to other ethnical group, not foreing citizens that are only visiting or that do not have the citizenship! it's really different!
Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

I must insist that order is restored to this chamber. Heated and continuous debate is inevitable in the General Assembly but in the Security Council, we must endeavour to retain some structure! It is my view that the positions of Kalistan and Istalia are irreconcilable. Istalia is convinced that Baltusia is blameless and Kalistan is convinced of the opposite. Let us work from that position to reach a productive outcome of some kind rather than attempt, fruitlessly to change the situation at the moment.

-Phang Thi Hong, General Secretary of the World Congress
jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 am

As ordered by my Government, I apologize the Kalistan delegation for the harsh word expressed to me and I was invested to restablish cordial relations with you to solve the current situation, given that Istalia and Kalistan seems to be the sole active members of the Security Council.
The Istalian delegation accept the blame on Baltusia, they acted to extremely with their decision to expel the Aldegarians, it's true. The international community are expressing its disappointment and this pushed Baltusia to reppeal the emergency measures and a plan are improved to restart the access of aldegarians in Baltusia.
Baltusia recognize its error, we rocognize its error, all the world are recognizing its error and for this reason, with shame, Baltusia overcome the too extreme measures and take action to cancel these provisions. During the Saridanese Crisis the reppeal of the slavery and segregational legislation put definitively an end to the crisis and both Istalia and Kalistan showed to be ready to reppeal, and they reppealed, the sanction against Saridan.

But they are strongly oppose to the accuse about the torture:
Kalistan showed us only a document, the same showed us by Baltusia, about an interrogation and in effect there are in this documents no profs of torture.
As said, Kalistan affirmed this showing a document that have no evidence and that no talk about torture (OOC: and now you have to explain me where you read something about tortures in the bill of the interrogation), a document and a confession which content was perfectly confirmed by the NDU itself when the aldegarian party admitted the presence of internal elements that built the conspiracy against Baltusia. Also the fact that pratically all the elements of the confession was confirmed by the revelation of the NDU make think us that it was not a false confession released to put an end to possible abuses and so extorted with violence.
And in addition, Kazulia confirmed the perpetuation of tortures saying to my government that this was recognized during its fact-finding mission, a fact-finding mission that Baltusia said us that never Kazulia accomplished!
Never Kazulia start any communication to organize the mission and, as said, seems that never this mission was accomplished (OOC: the player of Baltusia said me that never Kazulian player wrote to him or to other parties to decide the RP evolment about the mission, and as it was an RP unilateral declaration not concorded, this shall to be considerer also in-game a lie).
So, there are no evidence about a mission and we want know why Kazulia communicate us the confirmation of tortures and we want know what elements Kalistan have to affirm it.
Until now, the only that has produced evidence, brought data also showed confidential documents was Baltusia, the only that give disponibility to accept all the nations, not some screened, but invited all the nations that would like conduct investigation in its territories, with no preference about which nation shall do it was Baltusia.
And we do not think that Baltusia could be so mad to risk to get hit itself with your own hands given the possibilities to anyone to collect info and data against Baltusia.
So, we remain very skeptical about the Kalistan statements, especially after the Kazulian's communication that it gave us and denied by Baltusia and supported by the fact that only the words of Kazulian government, and no other evidence, has supported the existence of the tortures.

My HoG ordered me, threatening to replace me, to leave behind us my precedent line of action and start to cooperate with the maximum relax and respect, but he request also that the Kalistani delegation begin to show less reticence about its declarations and brign us some effective evidence about its accusation (obviously I'm talking of the torture).
But my Government would also ask to Kalistan, whenever these evidences will bring or not, if we arrive or not actually to confirm the allegations of torture against Baltusia, (and given the withdrawal of security measures previously adopted), what would like to do Kalistan to solve the conflict between Aldegar and Baltusia?
What We have to do with Baltusia? Have We to ask the skin of the parliament members, of the Government members or of the President? Have We to destroy the economy of Baltusia (but I would like, as made previously, how kalistan reppeal the sanction also againt Saridan when they abolished the slavery and the segregation)? Have We to let Aldegar make what it want with Baltusia? Have We to give to Aldegar the sovereignty of Baltusia? Have we to overcome the will of the baltusian people expressed with a referendum that expressed the totally opposition of almost all part of the baltusians to the Aldegarian Shah and the monarchical government form? (A referendum launched by a baltusian party itself, a referendum that they are not obbliged to conduct because: since when the claims of an individuals of a foreign nations became more strong of the self-determination of a nation and a people?)

Have we continue to accept that Aldegar continue to make ridicoulus claim about Baltusia? Temporarily putting aside the baltusia errors, just to one answer: how Kalistan would like face the Aldegarian position and the Aldegarian claims?
So, how Kalistan would prefer solve the situation? What have to do Baltusia and what have to do Aldegar for the opinion of the Kalistani Government?

Thank you

Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:48 pm

This episode becomes more wearisome and pointless by the second. Since I left the General Assembly and did not return, what progress has been made? Literally none! Istalia, Baltusia and to a less extent nations such as Dolgarstan have made absolutely no positive contribution. The situation is actually worse off than if nothing had been said at all. It is for this reason that I withdrew from the chamber, Istalia and Baltusia have pushed the petty issues and minor squabbles over what term was used or who was to blame for this and that much too far. In my estimation, we have gone from a position where a amiable conclusion could have been reached to a literal point of no return. Aldegar will no longer cooperate with the World Congress and the nations mentioned above are to blame.

I implore my Istalian counterpart, just stop for heaven's sake. I do not see what is to be gained from this constant insistence on winning every little point. Aldegar's Shah is behaving irresponsibly. The Aldegarian government is being self-serving, rigid and completely deluded on matter across the board. Nobody, except Aldegar, disagrees with that but a little pragmatism is needed. If Kalistan were to approach Istalia and say 'your form of government is backwards, your people are idiots and you'r religion is a fiction' then ask you to make a treaty with us, I'm sure your response would be the same.

For the record, Kalistan never accused Baltusia of torture. I, personally, expressed an opinion that it had taken place but I made clear that it was speculation on my part. Our main criticism was of ethnic cleansing, which we insist took place. Fortunately, that is now over and as a result Kalistan does not intend to cut relations with Baltusia. Istalia's absolute demand that we revoke that claim served no purpose other than to draw attention away from reaching a productive outcome! In future, Istalia must learn to be sensible and realistic with their approach. For all the accusations of Kalistani idealism, Istalia's dogmatic approach has landed us where we are today.

For the immediate future, I will continue to steer clear of the General Assembly. This matter, between Aldegar and Baltusia, must now be left to heal over time. We have long since passed the point of no return and any further attempt to bring the two sides together will only make things worse.

jamescfm

Next

Return to Sessions Archive