1st Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Security Council Session I

Postby Axxell » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:43 pm

Hon. members of the Security Council, Mr. Chairman, General Segretary,

I would express on behalf of my nation full agreement on this resolution and full agreement on the proposal of the Hawu Mumenhes Ambassador.
Also Istalia has been concerned to monitor such situations and was particularly shoked by the current situation in Malivia, reduced to a private estate of that East Artania Company after the crazy policies that we may well define anarcho-capitalist.
I think that this body, if it does not want to be reduced to a powerless institution, should arrange concrete actions coordinating the activities of member nations to graant, as stated in the resolution proposal "to conduct fact-finding and humanitarian aid missions to Saridan and Deltaria to ensure the cooperation and compliance of their respective governments".
But even before, this body have to find the way to exercise political , diplomatic as well as commercial pressure to push the cited nations to take the necessary steps to meet the humanitarian demands of this noble Istitution, to actually help the oppressed people of these regimes.

Istalia would congratulate the Esinsundu Empire and its components for the measure put in place against the regime in Malivia, namely the Malivian Embargo. In fact, to hit the organization leading that regime we have to cutting off all possible sources of income and resurces for the East Artania Company.
The nations which joint the Embargo is making a great jobs, but we are learning that the East Artania Company is looking for and are finding new outlets for support itself and circumvent the embargo, so I think that this body have to fully support this measure. Measure that we think it might be used as an instrument to also push other similar regime to abandon the use of such practices, which are nothing more, as pointed out by the colleague, the worst crimes against the dignity of human life.

Thank you.

~ Giovanni Paolo Fulgi, Istalian Ambassador to the World Congress
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Re: Security Council (OOC: authorised participants only)

Postby jamescfm » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Members of the Security Council,

On behalf of Kalistan, I offer my support for the revised motion and urge its implementation as soon as possible.

-Oscar Machado, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council
jamescfm

Postby CCP » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:17 pm

We thank the AmbassadorS from Kalistan for accepting the amendment as friendly and thank the Ambassador from Istalia for his support. We second Ambassador Machado's motion to bring the resolution to vote.

HAWU MUMENHES VOTES AYE TO THE RESOLUTION as amended

~ Remington Palmer, Hawu Mumenhes Ambassador to the World Congress
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Axxell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:23 pm

We join the call for actions of fellow Kalistan.
The board should speed up work on the presentation of the resolution against slavery.

But to be a warning to every nation, we propose to create a General Resolution against Slavery and then a Condemnation Resolution against Saridan, Deltaria and Malivia and maybe against any nation that is staining of similar crimes, a resolution of condemnation establishing adeguate tools to hit the indicated nations.
And that is why I support the Kalistani proposal of an embargo as stated in the General Assembly in response to the delegate of Saridan.

~ Giovanni Paolo Fulgi, Ambassador of Istalian Republic
Axxell

Postby Axxell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:25 pm

Member of the Secuirty Council,

I would invite you to point out your attention on the question presented to the General Assembly by the Government of Kazulia about the start of "military exercise" in Pontesi territory by the Beiteynu Government.
Here more info from the Yishelem Tribun (Beiteynu Newspaper): viewtopic.php?f=17&t=52&start=300#p107156.

As I declared in the General Assembly, my Government propose to the Security Council the formation of a Diplomatic Mission in Yishelem to invite Beiteynu to stop immediatly these operations.
We are in fact concerned by the reaction of the Kazulian Government, that declared to my Government it's ready to a military response.
I would invite the Council to consider a course of action similar to the assumed for the Saridan situation: discourage Beiteynu to going up against half Terra.

Kazulia showed a strong resolution dealing with the situation and we should point out to Beiteynu that its Foreign Policies could trigger a major reaction to protect the Pontesi population, given the Pontesi situation avoid any kind of ability to defend its sovereignty.
Beiteynu is ready to take responsibility of this? They are ready to counter the consequences? It will convenient to them?

Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Firstly, I would like to bring a resolution before the Council. Kalistan has set in motion the processes necessary in order to send a fleet of ships, a mixture of vessels to bring back slaves and of naval vessels to protect them, from a range of different nations to the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan. To take this action without, at least, notifying the Security Council would set dangerous precedents about how a nation should behave in international affairs. Therefore I present the following motion for the consideration of the Council and would like a decision reached as swiftly as possible. Kalistan will vote in favour.

Recognising that the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan has behaved towards its citizens in a manner which falls significantly short of internationally recognised and accepted standards, the Security Council of the World Congress hereby permits the United Republic of Kalistan, along with any other nation which wishes to do so, to send a fleet of vessels to the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan in order to provide refuge and sanctuary to persecuted persons.

Furthermore, recognising that the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan has explicitly stated that they will not allow this action to take place and that this presents a serious risk of military action against the aforementioned vessels, the Security Council of the World Congress hereby permits any nation which wishes to do so, notably the Federal Republic of Hutori, Istalian Republic, the United Republic of Kalistan and the Esinsundu Empire nations of Hawu Mumenhes, Talmoria and Cobura, the opportunity to accompany said vessels. The purposes of accompaniment shall be to deter the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan from attempting any kind of armed response to the fleet's arrival and subsequent attempts to alleviate the suffering of the Saridanese population.

Additionally, I would like to offer my support to the proposal from the Istalian Ambassador. Beiteynu has behaved in a manner which is absolutely contrary to expected standards from a nation which claims to be a nuclear power and we must contact the government to ensure that their Kazulian counterpart does not get drawn into a full-scale military conflict. Furthermore, the claims by Beiteynu, that it now possesses nuclear capability, should trigger international alarm bells and, in my view, are cause for independent investigation. Now, Kalistan's primary concern is in Seleya, hence why we have taken a leading role in the Saridan affair, but we would certainly offer our support to any attempt to resolve this situation.

jamescfm

Postby Axxell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Honorable Members,

The current Government of Istalia is ready to support the Multinational task proposed by Kalistan and we are ready to offer a naval squadron made up of an Aircraft Carrier, two missilistic destroyer and two multipurpose frigate; our task is conceived to offer an effective anti-aircraft warfare capability and the controlle of the air space, to graant the maximum defense to the transport ships and to offer the maximum deterrent effect.
And I would informe you that my Government is ready also to lead the diplomatic mission to Beiteynu. Our Foreign Affairs ministry will contact other Majatran Nations to support an official motion to present to Beiteynu.
But for the last proposal, I would informe you that it will depend from the results of the incumbent general elections in Istalia. I will update the Security Council of the situation.

Thank you.

Axxell

Postby CCP » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:13 pm

I am concerned about General Secretary Kruger's long absence given the increasingly urgent business pending before us. I do not know when the General Secretary expects to return, but until his does, I propose the following Resolutions to help expedite Security Council business.

Security Council Resolution 1 wrote:If the General Secretary has been absent from Security Council proceedings for 96 hours (four days) or more, by majority vote the Security Council may appoint any Security Council member as Temporary Chairperson. The Temporary Chairperson may exercise all the powers of the General Secretary. The Temporary Chairperson may serve until the General Secretary returns or until the Temporary Chairperson is replaced or removed from office by a Security Council Resolution.

Security Council Resolution 2 wrote:If the Security Council Resolution regarding slavery in Saridan and Deltaria is passed before the General Secretary returns, the Ambassador from Kalistan, Mr. Oscar Machado, is hereby appointed World Congress Special Rapporteur for Saridan and Deltaria. The Special Rapporteur may exercise all the powers granted to the General Secretary under the terms of the Saridan and Deltaria Resolution.

As Ambassador Fulgi, Ambassador Machado and myself are now present and form a majority of the Security Council, I believe we have justifiable authority to consider these Resolutions passed if and when we vote for them. General Secretary Kruger may wish to challenge our actions when he returns, but since we form the majority of the Security Council, I believe General Secretary Kruger is likely to defer to our consensus.

Therefore I encourage Ambassador Fulgi and Ambassador Machado to join me in voting YES to Resolution 1 and Resolution 2.

HAWU MUMENHES votes YES to Security Council Resolution 1
HAWU MUMENHES votes YES to Security Council Resolution 2

~ Remington Palmer, Hawu Mumenhes Ambassador to the World Congress
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Axxell » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Ambassador Palmer, Members of the Council,

Istalia vote in favor of the Resolution 1 YES
and for the Resolution 2 YES

And I would like propose to the Kalistani collegue to launch its proposal of resolution as "Resolution 3" and "Resolution 4" and Istalia dare to recommend this form:

Resolution 3
The Security Council of the World Congress hereby recognises that slavery and the slave trade are inherently evil practices crimes which are to be utterly condemned. Furthermore, nations, organisations and individuals which turn a blind eye are failing in their duty to eradicate these disgusting practices crimes.
To this end, the Security Council of the World Congress issues official condemnation against all form of slavery and slave trade as crimes against humanity.
This is a condemnation against all the subject, public as well as private which burden themselves with this crime against humanity and we invite all the nations of Terra to break any relationship with the subjects mentioned.

Resolution 4
Given the Resolution 3, with wich the Security Council condamn all form of slavery and slave trade, the Security Council approves a resolution against the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan, the Fascist Kingdom of Deltaria and the tormented and exploited Free State of Malivia, and against the East Artanian Company which now controls the Free State as a personal property, including residents, which permit slavery and the slave trade to exist in their respective nations. Hereby demands that Saridan, Deltaria and the East Artanian Company, entity which "control" Malivia, immediately release all people within their jurisdictions from illegal bondage, hereby demands that enslaved persons or their heirs be compensated by the Saridan and Deltarian governments and, regarding Malivia, by the East Artania Company for their ordeals, hereby demands that the governments of Saridan and Deltaria and the East Artanian Company immediately implement statutory overhauls to eradicate the culture of slavery and all its attendant crimes and customs from their respective societies, hereby directs General Secretary Kruger - or his appointed substitue - to conduct fact-finding and humanitarian aid missions to Saridan, Deltaria and Malivia to ensure the cooperation and compliance of their respective governments, and hereby calls upon and encourages all Member Nations, their agents, citizens, civil societies, and aid groups to contribute to, support, and defend the General Secretary's mission by all due means.

Also Istalia would present a resolution, an invite to the nations of Terra to joint the Hawu Mumenhes initiative of the Embargo against Malivia and the establishment of an international accord to establish Embargos against also Saridan and Deltaria.
Give me your opinion dear collegues.

Thank you.

Last edited by Axxell on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axxell

Postby jamescfm » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Kalistan votes YES on Resolution 1.
Kalistan votes YES on Resolution 2.
Kalistan votes YES on Resolution 3.
Kalistan votes YES on Resolution 4.

We also bring the following resolution to a vote officially, as Resolution 5.

Resolution 5 wrote:Recognising that the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan has behaved towards its citizens in a manner which falls significantly short of internationally recognised and accepted standards, the Security Council of the World Congress hereby permits the United Republic of Kalistan, along with any other nation which wishes to do so, to send a fleet of vessels to the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan in order to provide refuge and sanctuary to persecuted persons.

Furthermore, recognising that the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan has explicitly stated that they will not allow this action to take place and that this presents a serious risk of military action against the aforementioned vessels, the Security Council of the World Congress hereby permits any nation which wishes to do so, notably the Federal Republic of Hutori, Istalian Republic, the United Republic of Kalistan and the Esinsundu Empire nations of Hawu Mumenhes, Talmoria and Cobura, the opportunity to accompany said vessels. The purposes of accompaniment shall be to deter the Ameliorate Republic of Saridan from attempting any kind of armed response to the fleet's arrival and subsequent attempts to alleviate the suffering of the Saridanese population.

Kalistan votes YES on Resolution 5.

jamescfm

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive