1st Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: Security Council (OOC: authorised participants only)

Postby jamescfm » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:20 pm

The Honourable Ambassador Fulgi,

There is nothing funny about this matter; we are not here to score political point or indulge in petty squabbles. The Vanukean government deserve nothing less than credit for their work and might I point out that five thousand is five thousand more than your government was able to facilitate the rescue of, the same is true for my own.

Lives saved are lives saved.

-Oscar Machado, Kalistani Ambassador to the Security Council
jamescfm

Postby Kubrick » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Ambassador Fulgi,

You may sneer and squabble all you want, trying to stir us up against your nation but we will not respond to your warmongering in a chamber built for international unity and peace. The Istalian approach failed, let that be clear. Istalia saved zero lives and even caused the deaths of their own citizens, that is a true disgrace. And instead of opening a dialogue with the Saridani government you only condemn them. The Vanukean government does care about human lives and has expressed their concerns to the Saridani Council of Elders. They have pledged to cease the executions of foreign citizens, so further Istalian and Kalistani troublemakers in Saridan should at least be safe from the firing party that has already killed too many. If only the Istalian delegation sat here for international progress and not their own political agenda. Disgraceful behaviour for such a chamber, I do hope the General Secretary is taking note. Furthermore, the government of Vanuku has also sent advisors in Saridan to hopefully solve the ongoing insurgency against Duntrekker farmers, these runaway slaves will also be offered refuge in Vanuku. And as a last fact: we have surpassed 5,000 refugees and will continue our operation without Istalian involvement. With a little luck next year we will seat at 10,000 or 15,000. But I doubt the Istalian ambassador cares about this. We also thank the Kalistani ambassador mr. Machado for his rationality and pragmatism, whatever squabbles there were in the past we are now here to work towards a common goal. Thank you.

Prince Aldrkai seats himself again and starts directing his delegation to draft messages. At that point the General Secretary stands up and sighs before speaking.

Members of the Council, Ambassador Fulgi,

Please alter your behaviour in this chamber. I have previously warned you for personal insults and sneers and you continue to do such, if you can not behave like a professional diplomat I will have to request Istalia for a new ambassador that can. This is your final warning, the Chairman of the Committee will take note of this. [Chairman Horch nods and pens down something on his paper]. Now, to address your response. I have seen the Istalian government reaching out to the Beiteynu state, as I previously said, I merely requested you to await their response before demanding we take action. Communication is key. I do hope the other delegations agree.

And on a last note, Ambassador Fulgi, your international news refers to the head of state of Saridan as Philippus Kruger. That is me, I am Philippus T. Kruger, General Secretary of the Security Council. I am not Rev. Hendrik Kruger, head of state of Saridan. That is my cousin and I have nothing to do with that man. I do hope you can manage to keep us apart.

The General Secretary sits himself down again, clearly not in the greatest moods.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Axxell » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:18 pm

OOC: sorry, there is a confusion by my part. I would really refer to the HoG of Saridan. It was not part of the role play :')
Alleanza Radicale (Radical Alliance) - Istalia (Active)
Axxell

Postby Axxell » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:33 pm

Members of the Council,

I apologize for the declarations, [said Fulgi though with a granite face and sharp eyes relaxing after only a few seconds but to leave behind the bitterness, I would point out the attention of the Council on the intervention of trigunian ambassador:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6914&start=40#p107462

And I would like propose an alternative way:

Given the development situation of Deltaria viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6630&hilit=rankings&start=50
what do you think to propose this idea: "economical aid for humanitarian reforms"?

The delegate of Kalistan proposed to create something like a fund to aid the less developed nations. Why do not try to spread the respect of almost the basical human rights with aid and economical development?

Whit the prevision of a select committee to supervise that does not to avoid creating situations of economic subjection or economic colonialism?

It could be a solution win-win!

I invite the Council to think about this proposal.

Thank you

~ Giovanni Paolo Fulgi, Ambassador of Istalian Republic
Axxell

Postby CCP » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Members of the Security Council,

I'd like to address this questions Ambassador Fulgi asked here. The Free Kingdom and all the nations of the Emperor's Imperial Majesty remain in complete support of the humanitarian mission to Saridan as originally designed by Ambassador Machado of Kalistan. Our Imperial Armed Forces also remain at the ready to accompany that mission when it gets underway which we hope will be soon. I believe that Resolution 4 is entirely sufficient in clarifying the support of this Security Council for that mission. We voted against Resolution 5 because it is redundant and unnecessary, and also because it would set the precedent that nations require the permission of the Security Council to carry out humanitarian and other armed missions. We will never support an action that would in any way limit a sovereign government's ability to defend the cause of liberty. Further, in negotiating with Vanuku after it deployed war ships to the Saridan coast to defend the 'culture' of wretched criminals like Geert Verdonk, the honorable Ambassador from Kalistan has demonstrated that he does not believe any nation requires Security Council permission to deploy its military for any reason. If Vanuku does not require Security Council 'permission' to deploy its ships, then most certainly neither do we. Vanuku has raised its flag in defense of the vilest of crimes and has the unmitigated gall to stand in this august chamber asking the world to thank them for accepting 'refugees.' Because that's what the kidnapped and tortured of Saridan are: 'refugees.'

Colleagues, the actions of Saridan are unspeakable, and Vanuku has made itself an accomplice to the unspeakable. This Security Council has supported Resolutions 1 through 4 by majority vote. The General Secretary needs to do his job and declare those Resolutions duly passed, then he needs to lead the mission to Saridan as directed by the authority of this Security Council or he needs to resign his compromised position and allow someone of courage and principle to take his place before his cowardice and his government's unscrupulousness leaves the tortured of Saridan to be held against their will yet another day.

~Remington Palmer, Hawu Mumenhes Ambassador to the World Congress
Global Roleplay Committee Chair(until March 2019)
Ity ꜣḥwt xꜣdt, Hawu Mumenhes
Movement for Radical Libertarianism, Talmoria
Enarekh Koinonia, Cobura
Sizwe Esintsundu Amandla Inhlangano, Ibutho
Christian Communalist Party, Rildanor
CCP

Postby Axxell » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Members of the Council,

First of all I would thanks Ambassador Palmer to have focused our attention on something that is simply obvious.

My Government gave me a message for the Council, My Government, a Government that accept the reproach for unprofessional behavior of its ambassador, but do not accept to be accused to be a warmonger, an imperialist nation that try to crush other cultures and nations.

My Government don't accept similar accusations.

[Fulgi takes a paper from its document folder and start to read]
This Government in fact is extremely frustated by this situation. And now we want point out just something and give clarity about all this crisis and other events about the still brief history of the Council:

Istalia, that based all its campaign on a principle, what that push us to spread and defense of the Human Rights, which fought and fights for this cause, in this moment is depicted and blamed as a warmonger and an imperialistic nation which want imperate to crush other cultures.
We showed to be faifhful for the principles that we declared to want to defend and we were reproached and accused.

While, about Vanuku, its Government too built its campaign to the Security Council on the cause against the slavery and the resolute opposition of Vanuku and Istalia pushed Jelbania, the slavery nation agaist which we fought, to abolish this hateful practice.
Now, Vanuku, reached its objective, seems to have forgot what it promised to no few nations all over the world.
Now Vanuky are putting first their interests, political as well as, obviously, economical!
Vanuky is prefering to oppose its particularly interests to the cause of the freedom and the justice, a cause that publicized as its cause, presenting itself as a Champion of the Freedom and the Justice,
Vanuku now is commended in the Security Council for its great succes, for its great "humanitarian rescue".
Well, Istalia refuse to commend Vanuku for its truly imperialist behavior, Istalia refuse to commend Vanuku to have given more time to the saridanese regime to perpetuate its crime, to having make wasted time to this august body, we refuse to commend Vanuky to "have forgot" almost half milion of people (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4320&start=320#p107357) in the hand of the regime, reduced to slavery in the name of the indoctrination, something that is totally opposed to the cause Vanaku declared as its cause.

We only commend Kalistan for the efforts to find a diplomatic solution, we only commend Kalistan, for its efforts to overcome in some way the opposition of Vanuku. We consider only Kalistan truly worthy of praise for the thousands of people who have managed to flee the nightmare they were living.

We are tired by the laxism of this institution, we are tired of the fair of hypocrisy that blocked for too much months any progress, we are tired of the reproach for our courage, for our belief in the Freedom, in the Reason, in the Tollerance, in the Democracy, concept inseparable from the principle of the protection of minorities.
Istalia was founded on these values and principles, not only one time, because Istalians always fight against the tyranny, istalians always fight for their ideals, istalians always fought for those who loved, istalians always fought for those who could not defend themselves and for those who had no voice to cry.
And we refuse to throw mud on the memory of those that died in the name of these principles. We refuse to throw mud on the memory of our founder fathers that fought to give to their childrens a better world, free from the violence of the oppression and of the tyranny. And we don't want continue to watch powerless the shame tarnishing this institution and our hands.

We can't, we must not, we don't want.

Before finishing, I would personally still thank ambassador Palmer to have pointed out the attention of the Council also on the behavior of the General Secretary. Istalia join Hawu Mumenhes in asking to the General Secretary starts to take the necessary act to proclame the passed Resolutions and to organize the mission by long time requested with force by three members of the Council and stopped by the intervention of the last (it was really responsability of Vanuku?). My Government want declared that started to consider the General Secretary strangely compromised since the begining of this crisis in Saridan.
We have no more to add, we will wait for this institution wakes up from torpor that has gripped it leaving him almost mute and impotent since he was born.
And since today, we pretend that Vanuku leaves home his vainglory and its interests none invisible. Vanuku can not pretend bilateral dialogue in face of this crisis, Vanuku have to talk here with us seriously respecting the positions of the others members of the Council.

Thank you

Last edited by Axxell on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axxell

Postby Axxell » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Members of the Council,

I would like focused the attention on the development of the deltarian situation. In fact the Liberal Democratic Party gained a majoritarian support from the deltarians and recently gained the elections and now they, to the power, are trying to demolish the illiberal fascist dictature.

The new government in this moment promises to want achieve two objective with different priority:

1. They would like, as supporter of the former monarchical dynasty and monarchical system, reestablish the Tsardom in Deltaria.
2. According to analysis of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and at least from what promote the LibDems, the Tsardom shall be a constitutional monarchy structured inside a state of rights which must respect the rights of their citizens.

The LibDem Government, as first measures, has launched immediately a law to abolish the hateful practices and crimes of the slavery and the slave trade and other inacceptable social regulations http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=493659 and they said to my government that between the restoration of the monarchy and the democratization of the country they prioritize the second one.

Again, the new government would put an end to the war against Trigunia, recognizing the fascist regime of their nation as responsable for the conflict and ready to pay the war reparations to Trigunia, a very responsible and conscious gesture by the new government of Deltaria http://classic.particracy.net/viewbill. ... lid=493706.

And also, my Government demands to the Security Council to freeze all the project about economical and trade sanctions against Deltaria given the positive evolution of the situation.

My government asks to this institution to become a guarantor of the transition to monitor but also to assist the deltarian government in this delicate moment, asking to the General Secretary to organize an Observation Diplomatic Mission to send in Deltaria.

Within this proposal of assistance for Deltaria, my Government, which as the elected Majatran nation to the Security Council would like to be in first line to face the situation, advice to involve in this diplomatic operation also the Trigunian Empire, cause the cultural and historical relations between the two nations.
Trigunian culd be considered as the prototype to whom the new government of Deltaria aspires and we think that the Trigunian Empire demostred itself as a democratic state of rights which have a clear legislation system that showing how the respect of the rights of the individuals are very enhanced.
Trigunia could aid to show a respectfull and moderate way of development to Deltaria, a support which I think will be really important for the Security Council.

Thank you.

Axxell

Postby Kubrick » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:28 pm

Members of the Security Council,

The ambassador of Hutori has not voted on the resolutions, yet 1, 2, 3 and 4 have already attained a majority and have thus passed. Resolution 5 has ended in a tie and has therefore been discarded. Since some of these resolutions are a reaction towards Saridan we urge caution, Saridan is already making steps to abolish slavery and refugees are being handled by Vanuku.

For now I also wish to address the Hutorian delegation, please become active.
"see yah i think kubs is right" ~Zanz

"I’m pretty sure your buddy Kubrick was upset he couldn’t just resort to his old ways" ~Auditorii

"You can blame Polites and Kubrick for that nightmare" ~Doc
Kubrick

Postby Axxell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Please members of the Council,

look at that:
viewtopic.php?f=17&p=107706#p107706

Thank you

Last edited by Axxell on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axxell

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive