42nd General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 35th General Assembly Session

Postby Wu Han » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:02 am

Image Ms. Sakaki Miyu, Sekowan Representative to the World Congress:
I would be happy to join my honourable colleague from Jakania for a discussion over tea. Surely our discourse will be more fruitful than the bickering here, which I had so sought to discourage by highlighting the work of Ambassador Liang Wen of Indrala and the Kazulian government.
(he/him)
Current: Cildania
Former: Listed Here
Wu Han

Postby Masionette9 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:24 am

Image Robert Rembert-Krawowicz, Valruzian Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs:

Mr. General-Secretary,

The delegation of the Republic of Valruzia would like to submit for official discussion the plan to establish and formalize the institutions of specialized organizations dependent on the World Congress. Valrussia believes that international cooperation in areas such as the peaceful use of nuclear energy, humanitarian and development funds can be institutionalized via specialized organizations of the World Congress.
Party of National Coalition (Valruzia) - active
Kalistan Democratic Party (Kalistan) - inactive
Masionette9

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Franklin Dupont
Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress

If I may, could the Valruzian Ambassador better explain what some of these institutions may look like, how they would be funded and what their mandates may be?
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Masionette9 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:59 am

Mr. Sectretary-General,

I rush to explain to my predecessor what we've had in mind and I thank him for picking up the debate. The Government of the Republic of Valruzia believes that there are many areas and aspects of world security that currently are being neglected thus decreasing the overall safety of the international community as a whole as well as individual member states of the international community.

Many countries codify the terms of international safety and security as times of peace and prevention of conflicts, but that approach is a pure illusion and in fact dangerous for safety and security. Mr. Secretary-General, areas as international air transportation which currently is overseen by ICAO is not a universal organization and in our opinion air transportation over territories of north and south Seleya, south Artania, western Majatra, and many other regions in Terra may encounter problems and difficulties which are resolved by the ICAO on areas of its validity. Safety & security of civilian air travel is in our opinion one of the many areas of international cooperation which should be under the protection of the World Congress and thus ICAO should be one of the specialized organizations of the World Congress. In our opinion, the same applies to peaceful usage of nuclear energy, food production and many others.

In terms of functioning and funding Specialized Agencies could legally be nothing more than independent international organizations with their own rules, membership, organs, and financial resources, but could be brought into a close relationship with the World Congress through negotiated agreements.

I hope that my explanation at least to some extent answers my predecessor's question.
Masionette9

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:06 pm

Liang Wen, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress
Your Excellencies, perhaps instead of focusing on security-based institutions, we could first start, at least conceptually, with organizations focusing on basic needs like agriculture, health, and education and culture. I think we can all agree that we want our peoples to have the basic foundations of life and to preserve our unique cultures.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Masionette9 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:58 pm

Mr. Sectretary-General,

I strongly agree with the distinguished delegate from Yingdala.

This is exactly what the Valerian government had in mind when it proposed a debate on specialized institutions.

The problem of hunger, the lack of access to education and the satisfaction of life's needs, and many others, are also an urgent problem that we can better deal with through specialized institutions.
Masionette9

Postby Yolo04 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Metrofane Murgo, Representative of the Kingdom of Keymon
We agree with the delegate from Yingdala. Organizations started by this body should focus on basic needs, at least at first. However, we believe that all nations should be allowed to opt out of all organizations started by this body. It would solely be fair if all organizations made by this body where optional to join and all nations part of them would be legally allowed to leave.
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Masionette9 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:45 pm

OOC: I accidentally edited that post... for the text with the new one... I am deleting this and putting the text from the new post as new.
Last edited by Masionette9 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Masionette9

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:21 am

Image Nguyễn Sơn Hải, Secretary-General of the World Congress:
On behalf of the World Congress bureaucracy, let me say that we stand ready to facilitate the work that countries are pursuing here to create an international response to the major problems of the day. If other countries share the view of Valruzia that food and agriculture should be our priority then we are ready to support them in that view. With this in mind, let me make a recommendation. Prior to determining superficial characteristics like name and operation, it would be better to have a clear and succinct statement of the new organisation's mission.
jamescfm

Postby Auditorii » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:51 pm

The Dorvish delegation would gladly commit to this sort of sub-organization as a whole, especially given our dedication to the building and creation of cold weather crops and agriculture. We do however suggest, a short title? World Food Agency? World Food and Agriculture Organization? Something that is similar and succinct to remember.

Anton von und zu Kiesinger,
General-Plenipotentiary to the World Congress
Kingdom of Dorvik
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive