42nd Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 36th Session (WCSC)

Postby Maxington » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:12 pm

Anne-Mette Vilhelmsen, Kazulian Ambassador to the World Congress
The Kingdom of Kazulia is determined to see a suitable peace coming out of the conflict as is requested by the Yingala delegation and will of course relay details on said peace to this august chamber where we see it fit. To address the Vanukean delegation, unlike the Vanukean Government the Kazulian Government accepts responsibility. It comments our assistance to Kalistan, Jelbania and Hulstria, simply confirms our sentiment that the Vanukean Government has no real claim to being a responsible entity in global affairs and is now pulling at straws. It is a very shameful sight to see the Vanukean Government struggling to remain relevant in global affairs. The Vanukean people really do deserve a better standard than that.
"The future of the Nation is in the children's school bags" ~ Dr. Eric Williams
President of the Trond Henrichsen Institute for International Affairs.
Maxington

Postby Rogue » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:17 pm

Ambassador Ami Kezrai from the Kingdom of Vanuku

As expected Kazulia sees its own apology as higher then that of others. Vanuku has apologized for the nuclear detonation almost every time it was brought up and has taken its responsibility. That is why our Kingdom has been succesfull in reastablishing ties in the region. Kazulia on the other hand only once apologized for its total disregard of human rights during its fascist era and, immediately after the apology, went back to influencing whatever nation it wanted to.

Its a shame to see the Kazulian government blame the Vanukean Kingdom for their own faults. As the only imperialistic regime currently on terra is that of Kazulia
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Postby Maxington » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Recognising that the Vanukean delegation has nothing of real validity to add to the discussion anymore, I'd like to inform this august chamber, that former Minister of Foreign Affairs Linda Rasmussen, Chief of Defence General Sven Christensen and incumbent Minister of Foreign Affairs Astrid Knudsvig will be representing the Kingdom of Kazulia in the negotiations which all parties have agreed will occur in Turtle Bay, Keymon. We continue to remain receptive to the other delegations who have articulated their genuine concerns for the peace negotiations and thus we have made an undertaking to ensure that the negotiations conclude with favourable results.
Maxington

Postby colonelvesica » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:57 pm

Franklin Dupoint
Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress

Honourable Delegates

If I may weigh in and ask, first asking for calm. This chamber is about guiding world peace, and constructive dialogue, not wringing out dirty laundry from centuries past. We have all made mistakes in our histories, I doubt any delegate would argue that, and Hutori is by no means innocent.

Outside of the Kazullian delegation, who is included in the peace negotiations from all involved parties? Recognizing of course that Keymon is serving as neutral ground for the peace talks, may I suggest that Yingdala be also included as a neutral arbiter for these talks should they be be willing. Yingdala historically has deep ties to all of Dovani, and I can think of no other member, without a direct link to this conflict, that could serve to guide these peace talks to a positive conclusion. Yingdala is not bound to Kazullia in the same way Dorvik, Lourenne or Hutori are. Luthori and Vanuku are not from the continent and thus have fewer ties, aside from the obvious humanitarian ones, to this conflict.

Further, to ensure the peaceful transition of power, and to keep stability in the nation for the interim, I would move for a World Congress Peacekeeping Mission, to be lead by Yingdala, with personnel offered by all World Congress nation that wish to be involved, to be invited into North Dovani. Hutori would of course volunteer for this mission, as we have done for peacekeeping missions in the past, similar to the mission in New Alduria and Hulstria.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

Postby Auditorii » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:03 am

The Kingdom believes that the Hutorian representative has the correct idea. The Dorvish Kingdom would support such a proposal. I will note however that Kazulia has largely acted in the best interest of the world order and many of us can thank Kazulia, among others, for handling issues when some of our nations, my own included, turned a blind eye. I think that should be noted, even if begrudgingly admitted.

That being said, we support the role Yingdala plays in the Security Council and welcome them to this august body. The Kingdom is very excited to have a stable, respected ally and partner in the World Congress. I must, however, caution that we must not thrust too much on our allies from Tian'an. I think a multi-national force of peacekeepers can ensure this operation succeeds underneath the leadership of the Yingdalan delegation.

Anton von und zu Kiesinger,
General-Plenipotentiary to the World Congress
Kingdom of Dorvik
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:08 pm

Liang Wen, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress
We applaud Kazulia for kicking off peace negotiations and allowing the World Congress a seat at the table. I think we all can agree that this will lead to a stable and long lasting peace. Kazulia's efforts will, in the end, make Terra a more virtuous place.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby XanderOne » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Marco Di Stefano, Istalian Ambassador to the World Crongress:

Greetings colleagues,
Istalia can only agree and fully support the proposal made by our collegue from Hutori although also my country would prefer to see the Yingdalan forces flacked by forces from other countries of the Security Council with a WCSC-lead Operations Command, in order to avoid any possible problem or suspect that could arose here or from all over Terra and first of all from North Dovani and the several actors involved in the war and in the negotiations.

About the exchange of harsh comments which charaterized the last debates within the Security Council, as said by several other colleagues, we must put an end to these constant dwelling on the past, it is not very healthy for anybody.

But, we cannot overlook on the point which unleashed this debate: military actions substantially taken unilaterally. We are not questioning the noble intent which led Kazulia to act, but we fear that this, like other similar actions carried out or at least attempted also by other countries, also present here, can constitute once again a precedent, a dangerous precedent.
I don't want now starting to listen the several cases and those responsible, among which I can put also my own country if I go to analyze its history, and it is not our intention now to side for this or that opinion on the current case.

What really interest my country, for the sake of the international diplomacy, for the sake of an international law which should be really equal and fair toward every nation of Terra, from the Great Powers to the most weakest ones, it's to begin a serious debate about the creation of clear rules which every nation shall respect, rules that, for example, will deny in any case to a nation, especially those within the Security Council, the freedom to embark in military actions unless the WCSC authorizes it and, obviously, unless its own sovereignty has been violated through military actions. We are aware that there are also situations where the inaction could generate a danger for that nation and its citizens, and other kind of situation involving national interests or its citizens maybe abroad, but we need to create clear rules for this, because if not, debates like the ones we saw recently will rise once again and will hinder once again the work of the Council, with continous reciprocal accusations, for example, to act as Police of the World, or about the infringment of national sovereignty, and so on, and so on.

But, we also are conscious of the fact that there is the possibility that an appeal to this Council could fall on deaf leaves and my government thinks that we need rules also to face such situation, rules indicating in which cases a nation could act facing the inactivity of this Council and/or the disregard of the other members (OOC: and often the inactivity of the players which I know that it could frustrate those trying to carry out an RP).

My government hope that from this situation, starting maybe with these suggestions, we will be able to work together to solve what turned out to be a very delicate issue to keep healthy diplomatic relations and for the maintanance of the peace.

Thank you
XanderOne

Postby Maxington » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:05 am

The Kingdom of Kazulia would like to inform the Security Council that we are making headway into the negotiations which are set to begin formally with time. The delay is on the part of the Kazulian Government, thus we ask for members watching eagerly for the commencing of these negotiations to bear with us as we move to present our proposals for peace formally and openly.
Maxington

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Liang Wen, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress
I would like to say that Yingdala appreciates the support of the entire World Congress for its role in seeing the conflict in North Dovani to a peaceful end. To clarify, Yingdala is part of this endeavor, it does not see itself as leading it, nor do we propose that Yingdala send a military contingent to North Dovani for, as many have mentioned, such an action would be woefully inadequate without the support of the major nations of Terra.

Yingdala agrees with the Istalian notion that a set of guidelines should be developed for interventions. Effectively, we can all help define a 'just war' or 'just intervention.' A nation should certainly never use force unless it is just. This concept, as we all know, exists in one form or another in most philosophies and religions spanning the whole of Terra. We applaud Istalia for opening this debate and taking the lead on the subject.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby colonelvesica » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:04 pm

Franklin DuPont
Hutorian Ambassador to the World Congress

If I can clarify, I didn't mean for Yingdala to handle the peacekeeping on it's own. I meant for Yingdala to have Leadership of the Mission, but the troops would be supplied by any volunteering members of the World Congress and this Security Council. Hutori would gladly supply whatever amount of troops, supplies and material would be required for the duration of this possible mission.

In regards to the possibility of requiring Security Council authorization for an intervention, while I'm not against it, I will note that Permanent Members of this Council can veto any proposal at will, including mission proposals. While I'm not against drafting a Resolution in this Council, I believe that is something that needs to be kept in mind.
The Last of his Name
colonelvesica

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive