42nd Security Council Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 36th Session (WCSC)

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:01 pm

Image Nguyễn Sơn Hải, Secretary-General of the World Congress:
Excuse my interruption of the flow of discussion. I do not mean to derail the productive discussions being had here but it has been some time since this session commenced and the Security Council has not formally appointed a President. For the sake of simplicity and in recognition of the mediating role they have played already, I am appointing the Yingdalan Ambassador to this position until a formal decision is made or the session concludes.
jamescfm

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Liang Wen, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress
Yingdala is humbled by this appointment. However, we cannot accept such honors. We are nowhere near the stature needed to be in such a position, although thankful for the consideration. We would suggest Dorvik, Istalia, Kazulia, Vanuku, or Hutori.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby jamescfm » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Image Nguyễn Sơn Hải, Secretary-General of the World Congress:
In recognition of the refusal of the Yingdalan Ambassador's refusal, I shall appoint instead the Hutorian Ambassador as acting President of the Security Council. The appointment is intended to be temporary and I still urge the delegations to resolve between them to make a formal appointment.
jamescfm

Re: 36th Security Council Session

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Yingdala would be willing to formally nominate Hutori to the presidency. We believe that Hutori, as a non-permanent member, yet also a great power, is uniquely placed to fulfill the duties of leading this body in a way that will maximize the interests of the permanent members and the non-permanent members, the great powers and the smaller powers.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Auditorii » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:46 pm

"The Dorvish would support such a move and applaud the Yingdalan delegation for such humbleness."

Anton von und zu Kiesinger,
General-Plenipotentiary to the World Congress
Kingdom of Dorvik
Image Dorvik | Image Zardugal | Image Ostland (FBC)
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Rogue » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:28 am

Ambassador Ami Kezrai from the Kingdom of Vanuku

We applaud the Yingdalan delegation for their choice and would support such a move
Playing in:

Istapali
Rogue

Re: 42nd Security Council Session

Postby Auditorii » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:42 pm

"The Dorvish have credible intelligence that the alleged chemical attack carried out in Bianje is nothing more than propaganda. Without disclosing classified intelligence the Dorvish assets within Dovani as well other sources, the Dorvish have conducted aerial reconnaissance over Bianje as well as acquired air samples from the alleged areas. They reveal no significant portion of chemical weapons as well as other testing that has been conducted. We can confirm that ethnic cleansing has begun in some areas, mostly strongholds of the Khan and the Royal family. Elements of the security, intelligence and armed forces have been involved but it is not as wide scale as the state newspaper has stated.

I think that the issue requires immediate Security Council attention, I am sure that spheres of influence will be discussed here but I do not think that immediate military intervention in the concept of boots on the ground will be necessary. I think we can send a clear message to the Khan and his people that if they wish to conduct ethnic cleansing, there will be consequences. A multi-national force comprised mostly of aircraft with surgical strikes against both security, intelligence and military elements that have participated in the ethnic cleansing will send a very strong message."

Image Anton von und zu Kiesinger,
Kingdom of Dorvik
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:31 pm

We thank Dorvik for their assessment and efforts at getting to the bottom of this. Yingdala has tried to reach out to Bianjie bilaterally in order to address the issue and were among the first to denounce it. This situation, we agree, must be dealt with. However, we must exhaust our diplomatic efforts before we choose to respond with force.

What Bianjie has done is reprehensible and many of the foreigners that perished were likely Yingdalans, but our moral authority comes first from the ability to persuade. If there is a chance at resolution through words, that is the far greater victory - for all in Terra.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby Auditorii » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:39 pm

"We would agree with diplomatic efforts entirely but we do believe that in the event that diplomatic efforts fail, a proportional response is required. I will admit that the Foreign Intelligence Service does not have any idea of the composition or ethnicity of those who have thus far been killed. I can say though that the areas where the operations have been conducted certainly lend to the credibility that the victims are "foreigners" likely to be regional peoples from neighboring states. We'll have more information going forward but as of right now, this is what we know."

Image Anton von und zu Kiesinger,
Kingdom of Dorvik
-- Particracy Game Rules
-- Moderation Requests
-- Game Information
-- Particracy Discord
Auditorii

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:55 pm

Certainly, if diplomatic efforts fail, actions can be escalated, that is only natural.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Previous

Return to Sessions Archive