44th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

Re: 44th General Assembly Session

Postby alaskancrabpuffs21 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:44 pm

Kleopatra Bīriņa Dolgavian Representative to the World Congress

To address the rogue tyrannical regime's claim, There was plenty of questioning and anger coming from this chamber when Kalistan was invaded. It still puzzles us how that situation even took place... However that incident was isolated. Likatonia keeps this behavior up again and again...
"Alaskan"
Dolgovas konservatīvā partija (Dolgava) info
Also in Hanzen
My RP: Dolgava

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning - Erwin Rommel
alaskancrabpuffs21

Postby jamescfm » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:53 pm

Image Ms. Wardiyya al-Darwish, Jakanian Permanent Representative to the World Congress:
The democratically elected government of Kalistan invited Lourennais forces to enter the country's territory for the purposes of stability and the restoration of law and order in the face of a domestic terrorist threat. Premier Joaquin Bennots-Hernandez made the facts of the matter very clear to the international community at the time.

At no point did the Zardic government request the support of Likatonia. Quite the opposite, you have been openly supporting and supplying domestic terrorists within Zardugal attempting to overthrow the government. Likatonia has repeatedly made clear that it does not believe in the principle of national self-government, what is there left to discuss?
jamescfm

Postby John Cracker » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:03 pm

Jack Hickens Minister of Foreign Affairs Representing Likatonia

Well the democratically elected government of Likatonia supports the Freedom Fighters who have formed there own country electing their own officials democratically, as opposed to the dictator and his insane cabinet ministers, we funded rebels because we wanted to help achieve freedom, in the minds of Likatonians, freedom is worth fighting for, even if backlash comes as a side effect.
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Aquinas » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:04 pm

Arpit Bajpai, Foreign Minister of Malivia:

Fellow delegates,

I feel it my duty to inform the World Congress that my government has just received a message from Likatonia, which I shall now read out:

We would like to be able to use a Malivian naval base or port to dock our fleet, consisting of 7 frigates, 5 battleships, and 4 subs. in order to rest and make repairs if nesscary and refuel, we are using the fleet to attack the Zardugalain blockade, (we are at war with Zardugal) your nation will be paid in full for all expenses.

We made clear Malivia would not fulfil this request without the authorisation of the Security Council.

On another important subject, my country is currently carrying out a "Swachh Maliviya" campaign to eliminate the scourge of open air defecation. All donations and assistance from our international partners will be put to good use and be most gratefully received.
Aquinas

Postby John Cracker » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:12 pm

Well if it is appropriate at this time, we have a threat from Keymon you might be interested in, addressed to our PM.
Dear Mr Smith,

I would like to say it is nice to talk to you, however the topic for which I am here to discuss isn’t a nice one. Your ministry of defense has announced it will began revamping your 760 aircraft so that all may be operational at once. This is a direct threat to Keymon. Either remove 660 of your aircraft from service (via the deduction of these aircraft or the selling of them to other nations), or Keymon, as a member of the security council, will begin a campaign to place international sanctions on Likatonia, preventing it from receiving any grade from other nations. This would mean the total collapse of your economy and, most likely, the start of either a civil war in Likatonia or an invasion by Lodamun.

I highly suggest you follow my demands. Thank you.

Best regards,
Mrs Maria Saveria
Prime Minister of Keymon
Interested in not responding to ridiculous accusations, namely from Jakania, and Lourania, and now Valruzia
John Cracker

Postby Yolo04 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:13 pm

Image Allesandru Jisepu, Representative of the Kingdom of Keymon to the World Congress

Fellow delegates,

The Likatonian government has admitted to being the culprit behind the assassination of several members of the Zaradugal government, has admitted to furthering a civil war in a foreign nation, and now, the Malivian delegation, has exposed Likatonia of wanting to, yet again, expand its militaristic reach and, once again, threaten the Kingdom of Keymon.

Fellow delegates, noting that the Likatonian government refuses to end it’s militaristic stance, I am actively working with fellow members of the Security Council to condemn the actions of Likatonia and to, if possible, remove their military support from terrorist around the world.

And, we have no apologies to issue over our demands that the MoD of Likatonia stop mass producing aircraft. Why does a small nation with no internal or external threats need that many aircraft? Because they seek to not only attack Keymon, but also attack her neighbors. They seek to subjugate our people’s via the use of military force. They seek to rape, pillage, and murder their way across all of Seleya. I say it loud and clear now, Likatonia MUST BE STOPPED!

Thank you
List of Parties:
Image Keymon, Four Pillars Party (MQP): ACTIVE

Dankuk, Hwanghu Dang Party (4613): INACTIVE
Yolo04

Location: West Virginia, USA (haha country roads jokes are so funny)

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Kang Qigang, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress
Your Excellencies, I have just been issued an order by the Cabinet to convey Yingdala's reprimand of Likatonia. Yingdala is formally requesting Likatonia cease and desist its terrorist finance scheme and respect the sovereignty of Zardugal. We also ask that Likatonia abide by international law, including the binding Guiding Principles. As a sovereign nation, we condemn Likatonia's actions and find them abhorrent. It is one thing to make statements about one's views, but it is another to actively interfere. Yingdala will await action by the Security Council, but reserve all sovereign rights to cut off ties with Likatonia until this situation is resolved. I am told His Majesty the Son of Heaven is personally lecturing the Likatonian Ambassador to Yingdala about their immoral and improper actions and how to resolve them.
Liu Che/Zhuli

Postby John Cracker » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:21 pm

To answer your request: no, and your "son of heavens" lectures are quit boring.
John Cracker

Postby John Cracker » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 pm

Further the Freedom Fighters are not terrorist, they are freedom fighters, you continual use of the word terrorist implies we are funding a group who loots, pillages, murders, and commits other crimes, and that is not true.
John Cracker

Postby Liu Che/Zhuli » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:44 pm

Kang Qigang, Yingdalan Ambassador to the World Congress
Your Excellency, if the Security Council intervenes and requests Likatonia to stop - will it then comply with international law? Already, Likatonia is in violation of the Guiding Principles.

Further, we consider a rebel organization killing leaders of another government to be terrorists. You have already admitted to their acts of crime and murder. They are terrorists plain and simple. We call for the Security Council to label Likatonia a supporter of terrorism.

To help spur the Security Council to action, we propose the following non-binding resolution for the General Assembly:

RECOGNIZING and AFFIRMING the Guiding Principles of the World Congress (Security Council Resolution 88) as binding international law;

FURTHER RECOGNIZING and ACKNOWLEDGING Likatonia's admission of funding a rebel group in Zardugal that has committed acts of violence;

SEEING that Likatonia defined "terrorist" as "a group who loots, pillages, murders, and commits other crimes";

KNOWING that the rebel group Likatonia funds in Zardugal has committed "murders" and "other crimes";

UNDERSTANDING Likatonia's intent to spread what it calls "democracy" in sovereign nations by force if need be;

BELIEVING Likatonia's actions thus far violation international law;

CALLS for the following:

1. The World Congress Security Council condemn Likatonia's activities and initiate an investigation.

2. The World Congress Security Council place sanctions on Likatonia until it complies with international law.

3. All nations to condemn Likatonia's activities and declare it a state sponsor of terrorism, until it complies with international law.

4. All nations to expel Likatonian delegations until it complies with international law.

5. All nations to place travel bans on Likatonia, but welcome Likatonian refugees with open arms, until it complies with international law.

6. Place an embargo of arms, oil and gas, and other resources and inputs necessary for war, until it complies with international law.

7. Expel Likatonia and its government affiliates from the World Congress until it complies with international law.
Last edited by Liu Che/Zhuli on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Liu Che/Zhuli

PreviousNext

Return to Sessions Archive