47th General Assembly Session

An archive of previous sessions of both the General Assembly and Security Council as well as various ad hoc consultations and meetings.

Moderator: RP Committee

47th General Assembly Session

Postby jamescfm » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:51 pm

Below are the archived discussions of the 47th General Assembly Session, which lasted from 4809 to 4824.

Image Mr. Nizaam al-Ishmael, General-Secretary of the World Congress:
Following the 4809 Security Council elections, the World Congress welcomes governments, political parties and other organisations to the 47th General Assembly Session.
jamescfm

Re: 47th General Assembly Session

Postby Polites » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:27 am

Traianus Bhaskara, Selucian representative to the World Congress:

The Selucian Senate has appointed me to represent the Senate and People of Selucia. I wish to proclaim to the entire world our joy that the previous communist government, which tried undemocratically to impose state atheism on the Selucian populace, has fallen, and democracy has been restored. As such, the previous government's stated policy of spreading atheism on the world stage has, thankfully, been abolished.

Instead, henceforth Selucia will stand in solidarity with all the indigenous peoples of Terra in their fight to preserve their religious customs and traditions in the face of the millennial genocide perpetrated against us by hegemonic monotheism and post-monotheistic atheism. The natural religious disposition of humans is towards animism and polytheism. Monotheism, and its close relative, atheism, are unnatural and can only be maintained over the long term by force. Wherever it encounters many Gods, monotheism and atheism do their best to discredit, belittle, ridicule, and, as is sadly often the case, violently persecute the religious Other.

Because of this we cannot stand idly by as one of Terra's only remaining polytheistic peoples, the brave and noble people of Vascania, find themselves besieged by monotheistic triumphalism once again. The Senate and People of Selucia wholeheartedly condemn Deltarian aggression, and we echo our brethren in Vascania by extending that condemnation to the Istalian regime, which has become a stooge of Deltarian imperialism. We cannot but see in this aggression the violent reaction that the very existence of polytheism elicits in monotheistic powers, all the more so when said polytheists stand proudly and defiantly as a strong independent nation.

While Selucia praises the wisdom and courage of Yingdala's Son of Heaven in settling this dispute, we urge His Imperial and Royal Majesty and Radiant Highness not to fall prey to the ideological machinations and the vile colonial propaganda of the monotheists and their atheistic allies. Vascania was clearly the victim in this instance, and only because the powers that be cannot tolerate any nation that has the audacity to honor multiple Divine Beings.
Polites

Postby LPL » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:22 pm

Gordon Cole Murray, Representative of Likatonia to the World Congress

I wish to inform that the Government of Likatonia has appointed me as the representative of Likatonia to the World Congress.
LPL

Postby jamescfm » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:12 am

Image Abdul Jaleel Ahmad el-Ishmael, Leader of the 16th Temple of New Helem:
I stand before this body today for a single purpose: to bring attention to a great injustice dominating and shaping the world of today. Despite the platitudes that we hear from many voices about the end of colonialism and the success of liberating movements, the truth is today that the world continues to be dominated by a powerful white elite class that manipulates the economic and cultural systems of every nation for their own enrichment and power. For many among you these words will already have triggered the panicked response of denial and you will stop listening.

The rest, the seekers and those eager to learn, will notice the following. You will notice that countries around the world seek to target and eradicate the Ahmadi faith. Not only that you will notice the total silence on this matter from every major world government including the nominally Ahmadi ones. In every part of the world the global community is attempting to suppress the true word of Akim.

When the Arch-Patriarch, the dictator of the Hosian church, was forced to leave his home in the most expensive palace of idolatry in the world for the second most expensive palace of idolatry in the world, the response was fury and anger from world governments. Not a word was spoken in this body when the Vascanian Empire, the largest imperialist state in the world today, began forcing Ahmadis out of the country- an ongoing genocide. As soon as this same empire threatened global supply lines for the white man's profit, they were facing all-out war.

Let my message be a warning to all who hear it that those who do no act in the name of justice will be judged harshly at the final hour.
jamescfm

Postby Polites » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:53 am

Traianus Bhaskara, Selucian representative to the World Congress:

Selucia thanks Abdul Jaleel Ahmad el-Ishmael for bringing to the attention of the international community the continued existence of colonialism and imperialism, protestations to the contrary notwithstanding. We also thank him for highlighting the hypocrisy of many nations who cried "persecution!" when the Arch-Patriarch of the Aurorian Patriarchal Church voluntarily left Selucia, but are otherwise quiet when the indigenous religions of Terra, overwhelmingly practiced by black and brown peoples, are being systematically eradicated.

I fear however that Mr. Abdul Jaleel Ahmad el-Ishmael is himself a participant in this eradication. When he condemns the practices of the Aurorian Patriarchal Church as "idolatry", he reflects historical monotheist intolerance towards and demonization of the traditional religious practices of Terra’s indigenous peoples. If Mr. el-Ishmael were truly committed to ending colonialism he would not be spouting monotheistic colonial propaganda.
Polites

Postby Pragma » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Mohun Marwah, Vascanian Representative to the World Congress

The Vascanian government refutes the false accusations levied against it by certain representatives who have spoken here recently. Ultimately, our government is focused on internal stability and the development of our indigenous culture and religion. Cultures and religions that run directly counter to our values are handled in Vascanian in a way that satisfies the general public will.

Ahmadis have not been mistreated in any way and have simply been asked, politedly, to seek a home more conducive to their faith. We are a nation with a particular culture and a particular faith. That is our right and we will not shy away from strengthening our culture and our religion within our boundaries with the support of the public.
Currently playing in: Cildania

Image Vascanian Empire
Pragma

Postby Drax » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:44 am

Magdalena al-Jabbar, Jumhuriat al-Badara Representative to the World Congress:

There is a question we, as a largely Ahmadi and Majatran nation, would put to Representative to the World Congress Mohun Marwah of the Vascanian Empire. When you speak of culture are you referring to Ahmadi culture or are you also seeking to purge yourself of Majatran as well as Ahmadi influences? Perhaps you simply see them as one and the same.
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby Drax » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Mustapha al-Makhtoum, Representative of Jumhuriat al-Badara:

If there are still Vascanian citizens who will be expelled as Ahmadi from the Greater Vascanian Empire, what assistance can Badara offer to them?
Neue Dundorfische Zentrumspartei (NDZP), Dundorf, Active
Deltarianska Narodna Strana (DNS), Deltaria, Active
Dedicated to the proposition.
Drax

Postby EarlDavid » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:54 pm

Coburan Representative to the General Assembly
I wish to inform the General Assembly that the Coburan Government has appointed me to the General Assembly
EarlDavid

Postby Ab3012 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:31 am

Istalian Ambassador Antonia Jacopozzi

nations of the world I'm here because my government was all armed by the fact that there is a new gobernment in Ponetsi that is trying to open to the world and also trying to find partners to sell military equipments. What is worrying is the fact that Pontesi is the only nation in world that allow slave and slave trade. My government wnats invite the nations of the world to avoid to have relations and especially to buy goods and to trade with pontesi because doing this there is the risk to buy something made exploiting slave labor. But my government wants also make an appeal to the government of Pontesi to abolish slavery and slave trade. If not my government would like ask to the world congress to adopt a resolution condemning the slavery in Pontesi imposing a ban on the trade with that nation.

My government wants also inform the government of Badara that Istalia is ready to help you in offering assistance to majatran people ousted from Vascania. It is sad to hear of people invited to leave their homes because of their culture or religion. It is sad to hear that such things are still regarded as factor of discrimination and that something which doesn't depend from a choice of the individuals is still considered as a factor of discrimination. From inviting people to leave their homes to pass to persecution if not slavery the step is brief. The differences apparently are a lot but indeed all is generate from hate and discrimination, from the arrogance to consider ourself superior to other people which in turn generate the arrogance to consider those considered inferior as worthy even to be treated like animals. Trading with Vascania and other nations adopting such policies is not to much different from trading with Pontesi because there are always serious ethical issues. My government will hope Badara will be willing to cooperate to bring relief to those people.

Ab3012

Next

Return to Sessions Archive